My plugins intro:Any suggestions

Hi I'm back and I'm really really sorry about my bad grammar in other posts, and I will try my best to improve (I dont want to lose anymore KARMA).
Any way here is the intro for a plugin in progress and I just wanted some opinions on the intro I have written.

TACHYON INTRO:

300 years ago when the fusion drive was invented, the Greatships leapt into the heavens.
They flew ever onward as events on Earth overtook them.
The invention of the tachyon drive enabled ships to go from system to system in a matter of seconds, man colonised the sol system and its surrounding planets and stars within 50 years.
But still the Greatships flew on.
They saw sights never seen by anyone before.
They saw a Black Hole, stars be born, and die .
Still they flew on
Now the year is 2400 and the Greatships have reached their final destination.
The very edge of the galaxy.
When the Greatships sent back the message “THERE IS LIFE”
The earth had changed as technology evolved, there had been the great war between Venus Corp and Jupiter Mining INC had left the solar system in tatters, The Earth Alliance was and still is fighting against the Rebellion determined to stand against democracy and lead the Galaxy into a Reign of Terror
Most recently a terrorist group called the Union of Free Traders has come into being.
The Greatships have been forgotten and the colonies they formed have been left stranded against an alien race they never expected.

You have just purchased your first craft with what little money you have
Now it is your turn to leap for the stars
Your Chance

YOUR DESTINY!!!

BY Gazza_2001

What so you think?
Cheers, Gazza

------------------
Normaility Fails , Where Insanity Prevails

(This message has been edited by gazza_2001 (edited 10-18-2001).)

I would change "solar system" to "sol", if you say system twice in the same sentence it sounds awkward. Borne with an 'e' means "carried." You should use "born".
Also, the three exclamation points at the end are sort of overdoing it.

Sorry to nitpick, but there is so little wrong with it that I have to if I want to criticize something. Great intro, man 🙂

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, use more duct tape.

(This message has been edited by CrazyTom9 (edited 10-18-2001).)

Not bad at all, Gazza. Nice work. Couple of things, like the capital at "Man", but otherwise, very impressive.

Oh, to note, a plug-in won't let you travel from system to system in a matter of seconds. 'least, I don't think it will.

Esponer

------------------
Word.

I know it wont let me go from system to system in matter of seconds its just that it is supposed to represent A HYPERDRIVE (BUT THAT NAME WAS TO UNORIGINAL :).
But in the game it will still take time to jump from system to system 🙂

any way keep those suggestions coming in...

P.S. THis plugin is just started under way and should be out in about 2-3 months (I CANT WORK ON IT ALL THE TIME MY TEAM AND I ALL GO THE SAME SCHOOL AND WE HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO APART FROM THIS but here is the team list anyway :

SIMON (GAZZA) -TEXT AND WRITING STORYLINES etc..-Transfering CONCEPTS TO DIGITAL - GRAPHICS FOR PLANET SCENCES and startup screen 🙂

NICK - SHIP DESIGN - MUSIC

David - Illustrator who willl be doing concept ideas on paper (HE CAN SKETCH REALLY REALLY WELL)

P.S. IF ANYBODY WANTS TO HELP OUT AND LIKES MY INTRO JUST EMAIL ME AT: JDDAVIES@HIGHWAY1.com.au
I Would probably need some more help with ship design and actuualy making the ships look god in 3D so anybody with experience making PLugs is welcome this is my first Major plugin and any help would be great , CHeers, GAZZA

------------------

Dammit, he's got the same first name as me. <grins>

Esponer

------------------
Word.

I would help you, I am good at getting EVO's game engine to do some pretty insane (but still pretty Cool) Suff. Like making ships behave specificly, ang getting some odd things to happen with outfits and wepons. My E-Mail is MDK883@yahoo.com

------------------
Have you ever heard of a saftey on that GUN?!

You can make ships take (almost) no time to get from one system to another. You ste SND recource ID 128 to a sound with a really sort play time, like something the length of a Blaze Fire sound.

Excuse me, but what's the point? You just get a short sound while hyperspacing, and then watch the ship fly along a bit. We're talking about the game counter here, which wouldn't be affected.

Esponer

------------------
Word.

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**Excuse me, but what's the point? You just get a short sound while hyperspacing, and then watch the ship fly along a bit. We're talking about the game counter here, which wouldn't be affected.

Esponer

I seem to remember a plug that somehow affected the jump time... In fact, I'm sure it exists, because I remember using it. I'll try to dig it up.

(edit)Found it: (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl?path=evo/cheats&file;=LightningJump.sit.bin")http://www.ambrosias...ingJump.sit.bin(/url) .
Why doesn't someone check how it works? And I know it works.(/edit)

------------------
Naughty Notice:
Do not click (url="http://"http://www.funpages.com/haha.htm")here(/url). Remember, I warned you!
The middle ages Freeport bar: just head yourself to (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum8/HTML/003139.html#")http://www.ambrosias...ML/003139.html#(/url)

(This message has been edited by draco_2488 (edited 10-18-2001).)

Right here is some more info on my plugin so if anybody wants more info they can have some 🙂

THE GOVERNMENTS:
PIRATES
REBBELION (STRIVING FOR A GALAXY WIDE FASCHISM)
EARTH ALLIANCE
Fronttier Colonies (the worlds form by the Great Ships)
Aliens
Venus Corp
Jupiter Mining INC

Ship Ideas:
Frieghters
Starfighters
capital Ships
Trading Vessels
Alien Ships
Other Inncedental Ships(shuttle etc...)

MAJOR STORY LINES:
Earth Alliance
Aliens
Rebbelion
Fronttier Colonies

Minor Story Lines (compared to the major ones):
Venus Corp
Jupiter Mining INC
Pirates

well thats All I have come up with so far if you want to give me any suggestions or want to help out fell free to contact me at: jddavies@highway1.com.au
Cheers, GAZZA

------------------

You sould porbably make the diffrent ships governemtns use diffrent ships personalities, like haveing one goivernemt have big ships with lots of guns and turrets and many nasty ways to destroy you at close range but no way to hurt you at long range. Or a government like the Voinans with big ships, that are inslanly slow, but murdorisoly powerful. Also Another Idea, a governmnet whose ships enjoy watching tings blow up and use many wepons that use ammo, and are explosive-orented, and not to many primary guns. Then there's also gotta be the swarm governmet what uses lots of cheap not so powerful ships, carried by something bigger. Also, have somegovernments have ships that would 'Brodcast' their remaing armor precentage while others didn't. Like maby the freighters could be requied by some government's law to 'Brodcast their armor statis'.

Also you might want to be more orignal with your tahon drive Idea, change insted of using the standard old "fuel" label, you could make the labels say live "fusion Core" or "Energy cells" or just "Power" as the label and the thing that the ships need to use to go from system to system.

If you didn't already plan on it I could change areoud the way that the desplay thingy looks, like make it so when you go down into armor the desplay bar for you remaining aromr go red (I know how to do that and have the label match.

I would make some sort of major storyline of at least rather involved mission string that involves some sort of mercineris guild, for the Pirates, and perhaps you could call then "Arcyists" like they just don't follow rules like an archancy. Or just give them some other name, besides the overuse pirates, or renegades.

You might want to have somesort of storyline twist, where some of the aliens don't want to 'Kill all the humans' and join your side, and fight agains like the other half of thier peope who beleive that they are the only ture life in the univirse, and want to kill everything.

Gazza, these are only suggestions, scince I don't exsactly know what your plug-in is about, I gave you the suggestions I had tought of as of now.

------------------
Have you ever heard of a saftey on that GUN?!