Wave of Destruction - Ch. 16-22

Paul sat and watched the lines of hyperspace flow past and around him. He was relaxing in one of the three meditation lounges on the ship. The battle had been very strenuous on many people, and several who had suffered mind-attacks by the Accara were thinking the kinks out of their minds up here. He closed his eyes, and concentrated as hard as he could on thinking of nothing. Even as he was coming close to a state of total relaxation(thinking himself unconscious), a beeping roused him from his thoughts. He reached over and pressed a button on a nearby console.

"Sir, we are nearing Mirava," came a voice over the comm. He opened his eyes, stood up, and walked toward the nearest liftshaft. He pressed in the sequence for the Hangar Bay, and waited as the liftcar sped along tunnels till it reached its destination. He walked towards his personal ship, and climbed onboard. As always, she was ready to go. He powered her up, and ordered that the Hangar Bay Doors be opened as soon as they exited hyperspace.

Soon he left the hangar and flew towards Mira. The cities were being rebuilt, and the environment cleaned up. Many priceless artifacts had been destroyed in the attack, which angered many people. The purpose of this visit was to put in a good appearance with the public and to assure them of their newfound safety. He arrived at the capitol city of the Alliance, Mira-rava. He piloted his ship towards the landing pads reserved for dignitaries and planetary officials and set down. He walked towards the press conference room, and talked with several scientists and technicians there. They told him everything he needed to know to give this conference. He walked out and stood in front of the podium set up there.

"Greetings citizens of the Miranu Trading Alliance. I am glad to report to you that you are now safer from not only solar radiation, but Accaran attacks as well. Planetary shields have been installed on all planets, and ground batteries can beat off any attackers that come to close. Even greater news is that the war against the Accara has turned. They have been defeated in several battles and have been cut off from their main supply groups by the brave actions of the Poch Mercenaries. Stay safe, and be sure to buy war bonds to support the military."

After he finished his speech, he walked towards his office. When he was there, he tried to open a message to Espilot. He was transfered to a young Zidigar Comm Officer, who told him Espilot was fighting in Meagh against the Accara. Paul thought for a second. The Azdgari would like nothing better than to kill him, but if they managed to be overrun, the Accara could produce many ships with the forced assistance of Azdgari scientists and shiprwrights. Well, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and I shall go help them.

He flew the Argentium Vengeance up to the Harmzuay , and ordered that the fleet make ready for Meagh. As the sixteen produced Factory Ships were readied to join the fleet again, crews got in a few hours rest. Just about the same number of ships were being sent to assist the Azdgari as were sent to assist the Coalition(1 BattleCarrier, 470 MVAG's, 200 CW's, Carried Ships, 16 Factory Ships). The ships would take a little bit of time to get there, but in that time maintenence could be performed on many of the ships systems. They would arrive in<one post>.
------------------------------------------------
Miranu Trading Alliance Tech
CAMS Defense System
ETC:6 Posts
Tiamat
ETC:9 Posts
Morkeleb
ETC:9 Posts
Contracted Production
Factory Ships
Total:16
Per Turn:4
MVAGs
Total:470
Deployed:470
Per Turn:10
Mechs
Total:900
Per Turn:75

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"This yacht is the luxury vessel for the pimp on a budget..."-Considered Plug-in Text
"Doritos:The official currency of fat people."-My friend

Originally posted by ESPilot:
**OOC: Invinci-engines? What the hell do you mean? And how can your Acarra ships fire on my ships when my ships are in hyperspace? Your psi weapons would be useless against my ships anyway.

Sorry, I thought some of your ships were out of hyperspace. And where do you get this idea that my weapons are useless against you? Eh? Where? Not to mention you don't have an unlimited amount of all these missiles, AND that I'm dead sick of your overuse of this whole "appearing inside enemy ships" crud. Be imaginative.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Sorry, I thought some of your ships were out of hyperspace. And where do you get this idea that my weapons are useless against you? Eh? Where? Not to mention you don't have an unlimited amount of all these missiles, AND that I'm dead sick of your overuse of this whole "appearing inside enemy ships" crud. Be imaginative.

Hm? Imaginative? What be that? 😛

Really, you're annoyed by the power of my missiles, when YOU have fast, well-shielded ships with very powerful long-range weapons and insane shield recharge. :rolleyes

And Benden, Espilot is not in the battle at Meagh. Only Serryc is. Espilot is open for parley, at the moment.

