The Albatross

Shade looks at the collapsed bargoer in suprise. Very odd indeed. Should I bother drinking of him? No, one is enough. Two, actually, if one counts the Hobbit, although that is not the right form. Besides, one bargoer annoyed at me is enough right now.
Shade lifts DZ's recumbent form, staggering a little under the weight, and deposits him on a sofa.
"Bartender, have you a rug?"
The bartender looks puzzled, but supplies a rather old, but clean, woolen rug, which Shade drapes over the sleeping human.
Fate alone knows why I'm being so nice to him. He's doesn't even look particularly good to drink of.

------------------
"As you are now, I once was.
As I am now, so shall you be.
So come, prepare to follow me."
- Unknown Epitaph

Out of sheer boredom and perhaps also because being sick has made her go insane enough to do this, Rima decides to join the bar. The Miranu-Zidagar mix docks her Zidara, sighing as she steps onto the station. "Gee, it's been a very long time since I did this. Perhaps my counterpart in the alternate dimension shouldn't post me until she's not sick. Ah well, I'm already walking to the bar. Too late I suppose." She turns the corner, looking curiously into the bar. "An acid pit. That's something new. Usually we just shot each other with lasers for awhile and got drunk. Amazing, no shooting fights? She shrugs and goes through her memory, trying to remember a good drink.

"Excuse me, can whoever the bartender is give me a Zar'sf? I don't exactly remember where that drink came from, but it's Zidagar. If not that, then a Zidagar Flameout. I'm digging up old memories."

Rima looks around and shrugs, seeing no familiar faces from her bar days. Of course, when she first joined bars, she typed really bad and is sort of glad no one is around to remember that.

------------------
There were once two planets. Then humans destroyed the second. Then there was one.

(This message has been edited by Rima (edited 06-15-2003).)

Zurg, finishes his drink and places a couple coins on the bar for the bartender. Walking over to the couch where DZ sleeps he takes a lighter from his cloak and sets a flame dancing up the corner of the rug. Glancing around he sneaks away and sits down at a back table to watch the impending spectacle.

------------------
" Life is full of surprises, but never when you need one. "

• Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat

(This message has been edited by Zurg (edited 06-15-2003).)

DZ wakes up to the smell of burning rug. He feels heat on his feet, and starts thrashing wildly. Soon, he is free of the burning rug, and a bit singed but otherwise fine.

"Okay, who was it?" he asks. When no one answers, he pulls a hand grenade out of his pocket, yanks the pin, and drops it on the floor.

"Seven... Six..." He begins to count down...

------------------
Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy... and then he dies.

Zurg silently unholsters his pistol and pulls it from his cloak, taking aim at the grenade. Gently squeezing the trigger a red beam, jumps from the pistol, dissentigrating it into a pile of ash. Still hidden in the shadows of the back table he says in a raised, stern voice, "Don't pull a stunt like that again, we dont want the whole bar to die." Zurg tosses DZ a coin saying, "Go buy your self an intelligence upgrade. I mean who would save themselves from getting burnt only to blow themselves up with a grenade two seconds later?" Leaving DZ to register that thought in his mind, Zurg rises from the shadows and returns to the bar.

------------------

Shade glares at Zurg. "Look, Voinian, ((Zurg is a Voinian, right?)) I don't appreciate you shooting my friends." DZ appears to be my friend now, at least. "However, in the interests of interspecies harmony, I will restrain myself from shooting you at this point in time."
Shade notes the arrival of Rima with some suprise. I haven't seen Rima for ... what is it? An Earth year or so? A long time ago, in mortal timeframes.
"Hey! Rima! Over here!" Shade yells. "Come on, you can't say you don't remember me?"

------------------
- Unknown Epitaph

Frodo builds a laser tag room on top of the bar.

------------------
One ring to rule them all, One ring
to find them, One ring to bring
them all and in the darkness bind
them

Zurg glances over at Shade and answers, "I didn't shoot DZ, i only melted the grenade so i see no reason why you should be hostile towards me. Secondly, i am not a vonian." As he said this Zurg lifted the hood from his head and let it fall to his shoulders. Zurg's face was definately not Vonian, his gray eyes, silver-blonde hair, and slightly aged face all fell in the human category. Standing up, Zurg looks around for someone willing to fight him in the laser tag arena.

------------------

"Ha! Laser tag is LAME!" DZ comments. Then he adds a speedball, airball, and woodball field. He runs out to his ship, and comes back with two black powerfeed Mags.

"Who wants to take me on in speedball?" He asks, dumping paintballs into the hoppers. "Me vs. all..." He adds as he fills up his 4x harness. He heads off to the speedball field.

