Golden Horizon - Part II

Research is going well in using the Horoth armour tech to project a band of energy above the armour layer. By adding a larger generator, and more conduits, a field of sufficient strength can be generated. Work is currently focusing on making it mass less, and easy to upgrade to.(2 posts)

------------------

"Take Cover!" One of the Commandoes shouted before being shot in the face, and crumpling to the ground, dead.

Upon arrival at the Emperor's private sanctuary, General Grathon and his team were ambushed by a platoon of Edien Marines. The marines were better trained in terms of firearms accuracy, and were more numerous than the remaining eleven commandoes.

Talking with Admiral Ly'rak weeks ago, this had all seemed so simple. The Emperor's defenses were obviously a lot stronger than Ly'rak had anticipated. Marines were pouring from all around them, almost like a trap.

Grathon leaned up from his minimum concealment take snap off a round. A flash of light illuminated the space to his right, and he pulled the trigger, before ducking back down again. A groan of pain let him know that his aim had been true.

Another flash appeared above his head, and Grathon realized the commando team was doomed, and their mission to capture the Emperor was now going to be all but impossible.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
The Preeminent , realing from the attacks of the kamikaze Voinian capital ships was severly damaged. Ly'rak was certain the Voinians would destroy him. His ship was close to being disabled, and endless waves of Voinian vessels were bombarding his flagship. But he couldn't give up. Not only was his life in danger, but also, the future of Edien success in the Milky Way.

Watching through the view port of the Preeminent , Ly'rak saw several Edien support ships blow up as Battlecruisers moved into help defend their Admiral. Having his ship continue with evasive manauvers, Ly'rak looked for a way to escape his own inevitable destruction.

Out of nowhere, a tiny Voinian Fighter appeared, ramming into the Edien Battlecruiser, sending it reeling and disabled. The Preeminent was helpless.
••••••••••••••••••••
A state of extreme difficulty, which was something these commandoes had been trained to succeed against. That flash of insight was whisked away as another of the Commandoes fell to the ground, either dead or unconscious.

Suddenly, an intense flare of brindingly bright light filled the room, as a loud explosion rang around the immediate area. One of the commandoes had dispersed his distraction bombs, which were designed to disorient others for a fatal second with light and sound. The Commandoes, wearing protective eyewear for such a situation quickly shot and killed five more members of the platoon.

General Grathon of course wasn't stupid. All this noise and commotion would attract a lot of attention, and the Marines were surely calling for reinforcements at this exact moment. Unless he and his team did something quickly, there mission would be a failure.

------------------
<XXXXXXXL===============>
When did I go Insane?
<XXXXXXXL

OOC:Alright, I have given up trying to write an interesting post about the Federation Dreadnought, so I will just give you the ship statistics and when the research will be done.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Federation Dreadnought:
Shields:500(With SSS:1300)
Armour:900(Enhanced Multi-Reflective Armour)
Turning:18° a second
Speed:45
Mass:4500 Tons
Weapons:
40 Quantum Turrets
Federation Azdara Bay+24 Azdaras
4 Quantum Torpedo Launchers+100 Quantum Torpedoes
Items:
Static Slipstream Shield
(Bigass ship, eh?)

Static Slipstream Shield:
By routing a slipstream generator through the Shield generator from an Igazra, a ship equiped with this can open a path into sliptstream and bend it around the ship as a shield. The slipstream path opens out in deep space, where homing missiles and the like do no have enough range to come back and try and hit it again. However, the ship inside this field has to rely on communication from other ships or follow a preprogrammed course for navigation. This ship is also unable to amintain the shield if high amounts of energy go throught the shield, since the energy has a destabilizing factor on the shield.
Note:This shield is defeatable, it just takes a while.

Time till completion of Dreadnought research:10 Posts
Time till Completion of Static Slipstream Generator: 6 Posts

------------------
"The heathens are upon us. Arm yourselves and go with God." Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet, prior to the Battle of Cygni.

:Message to RMA of the Horoth:
:From SilverDragon of the Igadzra Union:

We shall not be attending your meeting. We do, however, hope that the Igadzra Union get the pleasure of meeting you and your ships on the field someday.

