Reign of the Voinians II

Okay, I'm at the mission where you're supposed to find an uninhabited planet north or east of UE space for the Voinians to set up a base on. To make it short: Where is that planet? I believe I've looked through all of the uninhabited planets in those area, and haven't been able to find the one I'm supposed to. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

------------------
-- Greg Anderson
-- Member of Green Eye's Storyline Developement Team
-- AIM Screenname: DrowninInReality
-- E-Mail: foodvelocity@mac.com

Originally posted by Wedge Antilles:
**Okay, I'm at the mission where you're supposed to find an uninhabited planet north or east of UE space for the Voinians to set up a base on. To make it short: Where is that planet? I believe I've looked through all of the uninhabited planets in those area, and haven't been able to find the one I'm supposed to. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

well you've goten farther than me so you might help me, WERE THE HELL IS ANNA ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
you might try DSN-8619. (just a guess)

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

Originally posted by U.E. Admiral:
**well you've goten farther than me so you might help me, WERE THE HELL IS ANNA ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
you might try DSN-8619. (just a guess)

South Tip Station. I know, who would've guessed? I believe that that's the same place as the original Anna string takes, <shrug>.

------------------
-- Greg Anderson

I finished the Reign of the Voinians plug, but had a problem when I took it out of the plug-ins folder and replaced it with Reign II - Shades of Evil. The Sol system was under Voinian control at the end of the Reign of the Voinians plug-in storyline, yet it mysteriously reverted to UE control immediately when I entered the game using the Reign II plug. Even Luna was back! What gives?

I used Mission Computer and examined the mission bits only to discover a discrepancy between the two plugs when one invades Sol. Reign of the Voinians sets mission bit 432, but Reign II requires mission bit 453. Please tell me that I do not have to start a new pilot file!

Any suggestions?

Never mind. I went to page two of the board and found a discussion thread initiated by Wedge wherein someone posted an answer:

"This happened to me too

Switch the numbers is what I was told to do. Make part 1 part 2 nd part 2, 1. Hopefully it will work for you"

The discussion ended there and I see that in this thread Wedge is asking about something that occurs latter on in Reign II so I assume that this trick works.

I had a similar problem as Wedge. However, when I cheated and looked at which planet it would be, it turns out it's a planet a few jumps above UE space, but it won't allow you to land! I got frustrated and quit after repeatedly trying to get it to work.

------------------
-Payback37 (url="http://"http://www.clarkson.edu/~curtislg")Biggles Productions(/url)
Treat all the world as the world deserves,
With love or with hate but never with harm,

--an excerpt from The Seafarer , an Anglo-Saxon poem translation

Originally posted by Payback37:
**I had a similar problem as Wedge. However, when I cheated and looked at which planet it would be, it turns out it's a planet a few jumps above UE space, but it won't allow you to land! I got frustrated and quit after repeatedly trying to get it to work.

Problem Solved.
Turns out you need to change Reign I and II back to their original names. I believe it is safe to do this after you defend New Voinia from a massive UE attack. Have fun, 😃
When this is done, you CAN land on the planet a couple of jumps above UE space that the Voinians wish to colonize. Hope this clears stuff up for everyone.

------------------
-- Greg Anderson

<snip> double vision again

(This message has been edited by U.E. Admiral (edited 01-18-2002).)

Originally posted by Wedge Antilles:
**South Tip Station. I know, who would've guessed? I believe that that's the same place as the original Anna string takes, <shrug>.

the origanal was freeport in the Riomor system
thanx for the info.

------------------

Crap. I think I just screwed myself over in the Reign II plug-in. I got to the mission where you're supposed to take over the Miranu planet for the Purists, and I did so and nothing happened. As this had happened before with previous missions, I aborted it and went back to Blaga to get it again. As I had aborted their mission, I was unable to land legally. They wouln't accept bribes and I took out a couple Miranu in nearby systems, as the Purists and Voinians are enemy to the Miranu, and strangely, my legal status dropped lower. With no other choice, I demanded tribute from the planet and defeated their massive defense fleet. Upon landing, and visiting the bar, I was unable to get the mission again. I was thinking that this may have something to do with the mission needing to have a certain legal status to be able to get it. Is my overlord status not sufficient? Anyone with ideas or tips on how to fix this problem, please respond. Also, if someone can give me the general idea on how to hack into plug-ins with ResEdit and modify mission bits to make this mission attainable once more, please also respond. Thanks in advance for any assistance received.

------------------
-- Greg Anderson

(This message has been edited by Wedge Antilles (edited 01-18-2002).)

Open the buggy plug with res-edit, then open the mďsn resource. Scroll down the list until you see the name of the mission you wish to alter. Set the AvailRecord value to zero and the AvailRating to -1. Set AvailRandom to 100 so that the mission is available 100% of the time. Finally, set AvailBitClr to -1 so that previous missions are not required to receive the offer for the desired mission.

I suggest that you make a copy of the plug before you alter it, then place the original back in the plug-ins folder after your pilot makes it past this particular mission problem. If you alter the original plug and use it with a new pilot, you may get offered the mission way too early in the game and I am sure you do not want that.

Originally posted by SexyStripperBoy:
**I finished the Reign of the Voinians plug, but had a problem when I took it out of the plug-ins folder and replaced it with Reign II - Shades of Evil. The Sol system was under Voinian control at the end of the Reign of the Voinians plug-in storyline, yet it mysteriously reverted to UE control immediately when I entered the game using the Reign II plug. Even Luna was back! What gives?

Any suggestions?**

i just ran into the same problem but im new with res-edit and i dont have Mission Computer so could some one help me with this :frown:. i tryed to d-load MC but it wont unstuff. in need of much detailed intructions.

------------------

Originally posted by U.E. Admiral:
i just ran into the same problem but im new with res-edit and i dont have Mission Computer so could some one help me with this :frown:. i tryed to d-load MC but it wont unstuff. in need of much detailed intructions.

Simply put, change the names. Reign I to Reign II, and Reign II to Reign I. This'll fix the problem for now, although if you want the plug to stay accurate, you'll have to change them back after a couple missions on New Voinia.

<edit>
Oh, and where can I download Mission Computer? That gives me an idea on how to rectify the problem I'm having with the plug.
</edit>

Originally posted by SexyStripperBoy:
Open the buggy plug with res-edit, then open the mďsn resource. Scroll down the list until you see the name of the mission you wish to alter. Set the AvailRecord value to zero and the AvailRating to -1. Set AvailRandom to 100 so that the mission is available 100% of the time. Finally, set AvailBitClr to -1 so that previous missions are not required to receive the offer for the desired mission.

I suggest that you make a copy of the plug before you alter it, then place the original back in the plug-ins folder after your pilot makes it past this particular mission problem. If you alter the original plug and use it with a new pilot, you may get offered the mission way too early in the game and I am sure you do not want that.

I did that. Still no go. Damn, does this mean I'll have to start over? I mean, $hit, I'm the farthest I've ever gotten before in Reign II, and I'm going to have to start all over again! Someone please give me a way to fix this problem.

------------------
-- Greg Anderson

(This message has been edited by Wedge Antilles (edited 01-22-2002).)

Well, it seems that I will have to bring back this topic. I read this topic, switched the names back to normal. When I started the game, there was no planet.

------------------

I'm stuck at where after this mission where you go to Knox (I think this is part 2 now), and that dude said "Come back in a few months." I've been flying around for two years now but still nothing. :frown:

------------------