WTF? Eternal Shell Powder?

(This is my first post in the POG forums, I usually stay in the Ares forums)

A few hours ago I used some seashell powder. An hour later I realized that the wear-off message hadn't shown. I figured I'd missed it, and applied some more when a nice, challenging set of monsters showed up (cluster of red deamon-things). The message I got said "...but you doubt it will do anything else usefull".

So, unless I've missed something, my current dose of seashell powder refuses to wear off. It's been 2 hours. I've tried all sorts of things (eg quitting the game) but it seems to be in my save. Anybody know what to do?

------------------
Seen on a Claymore anitpersonell mine: "Do not eat"

lol isnt the extra exp good? Did the powder give you the extra exp after fighting the big red guys?

------------------
"I think TV remotes should have a button that allows you to kill the person on screen."-George Carlin

No!
The powder only gives you the extra EXP when it wears off.
If I could make my "perminant powder" go away, I'd probably gain a level (currently this would require 50000 EXP). This is gonna drive me crazy. Is it some kinda wierd bug?

------------------

Ive had the powder wear off rather quickly at times, are you sure you didnt click by the screen in a battle this happened to me with the cyclops and i thought it hadnt worked but when i whent to my save and did it again i saw the screen post my first battle and realized i musta miss the first time.

------------------
The iMac with the shiny Chrome finish.

It's WORKING. That's the problem.
I'm fairly sure it's working, because when I use some it says "won't do anything else".
It's supposed to wear off, and THEN give you the EXP.
This is the wierdest bug I've seen in quite some time, but I guess I could live with it for awhile. Heck, I might have to live with it for the rest of this game. Ah well.

Maybe AAC has had this happen before...

------------------

That bug is happening to me. I just assumed the powder only worked once. and the rest you had to sell. The powder would be very usefull, as i'm in the northern crypt with the blue guys. I could really use the experience.

------------------
Owning your base since 1998.

Uhh .. this might be a dumb question .. but have you tried going back to the save before you did the powder thing..?

''o))

Ok, now it happened to me i used the powder three times in a row while killing Sea Giants and now its stuck on. anyone else?

------------------
The iMac with the shiny Chrome finish.

Yup, me too, I think it was the third time I used it. I used the Stone Potion at the same time, I was doing a test at the Swordman's Guild. After it was over, I got the message "Stone Potion has worn off" twice.
Too many potions spoiled the broth, I guess.
But damn, I would have earned an extra 6000 points!

------------------
Hildy

Heh, the problem is I've saved like 30+ times before I realized it (staying up too late playing games may not be such a good idea).

In any case, I don't mind getting just normal XP. It lets me buy more stamina potions before I level. Which is good. Only 2.7 million XP to go...

------------------