Good day,
SilverDragon

SilverDragon smiled over the letter. The Horoth would be slightly confused by it, and hopefully would get the hidden meaning, but not find the intent pressing. The Igadzra Union couldn't handle a war with the Horoth as of yet.

The forces moving to NSI-231 had just arrived, and the battle was on the brink of beginning.......

(Immortal Firefly, post!)

------------------
That's all very nice, but where are the guns?
- SilverDragon

OOC: Whitehawk, a while ago you posted about a Crescent Warship coming into the Threefrog system, disabled. You must now continue with this, one the note that the Ediens would first board it with a large amount of troops, secure the ship, tow it back to the planet, and have it disassembled.

-----------------

Carnotaur looked at the message from Admiral Bendon and the designs for the new Federation Dreadnaught and smiled. This was indeed a powerful ship that the Federation could use in the eventually destruction of the Ediens.

Carnotaur sent a message in reply, thanking Bendon for his work and service to the Federation Alliance. Carnotaur then sent a message to Bendon, telling him to take an assembled fleet in Motif, over 4,000 ships, to go to Notil, aid the Federation forces there in their battle against the Ediens, and work on capturing Mark. Threefrog and Innirian were to be captured later.

Carnotaur, finally, was then able to get back to the meeting. Approaching Thunder, Carnotuar spoke. "So, now that our scientists are working together, what else is there to discuss?"

--------------

Lars Magna looked at all the new ship designs. They were pretty much all simple. A few extra cannons here, an enlargement there, etc. Lars was gearing up for another major attack on the Kayan Alliance. Of course, the raid on Cetax and the upcoming raid on Kayan space were peanuts compared to what Lars was eventually planning to do; make a large and successful raid on the Azdgari to display just how powerful the Pirates were.

Meanwhile, the shipyards had been doing good and the new battlestation was already at its half way construction point. Not only that, but the two Pirate factions in Barah and NSI-3282 had agreed to join Lars. However, Lars was concerned about Barah. It was close to NSI-8219, which had been captured by the Kayans. Barah needed to be heavily fortified if it was to ever survive the Kayans and the Renegades, which had attacked Barah before.

To fortify Barah Lars had sent 13 more Pirate ships to the base there and had begun construction of a new shipyard and battlestation, as well as seven new planetary defense missile launchers (pursuit missile launchers modified to fire Pursuit missiles at ships in orbit, not very powerful, but the most Lars can do to help defend the planet). NSI-3282 was also getting a few reinforcements, but nothing major because it was so remote.

Finally, Lars had ordered the colonization of a planet int he NSI-3281 system, the system to the lower left of NSI-3282. A base was to be set up on the planet, and a new station was also to be built.

All this had taken a pretty heavy toll on Lars' credit amount, but he was sure that this would no longer be a problem once he had taken back NSI-8219, which was vital to the safety of Barah and to the success of the raid on Azdgari space.

------------

OOC: I'm doing this control of Titan's character because he seems to have disappeared and the Zidagar need to do SOMETHING. 🙂

Titan, leader of the Free Worlds of New Zidagar, looked out across the capitol city of New Zidrigar. It was a beatiful city, with tall spires shooting up into the sky, almost silver or golden looking in the setting sunlight. As fighters and transports flew through the rapidly darkening light, Titan smiled. It had taken many years to get this far since the Azdgari and later the Edien invasion. But the Zidagar had prevailed through it all.

Titan turned away from the beatiful scene and looked over the latest tech report. After many years, the Enhanced Phase Beam, which had been lost in the Azdgari invasion, had been reinvented using special synthisized aligned crystals. This had restricted the amount of ships the Zidagar could build and the fact that almost all of the Zidaras Titan now had were not equipped with phase beams. Almost all of the aligned crystals had been left back in Zidagar space, now controlled by the Ediens. The new enhanced phase beam not only solved the crystal shortage problem, but it also gave the Zidagar an even better weapon than the old original phase beam.

