About UE Cruisers

I don't know anything about UE cruisers and thats the point! Nether do I about UE dreadnoughts. Would someone tell me the mission or thing you have to do to create UE cruisers?
For now, my favourite ship is the crescent warship, but that just might change...

------------------
Cooldude

Sorry if i'm asking so many questions, i've registered today and I've got SOOOO many questions.

------------------
Cooldude

I'm tempted to ask you not to make as many topics, but unfortunately they're all legitimate. <grins>

The UE cruiser is developed during the story by Anna Balashova, who designed the UE fighter and the UE carrier. It's superior, perhaps, to the Voinian's cruiser, and is arguably one of the best ships in the game.

The mission is available on New Taranto, but you must have done at least part of the main UE string.

The UE dreadnought only exists in the plug-in ROTUE; it's not in regular EVO.

------------------
-Esponer

Let me go into details of the UE Dreadnaught. The Dreadnaught has a shield rate of 1500, it can hold six destroyers, ten U.E. Fighters, and the armour is i believe 100. In order to get the U.E. Dreadnaught, you would have to work with the U.E. all the way. You will have to do the Emalgha. And do the Kirrim Prime Missions. That's going to be necessary. On the maiden run, youj take the dreadnaught to Freeport. In the later missions of ROTUE, the dreadnaughts will helps in the planetary take-over.

SilverDragon, it only requires an Ultimate Rating and that you're working with the U.E. That's all.

------------------

Thanks, now I got it loaded in my moms computer, but I need to transfer it to mine...
Hey, did you know that now where I am it's 8:00 AM.

------------------
Cooldude

What is the main UE string?

------------------
Cooldude

Forget that question I asked about the main string. It works. Its alive! Nyahahahahaa! I could buy myself a UE cruiser. I have 14M credits and my ship is worth erleven million. (by the way, whats the price?)

------------------
Cooldude

One problem! do you know where she is? I hope not at pareen station cos' I didnt finish building it. How do I finish parreen station!

------------------
Cooldude

Originally posted by Cooldude:
**One problem! do you know where she is? I hope not at pareen station cos' I didnt finish building it. How do I finish parreen station!

Like i said in the other topic.
Anna Bro. does not affect Parreen Station nor does Parreen Station affect her. You find Anna on a diffrent planet, not Parreen Station.

------------------
On GR/AIM/MAGChat: Onii7
Note: Download these fixes for EV Nova to fix these bad bugs!:
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evn&category;=essentials&display;=date&page;=1")Newest essentials for EVN! (Vellos Fix 1.0.1and Auroran Fix 1.0.1)(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evn&category;=plugins&display;=downloads&file;=polaris_fix.sit.hqx")Polaris fix bug(/url)

Originally posted by kauthor:
SilverDragon, it only requires an Ultimate Rating and that you're working with the U.E. That's all.

<fights not to be proved wrong> "working with the UE" = "done at least part of the UE string" Yes?

4 things to do with the UE:
• The main mission string, starting with cargo deliveries, moving on to rescuing the defector, observing/destroying the Voinian dreadnought, meeting the Emalgha, helping them take Romit, talking to a Hinwar on Romit and helping him take back his worlds. At this point, you have completed the main mission string.

• ROTUE plug-in. It continues the main mission string from Outpost Epsilon (just up from Avann.) I can't remember the specifics: you'll know when you've completed ROTUE.

• Meet the Miranu. Simple, land on Mira, and follow the missions they give you concerning the UE. Little thing.

• Rescue Anna Balashova. Starts on New Taranto. You need to go to Freeport (Riomor), east and a bit south of where you got the mission.

Paaren Station missions are part of the main mission string, in the middle of the whole defector scene. To get these missions quickly (they appear randomly on the mission computer), land on the planet of Paaren, check the mission computer, and pick a random mission. Abort it, and look at the mission computer again. Repeat until a Paaren Station delivery mission comes up (aborting refreshes the list.)

------------------
-Esponer

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
** <fights not to be proved wrong> "working with the UE" = "done at least part of the UE string" Yes?

4 things to do with the UE:
? The main mission string, starting with cargo deliveries, moving on to rescuing the defector, observing/destroying the Voinian dreadnought, meeting the Emalgha, helping them take Romit, talking to a Hinwar on Romit and helping him take back his worlds. At this point, you have completed the main mission string.

All of them aren't really the main strings of the central objective at all, the way I see it. Here's the break down, I think its much easier to understand I hope

UE Shipping Recruitment:

This is the first UE mission to ever start with, not only does it give you UE shipping missions, but it also opens up other UE missions as well.

Other UE Missions:

1. Rescue Voinian Defector mission string
2. Rescue Anna Balashova mission string
3. Destroy the Voinian Dreadnaught mission string
4. Testing the Needle Jammer mission string
5. Huron Independence mission string

These 5 missions are available when you get UE shipping missions, among other requirements. They are a series of minor missions that creates an end result, but they are not the main objective, but some can contribute to the Voinian's demise, or the renegade's. Because they are side mission strings, they can be done in any order you want to, or at the sametime if you want. Don't forget however that these minor side mission strings are only done once, and some of them, you either succeed or fail.

UE Strikes Against Voinians Missions:

1. Defend one of the UE's system against Voinian warships
2. Destroy a Voinian fleet
3. Destroy a Voinian convoy

Like the first 5, they are only accessible if you get UE shipping missions, among other requirments. However, the only difference is that they are only available in UE Frontier bases, but are not a series of missions and will not lead to anything else for that matter. They can be repeated all the time.

