Why are certain missions impossible to complete??

where does one get a neutron cannon from?

------------------

Try playing at 3000+++ insanity guy. It's quite a rush!

------------------

Originally posted by Ronald McFinkleburg:
**where does one get a neutron cannon from?

Complete the Paaren Station storyline or just land on a voinian world.

------------------
Omegans, Unite!

Originally posted by Skippy the bush kangaroo:
This works with crescent fighters but probably isn't a good idea against Azdaras.

My favourite tactic against the Azdara - which you definately shouldn't do at 255% speed - is to repel one in a pack, pushing it back and slowly it done, and then eliminating it before it can recover. It's a nice, efficient way to break apart large swarms of Azdaras, without taking much damage at all, in a Crescent fighter. 1.0.2 no doubt makes it more difficult, but still possible.

Try playing at 3000+++ insanity guy. It's quite a rush!

...which isn't possible. I don't know why people say things like this...

The fastest possible is 510%, and I'd only advise that for warships needing to lick their wounds after an encounter with other warships.

or just land on a voinian world

Neutron cannons are only available from Voinian worlds if you're a certain way through the Voinian string, are they not? And besides, getting into their good graces without entering the string is very time consuming.

If you want repulsion, might I ask, what's wrong with the repulsor beam?

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

I've never used a repulsor beam but can think of two reasons to prefer a neutron cannon:

1. It doesn't consume fuel (useful in the circumstances I've just described)
  2. It does damage (quite a lot at that)

Nonetheless, maybe its time to give the repulsor beam a go!

------------------
Its amazing how "tsk, tsik, nik" can mean anything from "There's a bomb in the bus, get help!" to "I'm hungry, feed me"
In case of ambiguity about anything I say - choose the nicest interpretation.

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**Neutron cannons are only available from Voinian worlds if you're a certain way through the Voinian string, are they not? And besides, getting into their good graces without entering the string is very time consuming.

I just took one over, and I was able to buy Neutron Cannons.
And repulsor beams have potential. Not tons, but some.

------------------
Omegans, Unite!

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Xero Curvox:
(B) I just took one over, and I was able to buy Neutron Cannons.
And repulsor beams have potential. Not tons, but some.

------------------------------------

Using the "Search for A.B." mission you can gain access to certain distant Voinian Planets, by entering and re-entering the system several times and destroying the renegades that always show up. This will eventually give you a "positive Status".

Miranu Defense pods with at least 2 launchers, preferably 4, are effective if you're in a very slow ship.

A fast ship with an afterburner, speed upgrade, swivel phase cannons and the surprisingly good repulsor beam ( ensure you have at least 2 fuel scoops, as it chews through the fuel ) as well as phase turrents is effective.

Neutron cannons are especially effective against any of the Crescent ships, due to their poor armor.

Go after the Crescent fighters first, after you lead them away from the large warships.

Keep at it!

------------------

(This message has been edited by Afterburner (edited 08-14-2002).)