Putting down that report, Titan turned to the next report from the ship engineering department. It showed the Zidagar Zigra, the first ever Zidagar battlecruiser. It had a lot more weapons than the Zidara and also carried a few new weapons as well. It was stronger, and much larger, but still bared a resenblence to the Zidara. In fact, it looked almost EXACTLY like the Zidara except its engines were larger and longer, its wings were bigger and it had four of them in an X-shaped pattern instead of just two, its front was much larger, and it had two other smaller wings near the front. With the Zigra, the Zidagar could now return to their past glory and great military might.

RESEARCH PROJECT INITIATED
Title: Zigra Battlecruiser
Time Till Completion: 6 posts

------------------

The Federation fleet in the Notil system continued to duel with the Edien fleet, though it looked like the Federation was going to win. Azdaras and patrol boats battled with Edien interceptors, wolf packs of frigate and light cruisers engaged Edien destroyers and took them down one by one, Federation Battlecruisers engaged in massive firefights with other Edien battlecruisers. The battle raged on....

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

"Well, there is the matter of problems in the New Galaxy," Thunder replied to Carnotaur.

"What kind of problems?"

"Well, the New Galaxy is a safe haven compared to the chaos here in the Milky Way, but we are not without our problems. There are several Pirate factions that inhabit the fringe worlds, and while they are not a big threat (keep in mind my character wouldn't know about the recent attacks), the Akrahd Empire is. They are a powerful race and are, from what we can tell from Horoth stories and our own experience, quite hostile. When the gateway reopens in two weeks, you might be able to send a couple hundred forces through, or if you'd rather keep your people on this side, provide us with a couple hundred ships to help us fight off the Akrahd. It would be of great assistance if you could."

-----

"This does not look good," Militia Commander Lasin said. "The Pirates are gaining strength, and becoming ever more prevalent near our fringe worlds. Order additional forces to protect our northern worlds, as well the captured pirate base."

"Yes sir," an officer replied. "By the way, repairs of the captured base are complete. The shipyard is in full operation, producing Gunships and Enhanced Aradas."

"Excellent. In addition, build two new shipyards in our southern worlds. We need to increase our production if we are going to be successful in warding off the pirate threat."

NOTE TO CARNO - Kayans will need an (IC) tag in the economy reports

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "A rough road leads to the stars"

ok ok ok whoa........what the heck is going on? There must be a misunderstanding or something. I never owned NSI-231......I captured NSI-482 not NSI-231. I have no idea where the heck that came in from. Carno says that I posted that I captured it. I have no idea....if you want me to play along I will but I still have no idea where I posted that I captured NSI-231. I was planning to attack it and capture it later but I don't own it. I can't even look on the map because the info page is gone.

ImmoFly

------------------
Reech is coming.
Get ready for it.

"Sir! Emporer Kryptauros sir!"
"What is it you wimp!"
"NSI-231 has just received a long range scan and has found out that a fleet of well over 150+ ships are attempting to take over the system. What should we do.......!!!!!"
"So the Igazra Union wants to tango with me? Well I show him what Akrahd is made up of. Markolov,"Kryptauros comms Markolov,"Get me a fleet of 430 ships. I want to see to it that this fleet is destroyed. They may have 600 plus ships in there navy but, we will triumph. Send it over to NSI-231 and show them what we are made of. And when we destroy that fleet we will make our move into there territory and take over there planets one by one by one."
"Yessir. Should we send over more waves of ships when we win?"
"Yes.....but not too many. We should be expecting something from the Horoth."
"MENSLIE!,"Kryptauros comms to Menslie.
"Ahhhhhh......*gasp.......yessir what is it that you want."
"I want better shields....I can't stand to know that my ships are being blown to pieces because we don't have addequet (sp?) shielding.....I want shielding to be dramatically improved and I want it done very quickly."
"Sir we don't really don't know how or understand how to research better shields without...-"
"Without what?! Hmm! Money you need money?!"
"No sir... we don't need money. That is not our problem. We don't know what to do with shielding. We just know the basics."
"Fine do whatever you have to do to get better SHIELDING! I don't care if you have to use the Sub-Space Inhibitor to do it. I don't care if you disable a merchant frieghter from a government with higher shielding and study it. I don't care if you have to look at our shields and make a puzzle out of them! Just do it!!!!!!!"
"Yes sir"

------------------
Reech is coming.
Get ready for it.

