Nice way to get XP if you can't kill sea giants...

I just found a handy way to get XP since my conjurer is not nearly powerful enough to go after sea giants. The only two things you need are the heldan's hat and the complete Milla'Kara shield. Go into the cave north of Fantrima that has molespiders and mindhunters. Kill everything in the cave repeatedly. The mindhunters are really what you're after. With the shield and the hat, I killed all of mindhunters quickly and without taking a single hit. Each mindhunter will give you 650 XP. Anyone have any else XP tactics (apart from giants of course)?

Usually, I just go for the minotaurs. The caves under high Garendall are full of them. They give 1500 xp each and are A LOT easier to kill than the sea giants. Of course, that depends on your character type, I guess. I'm still playing with a swordsman because I don't have Trinity. Ah, well...

------------------
The art of flying is to
throw yourself at the
ground and miss. ~
Douglas Adams

for plenty of fodder XP, go for mages, any kind of mage, there all pansies and give 300+ XP

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'

I have a killer way to enhance my tactic (original post). Kill everything, then go to the pplatform where you find the bow of destruction. Save, then load. All the mindhunters will be back in place. This eliminates the molespiders, which take more time, deal damage, and don't give much XP. If you can, use sea shell powder when killing mindhunters.

I like to go to Reefs Island and hunt Liliths - 1000 XP each, lots of good loot, and easier to kill and more plentiful than Minotaurs. If you want to amass XP and treasure quickly, repeatedly go into their shrine ( the Stonehenge-like structure) and fight the squad of Liliths that rush to defend it. You have to leave the square after each battle to 'reset' the monsters, of course.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

i just go to the cave that you get the Elven Full Plate from. craploads of revenants, plus a death knight. when its all cleared out, leave (or save) and come back in (or load) 250 XP for revenants, 2500 XP for the Death Knight

I mainly only go to reef island for money (i get about 400000 after selling everything at gwyden) but it could work for XP too unless you have as much XP as i do (4,000,000 and like 3 million to the next level or some numbers close to those) if thats the case nothins gona help you much

------------------
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in: we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
-Nathaniel Borrenstein
Please visit my website at (url="http://"http://www.lewiston.k12.id.us/schools/lhs/tech/students/beginnin/Andrew/welcome.html")http://www.lewiston....ew/welcome.html(/url) its got some cool stuff on it.

Originally posted by -esw-dragoon_77:
I mainly only go to reef island for money (i get about 400000 after selling everything at gwyden) but it could work for XP too unless you have as much XP as i do (4,000,000 and like 3 million to the next level or some numbers close to those) if thats the case nothins gona help you much
(/B)

Hmm. Reef Island sounds interesting! Where is it, and how do I get there?

Thanks 🙂

------------------

Reef Island is the island on the southwest portion of the kingdom map. This area
is inaccessible until after you complete tome of elixirs quest and are sent to get
some magical herbs. You need access to level 3 of the learning tree and need to look
up magical herbs and reef island. You can then find someone with a ship, who will
send you on a small side quest and upon completion will take you to reef island upon
request.

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

Note To Rita-Ranger: Your new right?
And Also to ESW-Dragon: What cave do you mean? I've found two caves around the northern territories. One, which I think your talking about is around where you capture that annoying "Dark Fairie". It's above it if you follow the mountains and you have to have found it if you got the Dwarven Runic sword. The other is the crypt that you need the key for. If you follow the two secret passages there's a few revenants And Death knights in there.

Originally posted by -esw-dragoon_77:
**i just go to the cave that you get the Elven Full Plate from. craploads of revenants, plus a death knight. when its all cleared out, leave (or save) and come back in (or load) 250 XP for revenants, 2500 XP for the Death Knight

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned the Medusa cave. The cave is one East and one North from the South Coast tunnel. There are 9 Medusa-like characters in that cave (I don't know what the monsters' actual names are), and they each give hundreds of XP. Also, they each give up to about 80 gold and leave LOADS of cool stuff. With luck of 50, they leave about 6 times the value of the gold they leave in armour and weapons.

The reason why they're cool, though, is that they're so easy to kill. They are far easier to kill than the Minatours and about as easy to kill as those mind guys in the cave just near Fantrima, and they leave much more stuff than either.

Oh, and ESW-Dragon, if you're trying to build up another 3,000,000 XP, it means you're so far in the game that you should be leaving all of them alone and going after the Sea Giants!

Spiffo.

------------------