Strange RotV/Needle Bug

I found a strange bug with needle missiles that only happens with the RotV plugin in. This may only apply to the "Reign II-Magma v.1.1" plugin, and not the non-magma versions; I haven't played those.

The problems are:
You cannot buy or sell needle missiles. Any buying or selling you try will be undone when you leave the outfitters screen and it will revert to the number of needle missiles you had when you entered that screen.

However many needle missiles you have, that number of a blank outfit is added at the end of the "Extras" list. Example: it will say "and 250 ." if you have 250 needle missiles. Since you can't sell them, I tried to fire them and rebuy them. I tried firing one, and then checked my extras. I had 249 needle missiles, and at the end of the list, it had changed to 249 of the blank outfit. That number changes with the number of needle missiles. When I had fired them all, I couldn't buy more, due to the bug above.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, as a side question, is the Strong Jammer (for Hunter missiles) supposed to take away one jump of fuel storage?

EDIT: Another RotV bug: Telnan seems to be a UE planet even when the system is under Voinian control. You can still get the UE missions in the bar and computer there.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Xizzix (edited 07-09-2004).)

Originally posted by Xizzix:
**I found a strange bug with needle missiles that only happens with the RotV plugin in. This may only apply to the "Reign II-Magma v.1.1" plugin, and not the non-magma versions; I haven't played those.

The problems are:
You cannot buy or sell needle missiles. Any buying or selling you try will be undone when you leave the outfitters screen and it will revert to the number of needle missiles you had when you entered that screen.

EDIT: Another RotV bug: Telnan seems to be a UE planet even when the system is under Voinian control. You can still get the UE missions in the bar and computer there.

**Interesting. I'm on my way out now, but when I get a chance sometime tomorrow, I'll take a look. It's been about 4 years since I wrote the plug-in, so I can't recall to save my life what I might have been doing altering the needle missiles... It must be something though. Either that, or its your copy.

_bomb

------------------