(This message has been edited by ImmortalFirefly (edited 08-13-2001).)

MOD: Okay, I made a mistake. NSI-231 is controlled by the Pirates, not the Akrahd. However, to make it all make sense we'll assume that the Igadzra had faulty information on who controlled NSI-231, so they thought it was the Akrahd.

------------

Carnotaur thought for a moment. "We may be able to spare some ships, but on the whole, he can't spare that much. You see, quite soon, Igadzra and core Miranu space will be liberated, and we will need to break through the harder sectors; Crescent space, Zidagar space, and Azdgari space. This will all require vast amounts of ships, but I think we will be able to spare some vessels."

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Rima nodded in relief. "Thank you Admiral Scorcher. We need some shipyards in this galaxy." She quickly sends a few ships off with her ship builders and scientists on board to the planets to start building Miranu Warships. They would be slow but until more ships came through they'd have to do.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice President Halinara thoughtfully looked at the message from RMA. they should sent a few ships with some diplomats on board for the meeting. perhaps she should go herself. She sighed. She could not. With the President gone... ah well. She sent for a messanger and and immediately the diplomats were sent to the meeting.

(This message has been edited by Rima (edited 08-13-2001).)

OOC: I just finished a really big and nice new map for the New Galaxy at: (url="http://"http://www.carnotaurhq.com/golden_horizon/graphics/golden_horizon_map2.gif")http://www.carnotaur...orizon_map2.gif(/url)

It's a bit bigger than expected, and I have yet to add any nebulas to it (which I will do soon), but it's much nicer and more detailed than the only one. Comments?

------------------
--------------

The Crescent warship suddenly disappeared one day. Having been detailed as a derelic and nothing else it wasn't logged as important. Indeed it was forgotten. How stupid Ediens could be sometimes. Aboard the ship was 230 Kisani crewers and nearly 200 more Kiran soldiers, all looking to free the Kisani slaves on Threefrog. The ship landed in an unknown island on the planet, still cloaked; the cloak had been reworked so that no fuel was expanded and instead ran off the slipstream drive entirely. It wasn't perfect in the event that the ships weapons would not work for sometime to come.

Hawk walked down the corridors of the Nisim, reading a report on the Kiran's gain of Racet Base. He had sent Carnotaur a thanks, just before the bloody scientists had arrived. Like loctus they swarmed the ship, and Hawk had to personally place a forcefield around his own quarters and office. Kept those people away from those places instanly.

Right now it the ship had been calm after days of relentless questions. The crew for the new ship had been hand-picked by Captain Ravens herself. After Ryan's foolish attack, Ravens and Sisay were the last two he could trust wholly. Forty ships had been needlessly wasted; but that paled to the people lost. Ships could be replaced while people couldn't.

As he passed a console in the hallway it beeped with an imcoming hail. Sighing, the Kisani hit his wristlink and the console screen filled with an image of his contact on Freeport. "Yes, Adam. How may I help you today."

Adam got straight to the point. "There was a ship come in today. It was an unarmed Arada containing a pair of Kisani refugees. It isn't odd in and of itself considering your people's fate, but they seemed to have been asking a lot of questions about the Kiran and the Fedeartaion and Voinian Empire. There's also been questions asked about you personally. It could just be Kisani looking for a place to hide but..."

Before Adam could say anymore, Hawk cut him off. "I want those two followed at a distance. Where they go, I want a pair of your best Kiran agents on it; let them do as they are trained to do, hide in shadows and gain information. If those Kisani start prying deeper, arrest them and have them held. Understood?" Adam nodded and the screen went blank. Hawk wasn't intrested in who came and went from Freeport, but no Kisani traveled in an unarmed ship without a damn good reason, not since the Massacure.