------------------
Bleh.
Links? You want links? Fine, fine. Here are your links:
(url="http://"http://pub19.ezboard.com/bultimategamerscommunity")Ultimate Gamers Community(/url)|(url="http://"http://www.roostermac.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi")Webstory Developers Commune(/url)|(url="http://"http://forums.spaceportbar.com/viewtopic.php?t=70&sid;=535bf228038de12759dbe5165cfab0bb")Bionicle Webstory(/url)

Battle of Meagh

It was at that point that another 300 ships, which were from from the Battle of Sol, entered the Meagh system and opened fire on the Azdgari, continuing to pummel away at them, as well as adding to the increasing effectiveness of psionic mind attacks against the Zidagar. The new ships were also equipped with new cloaking devices; though the hyperlinks to Acarra space might have been disabled, that didn't stop the Acarra from transmitting the designs of the cloaking device to the Acarra fleets. As they entered the system, however, only 150 ships were the visible. The rest were cloaked and waiting to surprise anybody who entered the system.

-------------------

Acarra R &D;

Hyperspace Inhibitor - Disables hyperspace in-system only (ships can still hyperspace out, they just can't hyperspace in the actual system) - 7 Posts

Sub-Space Stabilizers - 1 Post

Knight Sub-Space Fighter - 1 Post

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
The Coalition

Because of the foolhardy attacks made by the Coalition government and UE Admiral in particular, causing the deaths of millions of innocent people living on Coalition Pirate worlds, millions more civillians were rioting and protesting all across the Coalition.

UEA makes a public speach." I know you are all angery about my attacks on the pirate and Acarra bases. I asure you that this is totaly nessesary. We can not take the Acarra bases any other way. Their ships are too powerfull. Tell me, would you rather that we all be enslaved or that we kill off our enemys? The Acarra will destroy us all. I am only killing one trillanth that they would. You all have a right to be angery. And im not saying what im doing is ok, but this serves the greater good. This Government will not go corruped as long as i live. Please note that i will not use propaganda to convince you. If you want to talk to the Acarra i will personaly charter you a shuttle to one of their bases. But i will only do this if you are prepared to die, haveing said good bye to your familys. The Acarra will not talk peace. These Acarra want nothing but slave labor much like how the Voinians used to be. However the Acarra will not come around. I ask you to support my actions to help me rid the universe of this barbaric race.
---
(message to Zidagar)
(milky)
I ask you again for the maps to Acarra space.
~UEA
(end)
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Mech Refit :
ETC: 2 posts
-----------------
Mech Construction:
Total: 2325 ETC: 75 per post

Fleet Refit:
ETC: Complete.

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

OOC: I was going to post, but suddenly Im not in the mood anymore... Damn Females..... Carno? IM me....

IC: Azdgari blow up some ships, some azdgari ships blow up, reinforcements come in, Arcangel does good, Blah blah...

I might edit this into an actual post later..... might not...

BTW Shamtul development progresses.

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)

Hey guys. Ahmembah me? I'm here at RED's behest, to tie up some loose ends.

Okay, since I'm lazy, here's the short version:
Pirates all under control of leader Payback. Payback friendly with Adzgari. Payback jumps entire pirate force into current battle, fighting for Adzgari. Tactical error puts large amounts of Payback's fleet straight between warring superpowers. Blah blah blah, most of pirate fleets obliterated when Adzgari just try to shoot through them and Acarra pound from other side. Payback flies off with his damaged flagship, Punishing One and scant few other ships, vowing to hurt the Strands races some other time.

All pirate bases are abandoned, but have fun with all the traps and niceties they left behind. 😉

This is at once my return and farewell post: Red, feel free to moderate current post however you see fit. Have fun, guys.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.clarkson.edu/~curtislg")Biggles Productions(/url)
"Hey Paul, do you like Huey Lewis and the News?"

Suddenly, all ghosts in the Universe go away in a poof of logic. It was because of this that the entire Shado race was destroyed.

------------------
"Oops, I think I killed it..."-Me

Originally posted by grunadulater:
**Suddenly, all ghosts in the Universe go away in a poof of logic. It was because of this that the entire Shado race was destroyed.

OOC: huh?

IC: Renegade Technology is graciously accepted by the Azdgari Govt, and the Renegades fight bravely, helping to turn the tide of the Battle by Attacking fiercely, and kamikaze-ing seconds before their shields fail.

