Rings problem (?)

Does anybody know the answer to this:
I have sold a lot of stuff to one of the blacksmiths, INCLUDING SOME RINGS I FOUND IN VARIOUS CAVES. It happened because I had not done exactly what the Druid of the learning tree told me to do, exploring on my own so to speek. Now the druid wants me to deliver a ring from the weeping forest. So I returned to the blacksmith but the items I sold are not in his inventory! And of course now not in the treasure chests in the caves either. Are they lost for ever? Do I have to start all over again?

------------------

the rings you found in caves are not the ring he wants you to get. the one he wants you to get is in the bleeding forest, in the well, near the farm ruins. and yes, the rings you sold, you can never get back, but you can buy others from kalixa, the witch

------------------
"you have to go for miles over tall mountains. Then once your over those, you have to travel across swamps as far as the eye can see, but then it gets better."-Gimli, Gloin's son

And the ring that he wants you to get is a special item, and thus you would not be
able to sell it by accident.

So don't worry, you are not in jeopardy. Although this does raise a pertinent point:
save your games periodically, and save them as different names(I use numerical
sequences... ie, <name of char>1, <name of char>2, etc). This way if you make a mofo
mistake and you saved your game, you can return to a previous game and continue on
your way. If you only use 1 name and keep replacing the file then you are screwed.

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

Stark Bledfast and Gimli1217,
Thanks for your replies, I can sleep peacefully now! And saving as different names, yes, I'll do that too, good idea. I'm off to the bleeding forest, see you soon!

I like your signatures. Next time, after searching through LOTR, I'll have one too...

------------------

I believe mine's in the movie not the book, but i could be wrong. I suggest using abbreviations for what quest your on and where you are when saving. for example, if i were on reefs island looking for the herbs id save as <character name>rih.pog. that way i dont have to worry which number applies to which part of the game i saved in, but i still sorta do the numerical thing when i have to save more than once on the same quest. for example,
<character name>rih2.pog. i hope you find this useful.

------------------
"you have to go for miles over tall mountains. Then once your over those, you have to travel across swamps as far as the eye can see, but then it gets better."-Gimli, Gloin's son

(This message has been edited by gimli1217 (edited 12-30-2001).)

Originally posted by gimli1217:
**i hope you find this useful.

Thanks, thanks, and thank you some more. A nice new year's eve and happy 2002 to y'all!

------------------