The main central objective

In my point of view, making the Voinian Empire collapse is not really the UE main mission string, in fact, I don't think the UE has a main mission string. The reason for this is because the 5 UE mission strings have nothing to do with the main objective, sure, it may have some things in common. But still, they are not required to start the main objective. It begins at the homeworld of the Emalgha, and regardless of your status, it is always available, besides combat ratings. Another note, this central objetive involves not just the UE, but also the Emalgha and the Hinwar, but that's it.

When developers create an exansion plug to continue off where the central objective left off, in this case the collapse of the Voinian Empire. They set missions that require you to have done some, but not all of the UE side mission strings though the missions had nothing to do with the central objective. They may also include other mission requirements that do not even involve the UE or the Voinians at all. This is so because they may want to create a situation where it depends upon the success, or failure on one of the UE side mission strings.

Take for example, ROTUE. The UE Dreadnaught was designed mostly by Anna Balashova, and the mission to make this possible depends upon the success of the UE side mission string which was to have rescued her from the renengades. Also it depended upon a mission not totally involved with the central objective, the Kirrin Prime mission.

So you see, if a creator writes a plug based on this central objective, all other missions not involved in this main string are options to be added.

Hopefully, this will make sense to you. If there is a better way of explainin this, then please do so.

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus

(This message has been edited by Coraxus (edited 08-15-2002).)

Originally posted by Coraxus:
All of them aren't really the main strings of the central objective at all, the way I see it. Here's the break down, I think its much easier to understand I hope

Awfully long post there, old chap, but a sad fact remains. I was talking about the main UE string, i.e. just that, the largest UE string of missions. It continues on to Emalgha and Hinwar, but, I don't consider those Emalgha and Hinwarm missions. Why? Because you are acting, during the entire time, as a person working for the UE! It is the UE string.

I did, in fact, never say "central objective", so all that post really goes to waste. It's like I said crimson is a bit like red, and you replied; "No, crimson is not a bit like blue." If you don't think it's the central objective, then fine, but I never said it was anyway.

------------------
-Esponer

**Awfully long post there, old chap, but a sad fact remains. I was talking about the main UE string, i.e. just that, the largest UE string of missions. It continues on to Emalgha and Hinwar, but, I don't consider those Emalgha and Hinwarm missions. Why? Because you are acting, during the entire time, as a person working for the UE! It is the UE string.

I did, in fact, never say "central objective", so all that post really goes to waste. It's like I said crimson is a bit like red, and you replied; "No, crimson is not a bit like blue." If you don't think it's the central objective, then fine, but I never said it was anyway.

You're right, it is a long post. Perhaps because I misquoted you by saying "Central Objective". I was most likely assuming (no assumption jokes plz) that the term "main objective" and "central objective" were the same thing.

And the part that I said "All of them aren't really the main strings of the central objective at all, the way I see it. " Perhaps I should of made it clearer that to say that this was an opinion. And finally, one more thing, I should not have said "All", when I really should of said "some" or "Not all".

As for the arugument in calling it a main UE string, if that is what you are referring to the missions that brings down the Voinian Empire

**I don't consider those Emalgha and Hinwarm missions. Why? Because you are acting, during the entire time, as a person working for the UE! It is the UE string.

Did that mean you think that just because I was working for the UE means that I would be able to start the so-called "Main UE String"? If so, then consider this, I can actually side with the human renegades and do the "Main UE Strings" without doing all other UE missions, including the UE shipping missions. I can do the Miranu missions and the "Main UE Strings". This also goes for the Strand renengades, the Igadzra etc, all without doing any other UE missions.

Now, I can see your point at looking at this as happen to be a very long UE mission string, and that it just happens to be one of Override's main objective. But, do you consider mission strings as UE missions if it requires you to have at least done the UE shipping missions? If so, then know that if you start a new pilot, you can head directly toward Emalgha, visit the spacebar, and voila, the Emalghas are asking you to relay a message to the UE government. As for legal status and combat ratings, that's another story.

Whether people want to call it the the UE Central Objective or not, the point is, you don't have to be loyal to the UE to start this mission.

------------------

Okay, there are two possibilities here. It's late, and I'm not understanding a word you're saying, or you haven't got me yet.

During the Emalgha and Hinwar missions, if you read all the dëscs, you'll notice that you are not considered to be working for the Emalgha, or working for the Hinwar. You are considered, during these missions, to be working for the UE. Every now and then you have to go ask the UE permission to do this and that: you are a representative of the UE in the Emalgha and Hinwar missions, and as such I consider it all to be the same string; the main UE string. I haven't once in this topic referred to this as any kind of (i)"objective."/i)

Now, if you're involved with the UE, and have started a few shipping missions and such, for example, and go to work for the Azdgari, the Azdgari will not treat you as a UE representative. During the Strand strings, you are working for that Strand; you being human at all rarely comes into it, and your contact/allegiance to the UE is never mentioned.

Is my point of view clear yet? I hope it is, because you'll have to wait 16 hours for another paraphrasing.

(Edit: I realise there are exceptions, where the pilot makes a personal choice to aid the Emalgha or the Hinwar in one or two missions, but the majority of the missions and the entire feel of everything is that you are a human, working for the UE)

------------------
-Esponer

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 08-15-2002).)

(Edit: I realise there are exceptions, where the pilot makes a personal choice to aid the Emalgha or the Hinwar in one or two missions, but the majority of the missions and the entire feel of everything is that you are a human, working for the UE)

Exceptions as in wanting to help the Hinwar to contact his people, or helping them defend their system? I'm sorry to but you like that but can you be more specific about it after I wait 16 hours?

------------------

If you work for the Voinian, they will say in the beginning of every mission-HUMAN. It let you know that you have betrayed the UE

------------------