Problem again......

I wanted to play the Voinian Side with an UE Cruiser. I'm using the Sprint Teardown Pilot File. For some reason it still attacks me even if I'm working for them. What's up with that?

------------------

Originally posted by kauthor:
**I wanted to play the Voinian Side with an UE Cruiser. I'm using the Sprint Teardown Pilot File. For some reason it still attacks me even if I'm working for them. What's up with that?

they attack you because you are in a UE ship. there is no way to change that exept the EVOGovtFixer. but if your looking to capture a fleet of Voinian ships using this plug your out of luck.

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

(This message has been edited by U.E. Admiral (edited 08-09-2002).)

(This message has been edited by U.E. Admiral (edited 08-09-2002).)

A sheep can scream; "I'm a wolf, I'm a wolf!" as loud as it wants when the wolves come, but they aren't likely to believe it. It is a fact about Escape Velocity that if you pilot a government ship, enemies of that government will attack you. Ships like the Crescent Warship and Freight-Courier aren't government ships, so your own actions will decide how ships treat you.

If you so wish, I'll make a quick fixer plug-in for this when I'm back at my own house. Note that to avoid any other changes to the game, I'll have to make a UE cruiser seperate in ID to the existing one; so you'll buy an independant UE cruiser, and you'll see the UE use a different one (although both are identical in everything but government.)

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 08-09-2002).)

Thank you very much. I wouldn't mind the plug-in.

------------------

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**If you so wish, I'll make a quick fixer plug-in for this when I'm back at my own house. Note that to avoid any other changes to the game, I'll have to make a UE cruiser seperate in ID to the existing one; so you'll buy an independant UE cruiser, and you'll see the UE use a different one (although both are identical in everything but government.)

Good idea. If you know that much. You have any idea how to get the sprites to work with the ships, if you make a new one?

------------------
On GR/AIM/MAGChat: Onii7
I Did it! I made it past 400!

Thank you, Taylor. I remembered saying I'd make a plug-in, but was away for a few days and couldn't find the topic where I'd said it or what exactly I had said I would do.

Get sprites to work with the ships? That's no problem. My only problems were making the 3D sprites (I used to be pretty good at top-downs in Adobe) and lining them up perfectly (my fighters always worked, but any warships I made were inevitably placed slightly wrong.)

I must be missing something, though, Taylor. I always found it so easy there absolutely must be something I don't realise.

kauthor; if it's still okay with you, I'll try to do it later today (after I've slept for the night.)

------------------
-Esponer

Sure. Not a problem!

------------------