He shrugged it off; Adam's people could handle it. He went on to read an idea proposed by Sisay and it seemd pretty good, even for one as genious as the old captain. It had some kinks to work out but it might be able to work. Hawk tapped his wristlink again and opened a voice link to Carnotaur. "Mr. President, sorry to bother you, but I might have something of use. Sisay came up a plan that seemed pretty damn good and I was hoping the Federation would consider it. How are your people with holographic projections..."

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

ECONOMY REPORT:

(RST) = Researching Technology
(CP) = Colonized Planet
(CS) = Constructed Station
(IC) = Increased Construction (i.e. building a lot more ships, weapons, etc.)

NOTE: Per day is in realtime. Secondly, non-government characters do not get credits per day unless they actually control a planet or get some sort of income from another, larger government.

Ediens - 230 Million - -5 million per day (RST-Major) (CS) (IC)
Rarkyl - 139 Million - +1 million per day (IC)
Horosk - 80 Million - +2 million per day

Federation - 67 Million - +1 million per day (IC) (RST)
Voinians - 88 Million - +2 million per day (IC)
Igadzra Republic - 21.5 Million - +.5 million per day
Pirates (Milky Way) - 21 Million - +.5 million per day
Kiran - 25 Million - +1 million per day

Igadzra Union - 56 Million - +1 million per day (RST)
Renegade Alliance - 10 Million - -2 million per day (RST-Major) (IC)
Pirates (New Galaxy) - 22 Million - +.5 million per day
Miranu - 61 Million - +1.5 million per day (RST)
Kayans - 48 Million - +1 million per day (IC)
Zidagar - 59 Million - +1 million per day (RST)
Azdgari - 53 Million - +1 million per day (RST)
Akrahd - 15 Million - +1 million per day (IC) (CS)
Horoth - 20 Million - +1 million per day (IC)

------------------

FLEET STATS
(Not counting Merchant Vessels)

Edien
Total:30 Million
Total In Milky Way:1.75 Million in Milky Way
Igadzra - 90,000
Azdgari - 1,500,000
Zidagar - 200,000
Crescent - 450,000
Miranu - 100,000

Rarkyl - 11.5 Million
Horosk - 1.7 Million
Sladerei - 340 (Counting merchant vessels)

Voinian - 670,000
Federation - 680,000
Pirates (Milky Way) - 75
Igadzra Republic - 50
Kiran - 470

Pirates (New Galaxy) - 70
Igadzra Union - 250
Renegade - 365
Horoth - 410
Akrahd - 1,100
Miranu - 240
Zidagar - 330
Kayan - 350
Azdgari - 450

------------------

Carnotaur was now fairly irritated with all these people drawing him away from the meeting. Carnotaur sighed and went over to the far end of the room and activated a com pannel. A picture of Hawk appeared. "Yes?" Carnotaur asked. After Hawk had stated why he was talking with him, Carnotaur thought for a moment. "I'm not sure that I see where you're getting at, but no, we aren't very good at holographic projections. We can do some small ones, but nothing big like project an image of a ship. Besides, even if we could, the size of the ship would be limited, and Edien ships are rather large, especially the Edien battlecruiser. Besides, we could never duplicate its weapons or the bio readings. Ediens are very picky about their security precautions. What did you have in mind?"

------------------

Titan looked over the latest research reports on the Zigra Battlecruiser. So far everything was going well. It would be packed with weapons, be fast, but Titan worried about its shielding and armor. They weren't as good as other battleships and battlecruisers, but Titan hoped that the Zigra's heavy weaponry and fast speed would outdo that problem.

RESEARCH PROJECT
Title: Zigra Battlecruiser
Time Till Completion: 5 posts

------------------

"My lord," Admiral Vacor said, approaching Arada pilot, "Work on the Viper is going well. It should be done in a few weeks."

"Excellent," Arada Pilot said, smiling. "You've done well Vacor, you're dismissed."

RESEARCH PROJECT
Title: Viper Frigate
Time Till Completion: 6 posts

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 08-14-2001).)

