Too good to be true (ROTUE)

I have a lil' problema. I was playing ROTUE. I played until I was able to purchase the UE dreadnought. well I remember when i ws in the ba
bar ADM. Mcpherson said I shouldn't rush into buying one. Well I decided "Of course I'm gonna rush into buying it!" so i went inot the shipyard and relized the reason, or what I thought was the reason, that he didnt want me to buy it. It cost 30.00M credits! But no biggie.
I soon found a cheap way to get the money in no time. so i bought it. Its a very grotesque ship but it makes up for it in raw power.
but anyway after completing the plugin i decided to take it out of my plugins file and play the regular EVO. So I started up the pilot
that had the UE dreadnaught. When I started it however there was no ship, no planets, no asteroids, no nothing. just the vastnessof
space. so now I cant play that file anymore. So can anybody help me fix this. This would be greatly apprecieated.

------------------
P-Z out

Originally posted by Big_Baller_D:
**I have a lil' problema. I was playing ROTUE. I played until I was able to purchase the UE dreadnought. well I remember when i ws in the ba
bar ADM. Mcpherson said I shouldn't rush into buying one. Well I decided "Of course I'm gonna rush into buying it!" so i went inot the shipyard and relized the reason, or what I thought was the reason, that he didnt want me to buy it. It cost 30.00M credits! But no biggie.
I soon found a cheap way to get the money in no time. so i bought it. Its a very grotesque ship but it makes up for it in raw power.
but anyway after completing the plugin i decided to take it out of my plugins file and play the regular EVO. So I started up the pilot
that had the UE dreadnaught. When I started it however there was no ship, no planets, no asteroids, no nothing. just the vastnessof
space. so now I cant play that file anymore. So can anybody help me fix this. This would be greatly apprecieated.

there is no ship because the UE Dreadnought does not exist in the normal EVO game. you need non-plug ship.
no bug, no problem, just little experiance
did i help?

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

You'll have to put ROTUE back in your plugins folder, open your pilot, and purchase any regular EVO ship. Then quit, remove ROTUE, and your pilot should work. Things can get a bit complicated when you play several different story plugins like ROTUE or Beyond the Crescent. Your pilot will still have the mission bits from ROTUE set, and they may conflict with a different plugin. It's best if you use a copy of your basic EVO pilot to play plugins that add to the universe, and when you're finished with a particular plug, put that pilot file away with the plug in case you want to return to it.

------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus
Deus aderit.

ok
thanks

------------------
P-Z out

does the plug route add more systems?
If you are in a system from a plugin and then take the plug in out there can be some wackey things that happen. Use the hyperselect or put the plug in back in and land at the nearest planet from the ev data folder and then take out the plug.

------------------
watch out for them zidigar beams

as i recall, it adds about 5 or 6 systems.
and what is hyperselect?!

Originally posted by RSS SPECTIR:
**does the plug route add more systems?
If you are in a system from a plugin and then take the plug in out there can be some wackey things that happen. Use the hyperselect or put the plug in back in and land at the nearest planet from the ev data folder and then take out the plug.

ROTUE only adds a few systems (mostly the mined 'backdoor' systems) but it does REPLACE a lot of Voinian systems. Get away from UE/Voinian space and into the Crescent before removing ROTUE from your plug folder is my recommendation.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.mazca.com/")Mazca(/url)
Who needs a belt? I have a belly! - Alex North