------------------

(This message has been edited by double_zero (edited 06-16-2003).)

people watching the sky outside the bar see two Idagari blow up simataneously and from the wrechage comes a single battle-scared arada, which lands just outside the bar, out walks PapaNachos, a tall human who is only serious when in a fight/talking about fights, otherwise he is either hyper/bored/tired

walks into the bar

"bartender, a pepsi, by the way, nice bar"

P.S. I haven't read any of the pages other than the 1st, I will write it in my post when i have read them all

P.P.S. also today my brain is messed up today so letters ad words might be switched/double/missing

------------------
i am the master of all nachos 😄

Cade enters the bar again after long time. He throws papanachos in the acid pit for misspelling Igadzra.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

SMACK-SMACK! two paintballs smack the wall next to Zurg's head, spattering him with blood-red paint. "Tell you what, Zurg, you with those gay little laser-tag guns against me with only one Mag and 200 rounds. One hit scores, loser buys drinks."

EDIT: Bloody italic didn't flippin' work...

------------------

(This message has been edited by double_zero (edited 06-16-2003).)

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**Cade enters the bar again after long time. He throws papanachos in the acid pit for misspelling Igadzra.

------------------
i am the master of all nachos 😄

Rima heard a familiar voice calling her. Her head turned, slightly puzzled as she tried to put a name to the face. Then she grinned, shifting through her memories. Her boot heels clicked on the floor as she walked towards Shade.
"Hello Shade. Took me a minute, but I remember you. I wouldn't forget someone like you."
She stops leaning against a table. She glances at the acid pit that everyone seems to delight in swimming in.
"Beautiful swimming pool. Seems sort of unhealthy. So, what have you been up to Shade? Any good bar fights happen before I entered?"

She glanced up, one of her drinks being delivered. She let it sit, she could drink it when it was needed. The Zidagar Flameout delievered quite a punch, and really she only drank it when a real fight was nearby.

------------------
There were once two planets. Then humans destroyed the second. Then there was one.

Cresent watched the other bargoers with a look of faint amusement on her face. She still sips her Vanilla Coke despite Shade's warnings about rotting her teeth. With a wave to Cade, Cresent gazes around the bar and tries to decide which of the male patrons is the best looking.

------------------
To err is human.
To err and blame it on someone else, is even more human.

DZ decides that no one is going to play paintball with him. He carries his hats and paintguns back to his ship, and disappears inside for a few minutes. When he emerges, the tux is gone, replaced by baggy dickies, ancient Emerica skate shoes that are probably worth a couple hundred thousand creds, a black t-shirt and two small phase pistols in shoulder holsters, covered by a ragged black zip-up hoodie emblazoned with "skateboarding is not a crime". He walks over and grabs another Livewire from the bar. He sneaks off into a dark corner starts to watch everyone.

------------------

Shade watches DZ garb himself in antique clothing and sneak off. "Uck! The Human has no dress sense!"
Rima frowns. "Last time I saw you, you were Human. Are you not now? You still look Human."
Shade laughs. "Not any more. I met someone beyond the Proxima nebula who cured that fatal genetic illness for me."
This seems to only confuse Rima further. "You were ill?"
Shade's grin widens. "Mortality is an illness. Didn't you know that? But you mentioned bar fights. As it so happens, yes, I went swimming in the acid pit. That's why there are all these $#@! holes in my coat - some stupid Hobbit pushed me in. As a matter of fact, he's still in there. Too short to get out."

------------------
- Unknown Epitaph

Rima shook her head, amused by the story, and not bothering to doubt it. Stranger things than immortality had happened in bars, and stranger things than hobbits. She squinted down into the acid pit, shaking her hea din puzzlement.
"Aren't Hobbits supposed to be in a dimension? This is science fiction, when did fantasy mix in here? Ah well, Bar goers are all a little strange, so I suppose a hobbits isn't out of the ordinary. Talking of out of the ordinary, I recently visited some of the Human planets that you used to call home. They have these strange furry animals called cats. Would you believe I can sell a kitten for thousands of credits on Zidagar? Sometimes I have to wonder about the Strands."
Of course, the Miranu would have payed millions for them, but they wanted them for food. Then something Shade had said connected. "Past a nebula? Past? Darn, I knew there would be something good back there if anyone reached it."

------------------

"Pardon?" Shade says politely. "I had a cat once, you know. That was some time ago. But what do you mean, "you knew there would be something good back there if anyone reached it?" Don't tell me you were down exploring Proxima too?"

------------------
- Unknown Epitaph

"There's nothing beyond Proxima," DZ mutters in his corner, "except space..."
"Cat tastes really nasty, by the way. Sort of stringy. And who told you I was human?"

------------------