better ship or not??

Hi, I'm new te evo and I on a mission right now to kill a Voinian prototype ship of some sort (UE mission) . But I can't get it destroyed altough I've cheked a few guides and try'd there methods but I still can't kill it. I was wondering if my ship isn't good enough or wat upgrades should I by. I have an arada with 4 phase cannons . tactics to kill it are walcome to .

Thanks ,

------------------

(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum8/HTML/004248.html#")Use the technique described by Payback37.(/url)

Phase canons are particularly ineffective against voinian ships but are good for their long range if utilizing the mony python manouver.

------------------
"We tend to become like the worst in those we oppose."
-Bene Gesserit Coda
"Most suicides are far better thought out than most pregnancies."
- William R. Maples, Ph.D.

Originally posted by kiwi_a2:
**Phase canons are particularly ineffective against voinian ships but are good for their long range if utilizing the mony python manouver.

Actually, Phase Cannons do the same armor damage shot-for-shot as blaze. They don't fire as fast, but are much more accurate and have a longer range.

Originally posted by Blackdog:
Actually, Phase Cannons do the same armor damage shot-for-shot as blaze. They don't fire as fast, but are much more accurate and have a longer range.

No kidding, Blackdog. Never knew that. But if you're fighting the dreadnought, it's wise to scrap the phase, at least temporarily, and slap in some neutron guns. Now they pack some punch against armor.

And BTW, thanks for the endorsement, 'dog. 😄

------------------
-Payback37 (url="http://"http://www.clarkson.edu/~curtislg")Biggles Productions(/url)
Treat all the world as the world deserves,
With love or with hate but never with harm,

--an excerpt from The Seafarer , an Anglo-Saxon poem translation

I didn't say Blackdog didn't know that but drakes might not have.

------------------
"We tend to become like the worst in those we oppose."
-Bene Gesserit Coda
"Most suicides are far better thought out than most pregnancies."
- William R. Maples, Ph.D.

Originally posted by drakes:
**Hi, I'm new te evo and I on a mission right now to kill a Voinian prototype ship of some sort (UE mission) . But I can't get it destroyed altough I've cheked a few guides and try'd there methods but I still can't kill it. I was wondering if my ship isn't good enough or wat upgrades should I by. I have an arada with 4 phase cannons . tactics to kill it are walcome to .

While the Arada is a good ship (one of the best in the game), in terms of amount of firepower, it is not the best.
The best way to kill the Dreadnaught (or any ship in the game, for that matter) is to use the Monty Python Manuever. If you're not familiar with this move, it involves keeping the target ship just within firing range while moving at the speed equal to that of the target. That way, you'll hit them, and they won't fire on you. This move works particularly well in the Arada, one of the fastest ships in the game.
As for weaponry, phase weaponry is weak against armor. Go for Neutron cannons. While their firing rate is slower, they pack a HUGE punch. Or, you could try Emphalga cannons, but their range isn't too good, and you don't really want to get close to the Dreadnaught in a ship of your status.

My method for dealing with the Voinian Dreadnaught was using my captured, decked out Voinian Cruiser. Used a full on, head to head, frontal assault. Just sat still in front of it and blasted away, 😃
I had a bunch of Emphlga Cannons/Turrets aboard and tore that Dreadnaught apart. Had about 50% armor remaining when I got it disabled.

Oh, yeah, and another useful tactic against the Dreadnaught. Disable and capture it's fighters and send 'em back against it. While the damage they do isn't extraordinary (and they get taken out rather quickly), the irony of the situation makes it worthwhile. Anyway, I've spouted enough.

Good Luck.

------------------
-- Greg Anderson
-- Member of Green Eye's Storyline Developement Team
-- AIM Screenname: DrowninInReality
-- E-Mail: foodvelocity@mac.com

It was almost a year ago now, but I remember destroying the Voinian Dreadnought in a Lazira loaded up with phase cannons. It took a long time, but I used the Monty Python manuever and eventually I brought it down.

------------------
P L A T Y P U S

I always use a ship with basic primary weapons (not neutron guns because they weigh too much), and use the weight for two rocket launchers and as many rockets as I can carry. I take care to disable, not destory all the Voinian interceptors, and I plunder them for extra ammo before I send them back to fight the Dreadnaught.

I stay out of gun range until I've sent every rocket in the system into the Dreadnaught (well, it's kind of hard to miss). Then I close in and go toe to toe.

If you want to cheat a little, use the 'display armour percentage' plug, so you know whether you've done enough damage, or if you'll run out of armour before the Voinian does.

Alternative: For a quicker victory, some people simply overfly the Dreadnaught and release eight defense pods straight into it on every pass.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/evodude2001/home.html")Old & Unimproved: Cerberus Station!(/url)

I remember using netron cannons / turrets and also loading up on SAD/SAE's
I had UE destroyer

------------------
------------------------------
Why are man hole Covers round?
-------------------------------

I use a technique that, as of the recent incidents, i like to call the martyr maneuver. It is quite simple, but it requires a very large ship. It is very effective though, against a ship as slow as the cruiser.

When i first used this technique, i was in a UE carrier. It was the fastest dreadnought kill i have ever experienced. It made it really easy to do the capture (don't try it, i nearly lost my sanity), considering it didn't waste any time.

This is what you do: Get a really big ship, max out on Defense Systems, and on defense pods. Get as much shields and armor as you possibly can Why do I call it the martyr maneuver? Think about how you use the defense system. Fire on the dreadnought (considering its fighters are already destroyed) until it's shields have dropped. Then, holding the fire button to do extra damage, hover over the dreadnought as you would to board it and begin dispensing pods (8 at a time i believe).

This is the fastest dreadnought-kill i have ever experienced.

------------------
Ace Battlepilot
<mercenary for hire>
"We were doomed from the start. Our sensors were jammed and rockets tore us apart from every direction. I couldn't see a damn thing but one thing's certain. There's something out there, and it is much worse than any fed..."

Yeah, the monty python maneuvor is great, but to asure vicotry if you're not confident enough, take the cowardly option - load up on hunters, and jump in and out of the system 'till there's loads of UE ships in there to begin with. Then sit back and fire hunters into the big grey cheese....i used the frieght courier, as the extra room lets you carry more missiles 🙂

------------------
"Its better to burn out
than to fade away" -
Neil Young