"Read Me" file with Mascot Editor

My daughter is interested in making some new levels, so I downloaded the editor for her. I've never used it, so I told her to read the "read me" file. Unfortunately the "read me" file isn't readable (The alert is that the application that created it could not be found.)

Can anyone advise how we can read the "read me"? Failing that, can anyone provide simple step by step instructions for her to follow? We've tried the FAQ, but it seems the preliminary requisite information would be in the read me file...

TIA

------------------

(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum54/HTML/000074.html#")http://www.AmbrosiaS...ML/000074.html#(/url) is a old post on this forum, which has most of the info in the readme and more. If you want to use the readme, just drag it into simpletext or some other text application.

------------------
"If skunks didnt smell so bad, they'd be extinct"- Me.
"I have lots of dollers but no cents"- My sis years ago. (Spell it as sence no cents.)

Oh yes, and if you've tried the harry editor, you should be just fine.

------------------
"If skunks didnt smell so bad, they'd be extinct"- Me.
"I have lots of dollers but no cents"- My sis years ago. (Spell it as sence no cents.)

Originally posted by Thok:
**Oh yes, and if you've tried the harry editor, you should be just fine.

Thanks for the link.

I'd tried to convert the "read me" using MacLink Plus, which crashed (as usual), but the second time (after rebooting) I got a readable translation.

Haven't used Harry's editor either, so truly a neophyte.

We'll carry on ...

------------------

The "MASCOT Reference Guide" is very helpfull.
It can be found on this board.

I higly recommend creating levels in an image program first.
It'll save a lot of time.

When you have questions, post 'em here!

------------------
“His own government suing him, that’s not chocolate sundae.” –- Bill Gates' father

Also I would suggest duplicating the orginal world file and editing that by deleting all spirtes, tiles, and xicrons and working with that. Starting new worlds from scratch is very confusing.

------------------
Apu: Well, if the police won't help us, we'll simply have to take the law into our own hands.
Wiggum: Yeah, yeah! A lot of people are doing that these days.

Note there are menu commands to delete all of that, as I learned after doing 3 or 4 levels by hand. :eek:

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

Hi Monsterlady. I hear you have problems opening the read me. Here are directions to opening the Mascot Read Me:
1. Open your hard drive (hard drive may be titled "Macintosh HD" (unless changed))
2. Open Applications folder.
3. Drag program named "Simple Text" to desktop (where the hard drive is)
4. Open up your Ferazel folder.
5. Drag the read me onto Simple Text which you dragged onto your desktop.
Ta Da! 😉
-rwh2001

------------------