F-25 2.0 released

I finally got the damn thing uploaded.. Here is the description text that should have been with it on Ambrosia's site, if it had worked. I'm currently hosting the files at geocities, so let me know if there are any problems, especially with the big Titles file.. The plug is split into four files because geocities has an upload limit of 5 megs, and the plug is nearly 9. The other splits are because AOL itself has an upload limit of something like 3.5 megs.

F-25 v.2.0: Completely re-written and re-done from the bottom up, F-25: The Last Empire follows the same basic story of exploration into the Ji Nebula, but that's where the similarities with the previous versions end. With this new scenario come 235 completely new missions, uniform 2-D graphics, a revamped galaxy, multiple endings and decision points for the player. Early on, the player must choose with whom they will side in the dangerous new galaxy, and all that follows is a direct consequence of this decision. Collect the evidence, explore their territory and judge once and for all who shall overcome their enemies and rise above the rest to echo in immortality as the Last Empire. And then, your journey begins....

www.geocities.com/bombcat_12000/F-25_Data.sit

www.geocities.com/bombcat_12000/F-25_Graphics_Builder.sit

www.geocities.com/bombcat_12000/F-25_Titles.sit

www.geocities.com/bombcat_12000/F-25_Titles_Patch.sit

Peace...

_bomb

(This message has been edited by Bomb (edited 06-03-2001).)

"This page is currently unavailable for viewing." I know GeoCities has had problems with externally linked files before; may I suggest that you put up a page on Geocities with links to the four files?

I got a 404.

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."-Albert Einstein
-------------------
"Six by nine. Forty-two." "That's it. That's all there is."-Douglas Adams

I got the same as glenn

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

As far as I was aware, Yahoo! Geocities weren't too mac compatable. But congrats! Sounds cool, I'm gonna have to download it once I cant fix up the mac I got recently.

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner..

"I wake, I work, I sleep, I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life has passed and all I've been, shall never touch the Earth again." - Ballad of skyfarm 3. - Alpha Centuari

Originally posted by Glenn:
"This page is currently unavailable for viewing." I know GeoCities has had problems with externally linked files before; may I suggest that you put up a page on Geocities with links to the four files?

You're right. I found this out right after I uploaded them, but didn't have the time then to fix it. I'll get right on it..

_bomb

btw, were you able to fix the Voinian ships problem?

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner..

"I wake, I work, I sleep, I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life has passed and all I've been, shall never touch the Earth again." - Ballad of skyfarm 3. - Alpha Centuari

Originally posted by WarBeast:
**btw, were you able to fix the Voinian ships problem?

There is no "Voinian" problem to "fix." That is, unless I were given the code to EVO and expanded the number of ship slots, which is completely impossible. It's more my choice than an error of any kind.

The temp website will be up in about 20 mins. I had some things I had to take care of, but now, I'm going to work on it, no interuptions.

_bomb

bomb, you da man!

------------------
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Big Brother is watching you.

Originally posted by Cazic Thule:
**bomb, you da man!

Sigh. Yeah. Anyway, I've decided I hate the internet.

Anyone who wants the plug, drop me an email at RobS17@aol.com and I'll send out a mass mail while I try to figure out why geocities ganked my account. I'll send it out tommorow, regardless of how many people want it. I really want people to have it, so I'll worry about getting the **** uploaded later, or someone else with a halfway decent ISP can put it up. God, I hate AOL. It has ****ed me over for the last time.

_bomb

Did you try just putting up a HTML page on Geocities with the links, then?

You might also try hosting on iDisk...?

------------------
Back in my day, we didn't have any of this here UBB nonsense. It was DiscBoard or nothing, and we liked it!
Irony: "I don't want a flame war, you obnoxious SOB." - chill_rx

Must play F25.........must play .........Finished EVO and must play a decent plugin......except frozen heart.....thats coool......arrgggg....i dont like concil station......Argggg......Injects sedatives into arm......ahhhhhhh......falls asleeps

------------------

DAMN! I don't get to beta-test EVN! I mean, YES! F-25 2.0 is out! I mean, DAMN!

Okay, I'm going into my corner now..

------------------
sigh Is there ever a good EVO roleplaying experience?
AIM: StrikerDragon

Originally posted by Alien 5672:
**DAMN! I don't get to beta-test EVN! I mean, YES! F-25 2.0 is out! I mean, DAMN!

Okay, I'm going into my corner now..

The files have been sent out. If you didn't get it, you probably got an email from me explaining the problem. (More than likely, it was inbox space: F-25 is 8.8 megs stuffed)

Anybody else who wants it, email me, as I'll send it out again tommorow if need be.

_bomb

HELP! I am two missions into F25 and I already hit a bad bug. On the "Bring supplies to F25" mission, there are no miranu who come with you! And when you land at F25, NOTHING HAPPENS! There is no way to complete the mission! I used your pilot builder but even a completely fresh pilot which has done none of the missions for other stuff still doesn't work! Is this a bug or am I COMPLETLY missing something here?

Originally posted by cheese:
HELP! I am two missions into F25 and I already hit a bad bug. On the "Bring supplies to F25" mission, there are no miranu who come with you! And when you land at F25, NOTHING HAPPENS! There is no way to complete the mission! I used your pilot builder but even a completely fresh pilot which has done none of the missions for other stuff still doesn't work! Is this a bug or am I COMPLETLY missing something here?

Go to Munb and be quiet. Don't scream "bad bug" either when it's your own fault for not reading the mission text. It really, really pisses me off, as anyone who knows me can attest to.

_bomb

IM up to misson 4 where you have to test the experimental device but its impossible to jump into the system that you are supposed to go to how do you do it please HELP!!!
I

------------------

Originally posted by gazza_2001:
**IM up to misson 4 where you have to test the experimental device but its impossible to jump into the system that you are supposed to go to how do you do it please HELP!!!

Perhaps there is a minor bug....? I could easily be wrong, I haven't played it yet.

------------------
"Comedy, thy name is Krusty." - Bart Simpson, The Simpsons
(url="http://"http://dhm.smoovenet.com")Don't Hate Me(/url) | (url="http://"http://yoshi.zzux.com/phpBB/index.php")Unofficial Boards(/url)

(This message has been edited by Starkiller (edited 06-04-2001).)

I think you could be right but i dont know what it is.....

------------------

sigh

I don't want a 9 meg email, but when do I get to see this creation with my graphics in it? 😄

------------------