SilverDragon's force moved into the pirate system unexpected, and instantly engaged the pirates. Igazras, Izagas and the smaller Izars swept through the solar system, leaving behind them dozens of disabled pirate ship. The pirates were confused that the Igadzra weren't destroying anything they didn't have to, but they didn't have much time to be confused at all anyway. Igadzra troops, including SilverDragon himself in heavy Igadzra battle armour, poured into the pirate vessels, slaughtering everybody in sight, and doing intense scanner sweeps to kill anyone hiding. The Igadzra took losses, of course - SilverDragon's personal force suffered many losses indeed - and almost a fifth of the Igadzra troopers were killed.

Every pirate ship was quickly rigged up, and everything in them that could explode was set to. The ships were then towed into strategic positions, awaiting the Akrahd ships - standing exactly where they would enter the system. The station was then taken, and knowing that the Igadzra didn't have long, as a lone Izar had reported Akrahd sensor readings on the way, they dismantled the station into several parts, all ready to be mines themselves.

Finally, SilverDragon gave the word for the ships to take up positions. They were placed just out of damage range of the "mines", lightly surrounding the area. This little defensive manouevre should be able to cut through a decent enough number of the Akrahd vessels, making it possible for the fleet itself to completely destroy or scare off the remaining Akrahd. SilverDragon knew the importance of this battle - he knew that if the fleet failed, Cerberus and the other systems were doomed. He had to have victory, and he had to keep enough ships afterwards to protect his home.

Meanwhile, refugee calls were already out. People were all flocking to Cerberus itself, where a tiny token defence fleet remained. Zeus and Draco had already had around a sixth of their population leaving, all in various civilian transports and such. After that had been cleared, Saopallo and Bellaraphon would have many civilians sent to Cerberus. They would all remain colonized, but in a worst case scenario the losses would be at a minimum.

A message was sent out to all races in the new galaxy:
"Serious Akrahd attack, we estimate a large portion of their military will be engaging us in less than a day. If successful, the Akrahd will most likely move to Igadzra Union space. Repeat, the Akrahd will most likely move to Igadzra Union space. Any forces are welcome to take up arms in Igadzra Union space to help destroy the Akrahd.

This unique message was sent to the Azdgari:
The Council has allowed for this to happen - that we request an alliance with you. Legally, we are still subservient to you after your conquest of our former space. Thus, we are requesting an alliance in which you will hold the main leadership. HOWEVER, we will not become your slaves without a fight. We believe an alliance, slighly tipped to your side, would be most profitable. Also, we are engaging the Akrahd. Aid in defending our space would be much appreciated....

- - -

RESEARCH PROJECT
Name: Igazrada
Time: 9 posts

- - -

We are more than shells, we are more than bodies. We are the Igadzra.

------------------
That's all very nice, but where are the guns?
- SilverDragon

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 08-14-2001).)

In the gray headquarters of the Sladerei Solidarity was standing a man. He was looking at the galactic maps, dreaming of better times. Some of his relatives thought that he had done a fairly good work by creating a stronger navy and increasing birth. By doing this, he hoped that if they encountered a planet, they would colonized it rapidly. He hadn’t moved for the last hour and didn’t realized the fact that the Sladerei nation was drifting towards a two story end. He opened his infrared eyes and looked around for anything that could awake his state of mind to a more productive level. On this, he decided to pay himself a visit to the nearest dock.
When he exited his office, the guard saluted him: "Have a good day mister Psack". He didn’t even noticed him and continued ahead. When he arrived at the docking site, his General Secretary saw him.
-Ah! finally, I find you, Nelson
-What do you want Priaa?
-As you know Nelson, we are lacking resources to upgrade our navy and will no more be able to sustain anymore internal growth. We need to come up with a solution, otherwise, it will be the end of the Sladerei. And, this time an agonizing one, without even a victorious battle.
-I’ll see you in my office in an hour Priaa. Good bye.
-Alright Nelson.
On this, Nelson went to see, once again the vacuum. At that instant, he was sure that he would touch a planet alive, with his people. He decided to go back in his office to tell what he had in mind.
-I have a few project for you Priaa. First, a ram scoop that would capture all particles. Second, a thing that would transform those particles into raw materials. Third, the rawscoop has to be perfectly stealth to avoid any detection. No active countermeasures, perfectly passive. Like us for the last century, thought Nelson. Forth, a fractional shielding system. (FSS) that would equipped all ship.
- Alright, Nelson.
-Remember to comeback in three days to report to me if those projects are realistic enough to be used in less than half a year. If we have to cut the budget, eliminate the FSS.
-Alright Nelson. Ciao.
-Have a good day. And by the way, tell them to wait until were there.
Priaa went back to the Development quarters to report everything.
For the first part of his life, Nelson had been an enthusiastic gentleman. Now that he knew everything about the Sladerei and the Edien, he was in a state of mind that he could not himself describe: if he lost, he wouldn’t be disappointed, the same thing would happen if they would prosper in a near future. He was like already death in his mind. ( have anyone of you read 1984, Nelson feels the same way as Winston).
-Dissio, call the engine department, ask them if they are ready. Call the energy department, ask them if they are ready. Call the wormhole department, ask them if they are ready. Tell them that in a week, if their not ready, I’ll do a hell of a thing.
-Yes Mister.
This last state of mind really bothered Nelson. However, from this moment, he knew that he could change the world... for the best for the
SLADEREI.

