The Albatross

<After what I just did I can assure you of that>

------------------
A life??? Ooo thats a new plug-in right?
"Borb II of V.S.S Hellfire."

Shek Sunrunner perceives the violence through the fringes of his battle meditation trance. Realizing there is a small probability for his own death, he emerges from the trance and snatches his Ell'achi glaive from its sheath on his back. Bringing it to a guarding position, he turns to face Borb II.

"What justification did you have in ending that penguin's life?"

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
—J. R. R. Tolkien

"Gentlemen! He was dead already. In any case, I'll pay for no more deaths today. Kill who you please." D slides his hand under the bar and finds a big red button. He readies to unleash the hordes of bouncing William Shatner heads in self-defense.

------------------
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."

Shek nodded, satisfied. "If he was already dead, then Borb had justification to kill him once more. Let there be no ill will between us," he apologized to the Voinian, sheathing the glaive.

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
—J. R. R. Tolkien

When Zurg had spotted the Vonian raising his neutron rifle his hand quickly darted inside his cloak to grasp the silver assasin's pistol that had got him out of so many dangerous situations before. He remained seated, shadowed by his cloak, tensed but calm until the danger was gone. Zurg removed his hand from his cloak and placed his gun on the table, just in case that Vonian acted up again.

------------------
Life is full of surprises, but never when you need one.

• Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat

The Sarpi War Academy trained its graduates well, and Shek was an elite even among the Ell'achi. He observed Zurg's actions, judging from the muscle shiftings that the human held a sidearm of some sort within his vestments. The swordmaster gave his newfound companion an approving look. One could never be too safe, nor too careful, in these days of changing patterns.

------------------
—J. R. R. Tolkien

Suddenly pp walked through the door... But how?... "Long story, let's just call it a miracle," pp says before walking over to D to disscuss their past arguments. A moment later pp and D announce that a truce has been made between the two of them. After some more discussion D reluctantly hires pp as bartender and rulemaster.
pp looks around to see what's new with the bar... and sees two acid pits. What in the heck? Why did Dragoon install a second? Oh well. pp gets a coke from the fridge and watches the rest of the action in the bar. (Feel free to fire me D, if you want)

Edit: A second later pp can be seen, slowly beggining to doze off, when he is rudely awoken by... the clone of himself... What the hell?

------------------
"I love deadlines, I love the 'whooshing' sound they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.

(This message has been edited by phantompenguin (edited 01-17-2003).)

Zurg turned his head slowly and watched pp enter the bar. HIs hand jumped for his gun, but on second thought he didnt need to kill pp just because he didnt like him. Relaxing, Zurg turned back to Solel. "Telll me about where you come from and your people." Zurg ordered a saalian brandy to drink while he listened.

------------------

Solel nodded. "My people name our land Durach. It is a land divided into several unique provinces, each the domain of a separate god. I am of the province of Ellif, the warrior province. We revere Sorul, Lord of Warfare. Ellif is no extraordinary place geographically. It is a simple plain split by the spines of several mountain ranges, with the two main war academies bridged across the Gulf of Ellif. The inhabitants of Ellif, the Ell'achi branch of the Dur'achi people, train for half their lives at the academies. Some of us, like myself, are freeswords, highly skilled mercenaries searching for employment. Others teach at the War Academies or enlist in its vast armies to form the Hordes of Sorul, our military force. The other peoples of Durach are too numerous for me to recount right now, but I assure you they are no less interesting than the Ell'achi swordmasters." He finished speaking to take a long draught of his drink, pleased to find it did not knock him out. Apparently he had developed a tolerance of it.

------------------
—J. R. R. Tolkien

Borb watches as Solel sits down, and starts talking to Zurg. Borb start to probe Solel telepathically, but instantly backs off, realizing what a powerful telepath
he is.

Borb looks up with disgust on his face as pp walks in.

"Big D, are you sure you don't want no more killing done for you?"

------------------

(This message has been edited by Borb II (edited 01-17-2003).)

pp wonders why in the hell everyone is giving him that evil look. (Seriously, why is everyone so pissed off at me) pp shrugs and goes back to his drink.

------------------
"I love deadlines, I love the 'whooshing' sound they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.

"hmmm.... well, the killing IS good. heh, why not kill me and then yourself? and oh yeah, if that penguin touches my bar, him too. but otherwise, we really should be more sensitive to the needs of animals. of course you can make the rules, birdboy." D steps away and wonders about that ping-pong game. Hmmmm......

------------------
Just turn around and walk away.

Satisfied, pp buys everyone drinks until everyone in the bar is drunk.

------------------

"Your right." Borb says to Big D. Then offers to give pp a ride in his cruiser.

------------------

Falling victim of his own suggestoin, D is mercilessly slain at the hands of Borb. Noting the death of their lord and master, the William Shatner heads bound out of who-knows-where and slaughter countless innocent bystanders before taking their own live, commiting ritualistic suicide by poor singing. The remnants of the Shatner heads are strewn across the floor. But wait! Like liquid metal, entrail builds upon entrail, until a new, FULL William Shatner emerges. The plot thickens as Shatner takes his rightful place.... behind the microphone. (Cue eerie music, a la some scare movie or another.)

------------------
"Never give yourself a haircut after three margaritas."

Borb armor cackles to life, as the "William Shatner heads bound out of who-knows-where," saving his life. Borb walks over to D body, and kicks him in the
gut, saying.
"You stupid, I never touched you! You killed people, my honor demands I avenge them."
Borb then leaves the bar.

------------------
A life, ohhhh, that a new plug-in right?

Zurg glanced up to see hundreds of William Shatner heads charging at him. Swiftly leaping up he opened fire with his blaze pistol. In no time 20 heads lay dead at his feet. Once the chaos had cleared Zurg called a maintinance crew to clean up the mess then sat down again as though nothing unusual had happened. With quick, skillful hands he dismantled his gun and cleaned it to keep it in peak condition.

------------------

Shatner calls for the regeneration of D. Wondering how he killed himself at the hands of someone else by his own order, D steps out of the regenerator in need of a drink. "Barkeep! I... oh wait, that's me." Sliding back behind the bar, D notices the whole of William Shatner on stage, and decides that the army of bouncing Shatner heads wasn't such a good idea. "Sorry y'all. Here, anothr round on the bar! Seconds for whoever kills that damn Shatner!"

------------------

Upon hearing the offer made by D Zurg quickly disposed of Shatner and returned to his seat . He then ordered two rounds of Saalian Brandy and began recleaning his gun.

------------------

"Your wish is my command sir. Props on the quote, too. Calvin and Hobbes or Garfield though? Damn my memory. Oh, and thanks again."

P.S. am i insane or was there supposed to be some ping-pong?

------------------