Trinity without starting over

I just downloaded Trinity. I've been playing a lot in the last few days without it, and have a game going I don't really want to start over, but I get a warning every time I load the game because it wasn't created with Trinity. There are definitely some additions to the game and it seems to have converted me into a swordsman.

How much am I missing by not starting over? For that matter, does Trinity make the game better, worse, or just different?

------------------

The plug just adds new ways to beat it. it adds the swordsmen (default guy) just gives him new stuff. a Conquer, and a Ranger. Each have there quarks but each is fun. Also each get there own special area in the game, and a few other goodys. Yet no new quests.

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'

Hmmm...OK. The other thing that's been bothering me is that in the Trinity documentation, it says swordsman can't use range weapons, by which I assume they mean bows? But my character in my game that started without Trinity can still use bows.

------------------

Hmmm...OK. The other thing that's been bothering me is that in the Trinity documentation, it says swordsman can't use range weapons, by which I assume they mean bows? But my character in my game that started without Trinity can still use bows.

While I haven't tested this, from reading other posts similar to yours I've gotten the
impression that my thinking is correct(and I'm thinking much more clearly now than I
was this morning... That horsey post still bothers me. shudder)

What is happening is that you have a "default" character, not a true swordsman or
ranger or conjurer. You still operate on your old experience levelling rate, can
use all weapons you could before, etc. Basically you are using your old character in
the new world, without any of the restrictions, or benefits, of the new classes.

I would hazzard a guess that when you increase levels you do not gain in your stats?
I would also guess that you can not enter the swordsman guild.

You might be able to do those above things, but I think you have to start a brand
new character with the new classes in order to reap the benefits(and also incur the
restrictions) of those classes.

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

I can actually enter the swordsman's guild, but my stats seem to be the same as they were before I installed Trinity (and I have moved up at least one experience level since I did so).

I kinda like the default character, though, so as long as I'm not inadvertently "cheating" by not starting over this seems like a good compromise between Trinity and not...

------------------

You can use the guild? Cool.

And no, you aren't "cheating" by using your old character with the new plug-in. As
stated you will miss out on some of the new stuff; but in all reality if you were going
to start over as a swordsman I don't think you would gain all that much from the
experience. Ranger or Conjuror yes, swordsman no, since you seem to be able to use
the guild just fine.

So don't worry about it. Enjoy the game! 🙂

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

dammit, when i try to enter the guild as a default, the guard says "the swordsmans guild is no place for a default. leave here at once" or sumthin like that

------------------
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in: we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
-Nathaniel Borrenstein
Please visit my website at (url="http://"http://www.lewiston.k12.id.us/schools/lhs/tech/students/beginnin/Andrew/welcome.html")http://www.lewiston....ew/welcome.html(/url) its got some cool stuff on it.

Weird...I just kinda walked in.

------------------