------------------

In the gray headquarters of the Sladerei Solidarity was standing a man.
He was looking at the galactic maps, dreaming of better times. Some of his
relatives thought that he had done a fairly good work by creating a stronger
navy and increasing birth. By doing this, he hoped that if they encountered a
planet, they would colonized it rapidly. He hadn’t moved for the last hour and
didn’t realized the fact that the Sladerei nation was drifting towards a two
story end. He opened his infrared eyes and looked around for anything that could
awake his state of mind to a more productive level. On this, he decided to pay
himself a visit to the nearest dock.

When he exited his office, the guard saluted him: "Have a good day mister
Psack". He didn’t even noticed him and continued ahead. When he arrived at the
docking site, his General Secretary saw him.

-Ah! finally, I find you, Nelson

-What do you want Priaa?

-As you know Nelson, we are lacking resources to upgrade our navy and will no
more be able to sustain anymore internal growth. We need to come up with a
solution, otherwise, it will be the end of the Sladerei. And, this time an
agonizing one, without even a victorious battle.

-I’ll see you in my office in an hour Priaa. Good bye.

-Alright Nelson.

On this, Nelson went to see, once again the vacuum. At that instant, he
was sure that he would touch a planet alive, with his people. He decided to go
back in his office to tell what he had in mind.

-I have a few project for you Priaa. First, a ram scoop that would capture all
particles. Second, a thing that would transform those particles into raw materials.
Third, the rawscoop has to be perfectly stealth to avoid any detection. No active countermeasures, perfectly passive. Like us for the last century, thought Nelson.
Forth, a fractional shielding system. (FSS) that would equipped all ship.

- Alright, Nelson.

-Remember to comeback in three days to report to me if those projects are realistic
enough to be used in less than half a year. If we have to cut the budget, eliminate
the FSS.

-Alright Nelson. Ciao.

-Have a good day. And by the way, tell them to wait until were there.

Priaa went back to the Development quarters to report everything.

For the first part of his life, Nelson had been an enthusiastic gentleman.
Now that he knew everything about the Sladerei and the Edien, he was in a state
of mind that he could not himself describe: if he lost, he wouldn’t be disappointed,
the same thing would happen if they would prosper in a near future. He was like
already death in his mind. ( have anyone of you read 1984, Nelson feels the same
way as Winston).

-Dissio, call the engine department, ask them if they are ready. Call the energy department, ask them if they are ready. Call the wormhole department, ask them if
they are ready. Call the fleets' captains and tell them to be ready at any moment.
Tell them that in less than a week, if their not ready, I’ll do a hell of a thing.

-Yes Mister.

This last state of mind really bothered Nelson. However, from this moment, he knew that he could change the world... for the best for the

SLADEREI.

