RotV and other Strings

I know that in order to do Reign of the Voinians, you can't do any UE/Emalgha missions or Miranu missions (and I'm assuming that "Miranu" includes "Zachit"), but what about the Strand strings, and the two renegade mission strings? Can I do all of those and still have RotV work? And are there any other strings I'm forgetting?

Thanks.

------------------

Yes you can. You can do ROTV with a better equipped ship. I suggest doing the Igadzra Storyline.

------------------

Originally posted by kauthor:
**Yes you can. You can do ROTV with a better equipped ship. I suggest doing the Igadzra Storyline.

Thanks. Though I was planning on doing the Azdgari storyline for the Shield regenerators plus the turn upgrade...all the Igadzra have are the SAE Modules (which I never use) and the Plasma Siphon (which I never found much use for, though I've never tried it against UE Fighters...).

------------------

(This message has been edited by Xizzix (edited 07-05-2004).)

Originally posted by kauthor:
**Yes you can. You can do ROTV with a better equipped ship. I suggest doing the Igadzra Storyline.

I can do the Captains of Freeport string, but not the North Tip Renegade string without doing the first Miranu mission. And the same applies to the Azdgari string apparently. I'll check the Igadzra string.

Were you using a special plug to do these missions without the Miranu mission, kauthor?

------------------

It's been a while since I last played ROTV, but I think that you are able to do the first Miranu mission to open diplomatic negotiations without upsetting any of the ROTV bits. Could be mistaken though.

------------------

Originally posted by firestorm:
**It's been a while since I last played ROTV, but I think that you are able to do the first Miranu mission to open diplomatic negotiations without upsetting any of the ROTV bits. Could be mistaken though.

**I believe you're right. I'm assuming what I did was only restrict the Miranu and Zachit missions because they either A. Disrupted the storyline or more likely, B. They affected bits (specifically, changing systems) that I didn't want affected. This was in planning (thank God for some foresight on my part, for once) for RotV II in which the Miranu play a fairly heavy role... in getting their arses kicked, anyway.

By having the player not affiliate with them in the slightest, it made compatability across pilots much simpler, and hence less player-specific bugs. The strands should be free and clear to play though.

_bomb

Oh, I thought that RotV was coded so that certain bits (like whatever the Diplomacy mission sets) had to not be there to get some of the missions. I see. Thanks.

------------------

Originally posted by Xizzix:
**Oh, I thought that RotV was coded so that certain bits (like whatever the Diplomacy mission sets) had to not be there to get some of the missions. I see. Thanks.

**I would have liked to have coded it that way... but EVO's bit system is much more restricting (as in more simple) than EVN's, so the only requirement I could make was the most logical one: for the first mission of RotV I you had to complete the last Voinian mission from the stock scenario.

_bomb

------------------

WHERE IS ANNA BALASHOVA IN ROTV? I'V LOOKED EVERY WHERE BUT I CANT FIND HER!!