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman

OOC:Ummm...Is this still alive?
-------------------------------------------
When the Miranu fleet entered the Meagh system, they pulled the exact same maneuver that they had pulled earlier. The older ships immediately opened fire on the back of the Accara fleet. The newer MVAG's stayed in hyperspace and popped out right in front of them. They launched masses of torpedoes at the Accaran ships. Many ship captains had seen this maneuver before, and simply waded through it. The Accara took losses, though not as much as they had taken previously. The Miranu ships jumped out of torpedo range before any of the ships were destroyed, and then jumped back towards the rest of the fleet and the Harmzuay. After the most badly damaged ships were taken back onboard the Harmzuay for repair and shield recharge, the fleet moved in to extreme range for torpedoes. The Miranu fleet opened up with Photon Torps, damaging the Accara at long range. When the Accara let loose with barrages of Disruptor torps, the Miranu ships simply dropped shields and went back onboard the Harmzuay to have them reinitialized and recharged. The barrage continued, and when the Accara tried to charge the Miranu forces, they simply would fall back. This would continue until the Accara came up with a better plan(thats your que Carno).

As the battle went on, Paul hailed the lead Zidigar ship. He was surprised to be greeted by a someone other than Espilot. Paul said that they were here to honor the Zidigar-Miranu Alliance by helping them in their endeavors, and to help the Azdgari defend their space. He shut off the transmission and turned his attention back to the battle. THe factory ships were producing suicide fighters at a prodigious rate. A previous problem had been that the replictors could only make singular objects and the objects that were inside it. THis was simply solved by saying there were three suicide fighters in a thin bubble of polymer that had a little string or two reaching in and attached to each fighter. This was only possible to do with fighters, as other ships would be to big. Warhead damage was also reduced, as the programming had a maximum amount of hazardous materials that could be replicated at once(thats why it takes a little bit of time to make a lot of anti-matter for reactors).
-----------------------------------------
Miranu Trading Alliance Tech
CAMS Defense System
ETC:5 Posts
Tiamat
ETC:8 Posts
Morkeleb
ETC:8 Posts
Contracted Production
Factory Ships
Total:20
Per Turn:4
MVAGs
Total:480
Deployed:470
Per Turn:10
Mechs
Total:975
Per Turn:75

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"This yacht is the luxury vessel for the pimp on a budget..."-Considered Plug-in Text
"Doritos:The official currency of fat people."-My friend

Originally posted by -REDCHIGH-:
**OOC: I was going to post, but suddenly Im not in the mood anymore... Damn Females..... Carno? IM me....

IC: Azdgari blow up some ships, some azdgari ships blow up, reinforcements come in, Arcangel does good, Blah blah...**

Amen. On the damn females and the post. Very classy.

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

<me claps>
I know its not my place... but... keep this story going, or finish it.

------------------
"Oops, I think I killed it..."-Me

Story will be finished..

Final post is under construction...

------------------
~Diane Kinsman

OOC: Carno, We're gonna finish this Battle of Azdgari.
Everyone, don't post IC unless you think it'll drastically change the outcome, but I welcome OOC Comments... anyone interested in a sequel? with changes to the Acarra remnants, of course... the Finally is being written, and will be finished after this battle.

The Battle of Azdgari raged on..
Acarra reinforcements were met by even more Azdgari ships pouring in. The Azdgari and Dark Angels were united against a common foe, with the entire Dark Angel armada present.. Including the Arcangel.. the debatedly strongest ship in the Galaxy. The Arcangel itself releases hellish barrages of firepower, suppliments by the entire fleet, lighting up the system as a thousand azdaras make daring strafes on the larger Acarra warships...

Redchigh urged the co-pilot to push the Supercruiser's engines further, hoping to get there faster...
A female copilot announces... Estimated Time to Arrival: 25 minutes

------------------
~Diane Kinsman

OOC: i think this will change the outcome quite a bit.

"Send all new ships to the Azdgari system. our fleets will help greatly."
"yes sir, one fleet will arive every (3 of RED's posts)"
"Send two fleets now. that will give some support as more fleets start pouring in."

(message to Azdgari)
(milky)
i am sending fleets into Azdgari to help with the Acarra they will arive soon.
~UEA
(end)
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Mech Refit :
ETC: 1 posts
-----------------
Mech Construction:
Total: 2400 ETC: 75 per post

------------------

Don't mean to be pickey, but when will the finally be finished?

------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

OOC: yes i think i would be interested in a sequel.

------------------

I talked on IM with Red and Carno about writing a finale. Carno will be traveling til July 12, but I will have time now to write a draft for Red's approval, and then Carno can approve it when he returns. Basically, those two (Red and Carno) have to finish the Adzgari / Acarra battle posts, and I'll pick up like 10 years in the future, on post-apocalyptic Terra. I suppose it could segue into another chapter, but one thing at a time. mj

------------------
If captured, never let them give you to the women-Larry Niven

i dont know about anyone else, but im still waiting on the finale post.

------------------

<yawn> Where on earth did you pull this thing up from?

------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).