BONE TO PICK...

For some reason my EVO game wont let me max out my guns, my C warship can onyl have four weapons, not four guns AND four turrets (as it says) but 4 guns and nowt, or vici verca.

PLS help me out!

:eek:
😕

------------------

ummmmmm EVO only lets you have... ugh... let me put this way

If you can have 2 Cannons, 3 Turrets you can have 3 turrets or 2 cannons and 1 Turret.

You cant have 2 Cannons and 3 turrets..
Thats the way it goes...

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

that was a change in EVO 1.01
in version 1.00 you could have 4 guns and 4 turrets
but in version 1.01, each gun counts as a turret

------------------
CaptainG3
AIM:CaptnG3

CaptainG3 wrote:
**that was a change in EVO 1.01
in version 1.00 you could have 4 guns and 4 turrets
but in version 1.01, each gun counts as a turret

You, sir, are correct. This was a "feature" folks were using to great advantage that bugged Matt Burch so he fixed it in EVO 1.0.1. From the Notes file:

-- Most turrets take up gun slots to prevent multiple gun/turret combos

-- Adjusted ship turret/gun slots to match this

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Okay, I know that people are stronger with guns and turrets, but honestly, how does a gun take up a turret slot. On a spaceship (don't start with me about how its not the 23rd century) the guns go on the nose or wings. The turrets go onthe fuselage. Turrets on the nose of a ship? Guns pointing up? Um..no!

Sorry to Matt, I don't wanna bag him. But still... 🙂

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.

Actually it didn't bug Matt, it bugged me. I didn't like the way (in EV and EVO) people tended to fill up with primary weapons (guns and turrets) and forget secondaries - although I'll readily admit that I did the same thing myself in EV. It used to be a great tactic, since even without Monty Python style flying, you could always outmatch the other ship's firepower.

I don't think this is likely to change - it is not a bug but a feature. As for Maridian's (?) argument about the realities of this - if it comes down to a decision between game balance and playability (and admittedly, my own personal tastes) on the one hand, and realism (and it is, as you said, the 23rd century) on the other, I know which way I always decide.

I think I understand what your problem is with understanding this, you keep saying "how does a gun take up a turret slot", but that's not exactly the case.

A turret takes up a gun slot, not the other way around. A turret is larger and bulkier, therefore taking up the area that a gun could go as well.

And BTW, who says a gun or turret has to go on a nose, wing, top, or bottom. I could stick a turret right up somebody's ••• and I doubt that it makes much difference.

------------------
One cannot walk down an avenue, converse with a friend, enter a building, browse beneath the sandstone arches of old towns without meeting with an instrument of time.

Time is visible in all places.

Clock towers, wristwatches, church bells divide years into months, months into days, days into hours, hours into seconds, each increment of time marching after the other in perfect succession. And beyond any particular clock, a vast scaffold of time, stretching across the universe, lays down the law of time equally for all.

In this world, a second is a second is a second.

Time moves forward with unwavering regularity.

Time is an infinite ruler.

Time is absolute.

forge wrote:
I could stick a turret right up somebody's ••• and I doubt that it makes much difference.

It'd make a difference to the guy with a turret up his ••• 😛

------------------
-Basilisk-

"Fake cheese? What is the world coming to?"

AIM: EVBasilisk

Well, I played EV back in the day when my LC 575 took like 5 minutes to load it (EVO took like 15 when it came out)

This change just seems like a pain.

Please let the dead lay in peace.

Originally posted by Oris Dorch:
**Well, I played EV back in the day when my LC 575 took like 5 minutes to load it (EVO took like 15 when it came out)

This change just seems like a pain.**

What forge said. Please don't resurrect ancient topics. Any more you bring up will be locked.

_bomb

------------------
"I want to tell you about a time I almost died...."