Traps and other nasty things.

In this topic I want to gather various trap ideas and other things that makes Ferazel hard to play.

One of my first traps I used in the level Frozen mines in Knight of NI´s world.
Two scythes hands next to each other.
"Easy to pass them, just to wait in the middle of them and walk past one of them at a time" you would say.
Too bad that the floor between them cracks open to reveal a pool of cold water.

Another trap is to place a minecart at the top of a hill where the player cannot see what is below.
Then place something like lava below.

------------------
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let´s not bicker and argue about who killed who."

Here's one. Link a teleporter to scenery in the middle of an enclosed room (or tons of other mean things, acid, empty space, etc.) Or put a death powerup in a chest.

------------------
He was a lame duck. Not the metaphoical lame duck, but a real lame duck. One that had stepped on a land mine.
www.bushoncrack.com

Put a death powerup in a chest? How silly is that? If you're going to be super evil be super evil the right way, one of my levels has 50 death powerups in a chest. You just aren't evil enough. 😉

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

In Extemperaneous I had fun with enclosed spaces filled with water without any hope of escape. The next update will have a lot of fun traps. Change the code of a floor piece (that you don't use) to that of nothing. Then make a path of Xichrons over the hole 🙂 Also, make sure you are careful with the randomized tiles command. Then there's the old pillar-opened-by-the-button-in-front-of-it-that-closes-after-the-person-enters trap. : :passes out with exhaustion::

------------------
Apu: Well, if the police won't help us, we'll simply have to take the law into our own hands.
Wiggum: Yeah, yeah! A lot of people are doing that these days.

(quote)Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**Put a death powerup in a chest? How silly is that? If you're going to be super evil be super evil the right way, one of my levels has 50 death powerups in a chest. You just aren't evil enough.:)

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

You can´t beat mine:
Create a passage with masked foreground and put a death powerup inside the passage.
An unexperienced Ferazel player won´t understand anything when he suddently dies!

------------------
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let´s not bicker and argue about who killed who."

Don't mind me...I'm just making notes as to whose levels NOT to play...

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I'd prefer not wasting my time on a game that will be impossible for me to play through. 🙂

---Zelda

------------------
All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows--Merciless

Originally posted by Zelda:
**Don't mind me...I'm just making notes as to whose levels NOT to play...

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I'd prefer not wasting my time on a game that will be impossible for me to play through. 🙂

---Zelda

Ditto

------------------

Ahaha! Trying to get me to reveal the death traps for my later levels are you?!?!?!? Well it won't work! Ahaha!

------------------
"If skunks didnt smell so bad, they'd be extinct"- Me.
"I have lots of dollers but no cents"- My sis years ago. (Spell it as sence not cents.)

I won't reveal my cruel plans.
Other people may steal them.

Zelda and MonsterLady: Don't worry, I won't make my normal levels too mean.
However, one of the realms in OBW will be very hard.

------------------
“You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.” -- George W. Bush