A Return to the EVO Webstory

SilverDragon, on Apr 2 2005, 11:58 PM, said:

Visitor, when the Igadzra-Zidagar backlog is finally cleared and you're involved, please ensure that your fleet numbers involved are accurate and do not involve ships produced over the many game months since (i.e. the several weeks gap.) I know it'll be tough to work out what's where etc., but I trust you not to be untruthful.
View Post

I'll be sure to reflect that by insuring rediculous ship losses on my account in the Battle of Threefrog 😉

I'd rather you made sure you only have the ships there which you actually sent, and not months' worth of production. While there may not even be a Battle of Threefrog, it's terrible practice to send ships you don't have at that point.

SilverDragon, on Apr 3 2005, 12:11 PM, said:

I'd rather you made sure you only have the ships there which you actually sent, and not months' worth of production. While there may not even be a Battle of Threefrog, it's terrible practice to send ships you don't have at that point.
View Post

Very well, but it is particularly difficult to sort out all of the supposedly 'phantom' ships from the truely produced ones. I'll leave it at 1/2 count.

Best way I can think of doing it -- you sent a number of ships ages ago. Don't send any more. Any additional ships you send after that first load are ones you've produced after the event, right?

Recent tech developments: (Res-edit stats)

Scatter shot rockets:

The launcher is a fairly small, internal launcher. In general the only improvement over other launchers it boasts is a launch rate that slightly exceeds the pursuit missile launcher. The rockets are where the true improvements are. First of all the rockets apply the substantial improvements in rocket technology in other words they move pretty quick. The rockets are straight firing modules that detonate at a set distance from the ship. This detonation scatters approximately sixty-four tiny capsules of segregated Veldegrass chemicals. The capsules require energy input to detonate, but enemy shields provide plenty of energy to cause the capsules to explode. Due to the scattering of the capsules this weapon is only suitable against single ships at close range, but against a fleet a few rockets can do light damage to dozens of ships.

Reload: 50
Energy damage: 11 (individual capsule)
Energy damage: 500 (if the rocket hits a shield before dispersion)
Mass damage: 0
Count before dispersion: 1 second
Count after dispersion: Unlimited. However, as distance from dispersion increases the density of capsules decreases.
Speed: 1600 (capsule or rocket)
Inaccuracy: Spread of 140ÅŸ

Multi-jump technology:

Stations can make up to three hyperjumps without coming out of hyperspace in the intervening systems. More to be explained IC.

Ship modifications:

All ships have level 5 Azdgari shielding installed. Fighters are upgraded even more and are segregated into two groups.

Missile fighter:

Speed: 535
Maneuver: 8
Acceleration: 1300
Shield: 300
Exterior armor: 90
Armor: 1
Shield Recharge: 3.75
Fuel: 500
Free Mass:0
Cargo: 0

Outfits:
2 wing-mounted rocket launchers
20 rockets
2 phase cannons
Solar Panel

Beam fighter:

Speed: 535
Maneuver: 8
Acceleration: 1300
Shield: 300
Exterior armor: 90
Armor: 1
Shield Recharge: 3.75
Fuel: 500
Free Mass:0
Cargo: 0

Outfits:
Veldegrass cannon
Afterburner
Solar Panel

Paranoid, when exactly did you research all of that new stuff (scattershot rockets, multi-jump, and the two fighters)? I don't see any evidence of it in the story topic.

I started the scattershot rocket on March 2, (Here) the multi-jump was a LuRay project and as always behind but I've accounted for about ten days researching it and the completion was March 17 (Here). That post also mentions the modifications to the fighters are the beginning of the segregation project.

I'll admit, I am disorganized to an extreme degree, but I think everything is accounted for. If I did make a mistake just tell me and I'll correct it. Thank you

This post has been edited by Paranoid : 10 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

Ok, we've let the story go into a vegetative state. Now instead of cutting the life support we can get active again, replace the missing players, and get the show on the road! This webstory has potential, lets not let it die because one player had an inconvenient vacation and a few others got bored. If you are still there, gather here and we will unfreeze this story. VERY SOON

I know. I said that since the beginning of this whole "Let it freeze for several months" plot, but everyone else disagreed. I need to start getting my government back in order anyway no matter.

-Bob

I agreed with you o' honorable consul. I'm am much apriciative of your swift reply, let us round up the players and start recruting replacements.

Roll call.

Who is still paying attention and what do you think should happen next?

Checklist:

Paranoid: Check

Consul Bob: Check

Ipvicus: Unresponsive

Cpt. Carnotaur: Check

vIsitor (me): Check

Ryuu:Check

Asriel: Quit

Thunder: Resigned

RMA: Resigned

Selax: Quit

Admiral Brendon: Playing WoW, attendance tennitive

Grundulator: Will rejoin if enough players return
-----

That means we need to fill the Voinian and Azdgari positions (and the Zidagar if Ipvicus dosn't respond soon)

This post has been edited by ~vIsitor~ : 24 April 2005 - 01:47 PM

if you guys need poeple i might enjoy taking on a smaller part (dont know the ropes). it looks like i have missed a lot? i guess its all written down though, huh? i would require some patience, this is all new to me. anyways, if you guys need people to get this thing started again throw up a post!

It's not an addiction. I can at least go to bed on time and stop playing for food and drink. I've had to make dinner the past two nights because my parental unit could not bring herself to get off World of Warcraft.

heh, glad you can be here every once and a while AB 😉

From now until June (and for most of June, actually) I will be extremely available to fill any spots you need. However I have to admit I only discovered this story last night and have yet to actually read the actual story (although I've read the backgrounds), so it would be nice to filled in on events etc.

I'm here. Just been busy the last few days. I'll try to make another post later.

You'd have to read the whole thing to understand what's been happening (too difficult to explain) but most recently the Zidigar launched a three-pronged offensive on the Igadzra, Azdgari, and yes, Miranu fronts. The Azdgari lost a great deal of their warships in Molar, the Igadzra were already suffering from a defeat the azdgari handed them, and the miranu border worlds are under threat of annexation from what the Zidigar on the grounds of supposed 'war crimes' (trading w/the Igadzra) and instaging the Pozdag revolt (which they didn't).

All right, I'll read through it as soon as I can — Sundays are a bit hectic for me but I should have it done tomorrow.

Changed my mind. Since school is now over, I'll be a mod. Not really interested in writing, though.