Emalgha vs. Voinian question...

Okay, after doing a couple hours searching, nobody seems to know, so...

I've done the Voinian missions; enough to get access to all their goodies (Bronev, goodie goodie!), and then figured they've had their shot...
But now that Kelmaon is depopulated, the "Team up with UE/ Liberate Ekiup" mission doesn't want to show up at Gurado. (Been there 50 times or so...)

If you do one string, does it disable the other one?

Did some mission bit set to prevent completing the Emalgha missions, and if so, which one?

Wanna know...

"...won't the Voinians get mad at us, Cap'n?"
"...lesse, they shoot at us in neutral systems, they won't serve us drinks...If they did, how could we tell?"

------------------
Jinx Schultz, Cpt. DMS Gretchen (Dat's My Ship)

Yes. If you do the Voinian missions first, you will not be able to do the late Emalgha string from attacking Ekiup Station onwards.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**Yes. If you do the Voinian missions first, you will not be able to do the late Emalgha string from attacking Ekiup Station onwards.

Or indeed, any other UE related mission. (although for some reason even after destroying Earth's chances for survival, they still offer you a shipping job. Not the smartes cookies are they?)

--gav

------------------
It's one thing to love somethin, but if you don't shower it with money then just don't talk to me. -- Paster Richards, GTA Vice City, VCPR

Jinx, if you have destroyed Verrill Prime, then I suggest you download ROTV and ROTV II, and POSSIBILY ROTV III.

------------------

I have completed the Voinian string and the UE Central Objective with the same pilot. They should not cancel each other out. I was using EV 1.0.1 though so this could be the difference. Another could be your pilot rating (Noteworthy, Dangerous, Ultimate...etc). One other thing could be that you skipped a step. Is Guardo one of the three emalgha planets? Also you might need a higher status within the system to get the mission. Anyway hope I have helped some.

------------------
Why are there no maroon ships?

Aye, it's certainly possible to do both the UE and Voinian missions on the same pilot, but I think if you take too many missions past a certain point this becomes impossible. Jubee, I figured you'd know the best way for that to be set up, seeing as you also proved that you can do two of the Strand destabilization strings on the same pilot without Triple Agent.

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
Ā—J. R. R. Tolkien
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")The Search Feature(/url)

Originally posted by Solel:
**Aye, it's certainly possible to do both the UE and Voinian missions on the same pilot, but I think if you take too many missions past a certain point this becomes impossible. Jubee, I figured you'd know the best way for that to be set up, seeing as you also proved that you can do two of the Strand destabilization strings on the same pilot without Triple Agent.

Well, the only problems with playing both the Voinians and UEs consecutively are: A. You need a good record for both to continue their missions, which would be virtually impossible if you had to kill the other's ships to make the other happy. and B. Systems and planets do change at the end of both strings- however minor these changes might be, they could impact availability on the missions for the other. I highly recommend devoting one pilot for each- it's much easier and more fun that way. šŸ™‚

_bomb

------------------
"Life is not to fear... Life is to enjoy." -
TEB
And don't you listen to these nitwits. Nova's a great game and don't let anyone tell ya otherwise. Better or worse than EVO? Who gives an african monkey's nads?
-pistgavin

Yeah, but I'm trying to get One pilot with everything...(see if it can be done). I've done the renegade missions, the voinian till kelmaon (the emalgha mining world) gets killed, the 'kill new alcatraz' missions, the intro zacha mission, the intro 'free huron' mission, and I'm waiting on the rescue anna, kill the rock, explore the nebulas & strand sets...

So how do you finish the UE missions if you can't liberate Hinwar?
And how do you liberate hinwar without the "team with emalgha/liberate ekiup" mission?

...so how many alien races are there, Cap?
...Y'mean, not counting the ones the voinians killed?

------------------

You get the mission at Gurado.

--gav

------------------
It's one thing to love somethin, but if you don't shower it with money then just don't talk to me. -- Paster Richards, GTA Vice City, VCPR

Originally posted by pistgavin:
**You get the mission at Gurado.

--gav

He said he has already been there 50 times.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

Update: tried another pilot & started the "ue/emalgha team" missions (ue ambassador to emalgha) string, Then did the "destroy kelamon & get the goodies" mission...

...once you destroy kelmaon, the rest of the missions at emalgha/gurado don't show up, even if you've started the string already. It lets you complete the one you have running, then doesn't ever give you any more... even on the UE side...

...so how did you complete both the voinian & ue missions if you can't free ekiup?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's like the Emalgha don't have the heart to fight anymore, Cap'n.

The Emalgha associate emotion with a different organ, Mr Arrow.

But saying "they don't have the gall bladder" just isn't the same...

------------------

Originally posted by kauthor:
**Jinx, if you have destroyed Verrill Prime, then I suggest you download ROTV and ROTV II, and POSSIBILY ROTV III.

There's a ROTV III? Hell's bells! Woohoo... Suddenly, life becomes interesting again.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/evodude2001/home.html")Old & Unimproved: Cerberus Station!(/url)

Originally posted by VoinianAmbassador:

**Jinx, if you have destroyed Verrill Prime, then I suggest you download ROTV and ROTV II, and POSSIBILY ROTV III.

There's a ROTV III? Hell's bells! Woohoo... Suddenly, life becomes interesting again.

I could have sworn it was just in beta/alpha stages.

--gav

------------------
~~ SARZ, WZ ~~

No, it is in developmental stages. Trust me. I will MAKE SURE that ROTVIII will go through and not become a vaporware plug.

------------------

**No, it is in developmental stages. Trust me. I will MAKE SURE that ROTVIII will go through and not become a vaporware plug.

If you can't, pass it on to me. I'll finish it.

I don't want to, but I would if you and Bomb abandoned it. The ROTV series needs a closure.

--gav

------------------
~~ SARZ, WZ ~~