Rigid plugs...

I don't understand why all plugs that are made stick on rigid game lines. Why not make a plug where the United Earth government does something to piss off the Zidagar, and they begin a war, with the Miranu unsure of what to do with their two allies. Anything could be done, and I wouldn't mind trying, it's just that I've got way too much on my plate already.

Any comments on the idea?

--gav

------------------
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum10/HTML/005883.html#")Anglo-American Dictionary(/url), a well of priceless information!

The UE doesn't piss anybody off. They have an alliance with the Emalgha and Hinwar, a trade agreement with the Miranu, they gave Huron independence (although there were some hiccups there), and they even tried to make peace with the Voinians, but those villians wouldn't have it.

------------------

It doesn't HAVE to be UE against anyone, but mix and match. Why have the Miranu never had a war with anyone? Peaceful civilizations don't always get an easy time of it... indians, tibetians... just because the Miranu only want peace, doesn't mean that the Igadzra or Voinians wouldn't be tempted by its lush and productive planets.

--gav

------------------
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum10/HTML/005883.html#")Anglo-American Dictionary(/url), a well of priceless information!

Originally posted by pistgavin:
**Why have the Miranu never had a war with anyone?

--gav

Because UE technology sucks compared to Miranu ones. Period. Because Miranu offer profitable trading. The Himgro-Munb run is probably the best after Hatuli run. I could also twist this question to be: why do the Voinians want war with everyone? In the Nebula Exploration missions its told Voinians deny trade agreements with Miranu that are absolute no threat. They remain rigidly xenophobic in this respect is the exact wording.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

The thing is, Voinians are xenophobic... paranoid, hostile. They want war with others, that's easy: attack others.

What I don't get is why the Miranu have been able to resist having a war with anyone (renegades don't count) in a hostile, expansionist and fast moving galaxy, next to three war-like, advanced races who haven't stopped fighting for thousands of years. Doesn't it strike you as a bit odd, if you really look at it? The Miranu military isn't all that... one protective station, commanded by a mercenary force, in a corner of space. No frontiers, no heavy battleships... even the gunship couldn't stand up to a Zidara or Igazra.

Hmm... I think that ROTV II had a mission where you invade Mirava, but I wouldn't call it a war exactly...

I will think about the possibility of a Miranu conflict when I have completed my other projects.

--gav

------------------

**The thing is, Voinians are xenophobic... paranoid, hostile. They want war with others, that's easy: attack others.

What I don't get is why the Miranu have been able to resist having a war with anyone (renegades don't count) in a hostile, expansionist and fast moving galaxy, next to three war-like, advanced races who haven't stopped fighting for thousands of years. Doesn't it strike you as a bit odd, if you really look at it?
Hmm... I think that ROTV II had a mission where you invade Mirava, but I wouldn't call it a war exactly...
I will think about the possibility of a Miranu conflict when I have completed my other projects.

--gav

It may not make sense, but I guess Peter Cartwright designed Miranu to be peaceful because you can get good Crescent tech instead of crap UE. Oh how I wish to know if the E-Mail adress is stil valid and write to him for a official explanation. Yes, I remember it. And it stops as a failure, have I read from a old thread. The Zachit are too strong, too unified to be won. Thats why ROTVII is made by Captain Carnatour. You will? Well, if you dont get them at war with one of the existing governments (except UE), good luck creating aliens...

------------------

ROTVIII!

------------------

Originally posted by kauthor:
**ROTVIII!

Thats supposed to mean you are excited? One-word posts are rather terse...

------------------

It is ROTV Three, not Two.

------------------
By the way, do you think you can get AIM so we can discuss our "Project"?

(This message has been edited by kauthor (edited 04-19-2003).)

**It is ROTV Three, not Two.

It was a typo. You knew what I mean.

------------------

**I don't understand why all plugs that are made stick on rigid game lines. Why not make a plug where the United Earth government does something to piss off the Zidagar, and they begin a war, with the Miranu unsure of what to do with their two allies. Anything could be done, and I wouldn't mind trying, it's just that I've got way too much on my plate already.

Any comments on the idea?

--gav

It's probably because most people here adhere to the rigid system of governing we as a modern world have.. Random attacks to piss people off and to begin wars generally don't happen too often anymore, and thusly, they don't often occur in our games, either.

_bomb

------------------
I think that you don't see many love stories in EV simply because the engine isn't quite geared towards that. What are you going to do, keep meeting your significant other in a bar (or, with Nova, the Outfitter, Shipyard, or Trade Center) and have questions like "Will you go out on a date with me?" | Yes/No | "Great, pick me up on <DST> in a month and we'll have dinner."?
-EVula

My memory is a bit spotty, but I know there is more than just one mission. Several, in fact. Something to do with Purists, (Miranu rebels) as well. Not a full fledged war only because the Miranu have no navy of their own, and they end up leaning heavily on the Zachit, who the Voinians fight for most of the plug-in..

_bomb

------------------
I think that you don't see many love stories in EV simply because the engine isn't quite geared towards that. What are you going to do, keep meeting your significant other in a bar (or, with Nova, the Outfitter, Shipyard, or Trade Center) and have questions like "Will you go out on a date with me?" | Yes/No | "Great, pick me up on <DST> in a month and we'll have dinner."?
-EVula

**It is ROTV Three, not Two.

Yeah, I'm %74 sure Carnotaur didn't write ROTV II.

_bomb

------------------
-EVula

Originally posted by Bomb:
**Yeah, I'm %74 sure Carnotaur didn't write ROTV II.

_bomb

Dont you mean atleast 99% sure? 😉 As I said, it was just a typo.

------------------

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**Dont you mean atleast 99% sure?;)

Watches as joke goes right over Cade's head.

😛

_bomb

------------------
-EVula

**Watches as joke goes right over Cade's head.

😛

_bomb

I didnt get it, because there is no joke in saying a random number. A percent under three fourths... there is nothing funny in that.

------------------

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**I didnt get it, because there is no joke in saying a random number. A percent under three fourths... there is nothing funny in that.

Sigh...

_bomb

------------------
-EVula

**Sigh...

_bomb

Were you offended? Sorry. I just didnt understand what the joke was.

------------------

**My memory is a bit spotty, but I know there is more than just one mission. Several, in fact. Something to do with Purists, (Miranu rebels) as well. Not a full fledged war only because the Miranu have no navy of their own, and they end up leaning heavily on the Zachit, who the Voinians fight for most of the plug-in..

_bomb

I never meant to say that there was 'only' one mission, I just meant only one story involving it.

Plus, who needs a valid reason for war? The Igadzra might capture a UE destroyer, and kill a Zidagar leader with it. This would start a war and allow the Igadzra to gain power, but the player wouldn't know that until the end... mwuhaha...

--gav

------------------

Plus, who needs a valid reason for war? The Igadzra might capture a UE destroyer, and kill a Zidagar leader with it. This would start a war and allow the Igadzra to gain power, but the player wouldn't know that until the end... mwuhaha...

--gav

Probably that works for a game, but not in reality. Havent you thought of the massive outcry before the Iraq war began?

------------------