Femme Fatale Ras Mission

Hey...has anyone out there succeeded in this mission? If so, how? I've tried several different ships and weapons, strategies, etc. The chimeras get me every time. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by mamajama:
Hey...has anyone out there succeeded in this mission? If so, how? I've tried several different ships and weapons, strategies, etc. The chimeras get me every time. Any thoughts?

I vaugely remember a mission with something called a chimera... Could you elaborate on what you're supposed to do? I haven't played FH or FF for quite a while, so I don't remember all the missions. But I may still be able to help you out some.

------------------
-- Greg Anderson
-- Member of Green Eye's Storyline Developement Team
-- AIM Screenname: DrowninInReality
-- E-Mail: foodvelocity@mac.com

(This message has been edited by Wedge Antilles (edited 01-05-2002).)

Originally posted by Wedge Antilles:
**I vaugely remember a mission with something called a chimera... Could you elaborate on what you're supposed to do? I haven't played FH or FF for quite a while, so I don't remember all the missions. But I may still be able to help you out some.

In Femme Fatale, one of the few major missions so far is to eliminate these "chimeras" in the SW quadrant. There's supposed to be a salvageable cargo pod in one. The chimeras don't seem to obey conventional EO game play logic; for example, when one shows up as a red "hazard" dot some distance away, another one can be right up next to you in a microsecond. You can disable or destroy them if you shoot them fast enough and on target. Conventional laser fire doesn't affect them much. The implication is, I suppose, that they obey a different set of physical laws. When they touch a ship, they generally drain the shields immediately. I've destroyed or disabled them all before, but never been able to retrieve the cargo pod, which is the mission goal. My FF game seems to be stuck on this mission; nothing interesting has happened in quite awhile, besides the odd rescue operation.Thanks for your help.

mj

The cargo shuttle is probabaly the best ship to do this mission in, because the mosquitoe will be outside your price range this early in the game.

You will need:
A fuel scoop(so you can get bact to civilised space).
An afterburner (so you can get away from the mirror chimeras/get close to the real one)
Fuel tanks
A flare launcher(the mirrors after flares)
Ion weapons-no secondaries.

What I do is I circle the chimera, using flares to distract the mirrors. Then, I use the afterburner to do a flyby of the chimera, firing it at it in the process. With a little luck, you can disable the chimera this way.

I hope this helps.

------------------
asc( );

Yes, get a ship that will outrun the C. Missles (the ones that fly at you), and make a few circles around the target C, then head straight for the target one. For weapons, have plasma bolts. One plasma bolt (or whatever those javellines are) will disable the ship. Get the cargo unit and jump out of the system!

------------------
macmaxbh
"I don't need romance." Zak Kebron told her confidently. "I have goldfish."

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Asc:
(B)The cargo shuttle is probabaly the best ship to do this mission in,.....

Thanks, Asc and everyone...completed the mission finally, and now the game is much more interesting.

mj

------------------