------------------

The Silver Talon and the battle fleet following her exited slipstream into the Notil system and opened fire in limited barrage patterns on all hostile ships. Destroyers quickly went to assist other Federation ships already engaged in combat, and huge swarms of Fed Azdaras started chewing away at Edien Battlecruisers. The Silver Talon and her honour gaurd roamed the battlefield and engaged lone ships which soon turned into free atoms. Admiral Benden stood on the Flag Bridge and watched as four Edien Interceptors rocketed straight towards his ship. The Silver Talons guns opened ip on the Interceptors, and destroyed on of them. The shields held the first two impacts, but the third went straight through the recently repaired hull plates just forward of the engines, and right behind the ten Fusion generators that powered the weapons...

------------------
"The heathens are upon us. Arm yourselves and go with God." Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet, prior to the Battle of Cygni.

Hawk smiled and said, "The Ediens have many ships and armed forces in this galaxy. What they don't understand is that we can have the same amount, after a fashion. We need not duplicate the Edien ships but our own. Make the Ediens think he have more ships by projecting seemingly very real fighters and light captial ships. My people can help you in this after a fashion and we also have a very high knowledge of how to mannipulate sensors. This could give us an edge in battle. I hope you consider this, and I'll talk to you again. I know you have many things to do, so good day Mr. President. I'll be planetside in a day or so." With that he cut the comlink. After a thought he opened a comchannel to a certain ship near the old Azdgari border..."

The Arada glided through the system, her engines hot from hyperspace. The pilot, a Miranu of questionable character had a very important plan. He was a one jump's distance from Chak, well defended Edien system. The Miranu hit his com console and inseted a data crystal in a slot and hit the confirmation key. A direct and sudden com burst was sent on its way to Chak, and it wasn't good. The Miranu thrusted left and a jump point opened; two minutes later no trace of the ship could be found, and the jump trail was cold.

The information sent to Chak was very sensitive and the Ediens would find it useful. It held a certain staging point for a large force of ships of Federation, Voinian, and Kiran. It held that they were using various annolalies and technologies to remain nearly unfindable and would be striking a certain spot within two days. They could jump in undetected and strike with complete surprise. No Edien would suspect. The fleet's location was Neradag system at coordinates 17 by 50 mark 853. The number of ships would be nearly 230,000 total.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

MOD: Whitehawk, the Federation and Voinians could never get a fleet into Neradag without the Ediens noticing, and the Ediens, no matter what you said, wouldn't believe it. Neradag is deep within Edien held space.

Also, grundulator, you have to continue the Edien attack on Kelmoan.

Finally; Whitehawk, you don't need to do that with the crescent warship. You can control the Ediens and have them board it. Besides, you'd never be able to sneak onto Threefrog itself.

OOC: Admiral Nelson; welcome to Golden Horizon! 🙂

-------------

Carnotaur thought for a moment. "But your plan could easily backfire. Once the Ediens realized they were outnumbered, they would call for reinforcements, and a lot of reinforcements at that. But, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try to see how it all works out."

------------------
--------------

Kryptauros and his army waited in the NSI-232 system waiting for the hyperdrives to get in place and hyperspace to reclaim NSI-231.
"Sir,"the long range scanner boy said.
"Yes what is it!"
"Our long range scanners are picking up the fleet in the NSI-231 system"
"Well this won't be long for them to die mwahhhhhahhahhahahha. Oh I have just had a fabulo idea! Give me that message comm thingamadingy, hiccup!
Message to Akrahd
*To: Vice Emporer Zealot
*Hey guy......I just wwannt you to know that I have a plan...hiccup! I want a couple of freighters packed with a basilllillllimillion warheads....hurp! and I want them sent into the NSI-232 system quickly. Also I would like a raiding fleeeeeet....burp! of ships that will kinda....oh that's another good idea. Get that fleet of ships and also a couple of colinization ships in......braaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!! There's a small station that I would like to build here in NSI-232. And I want the.....hiccup! raiders to get some supplies off of Zeus and whatever else they can find that is useful.
*Done

"Sir,"Markolov sounded worried,"Have you been drinking? I'm surprised you came up with that plan and you were drunk.....you worry me sometimes sir."
"Get your hands offffffff me.....hiccup! *falls asleep."
"He's going to have a hangover tomorrow hehe."
------------------
Reech is coming.
Get ready for it.

(This message has been edited by ImmortalFirefly (edited 08-14-2001).)