Golden Horizon

"Sir," a message came through on Thunder's comm unit, "a fleet of unknown ships has just decloaked in our system. Sensors indicate them as the Horoth. We're getting strange readings from one of their clippers - it's scattering our sensors, we're trying to compensate."

"Put them through on an audiovisual comm link to my office."

"Yes, sir." On the screen an alien who looked to be in some position of authority appeared.

"Greetings, Horoth ships, and welcome to Kayan space."

"That was prompt," the Horoth mused. "We come to offer you an opportunity to establish communication between our races."

"We're always open to new races and diplomacy, and we'll be glad to pursue cooperation with your race. I'll send a squad of our Aradas and Gunships to meet you in orbit. Also, one of your ships is coming out slightly garbled on our sensor readings, we can only get limited readings from it - if this is some kind of defensive measure, it's not necessary here, we're not an agressive race and we certainly wouldn't attack freindly visitors to our systems. You're welcome to stay as long as you like."

The Horoth captain turned away from the comm link, speaking to his crew; "these Kayans must have pretty strong sensors to get any readings from our stealth mode ship at all. Note it in the logs." Turning back to the comm screen, he heard Thunder's response.

"How do you want to proceed from here?" Thunder asked the Horoth Captain.

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "A rough road leads to the stars"

"Yes, what is it?" Nova asked in a serious voice. Mark Jackson then explained what his mission was, why he was sent, etc. Nova nodded once he was finished. "I see. Come with me."

Jackson then followed Nova into another ajoining breifing room, whose walls were covered with battle mementoes collected over the years. Sitting down, Nova then called in three admirals and one general.

The first one was Admiral Haukin, the oldest of the admirals on the Voinian Military Council and prehaps one of the wisest and most cautious and thoughtful. Haukin was in charge of all the Voinian forces around former Emalgha space. Then there was Admiral Ghor'Nahr, a veteran of the UE/Voinian war and a skilled tactician. He was in charge of the defense of the inner Voinian worlds. Then there was Admiral Nahar, a war hero and veteran of the Voinian/UE War (And it showed, one of Nahar's eyes had been hit by a blaze bolt and now had an eyepatch over that eye. He also had a few other scars here and there.). Nahar was in charge of most of the offensive action against the Ediens and he controlled most of the Voinian forces on the Voinian/Edien Front except for the ones under the command of Admiral Haukin. Finally, there was General Gahtang, commander of all the offensive Voinian Troops in the entire empire.

They all quickly arrived and sat down at the meeting table, and then Nova addressed the group, telling of Jackson's purpose on Voinia and what needed to be planned out. Then, Admiral Haukin spoke. "What is our primary target in this upcoming offensive?" he asked.

"Most probably the area of space directly under Miranu space," Jackson replied. "It's one of the weakest spots on their front, and the Ediens don't seem extremely worried about it. Also, it's relatively isolated, and thus Edien reinforcements take a while to reach that area."

Nova then turned to Admiral Nahar. "Which exact systems would we be targetting, how many ships would it take, and how long would it take?"

Nahar thought in silence for a moment. "Well, the targeted systems would be Holmm, DSN-4533 (the system under Holmm), Smott, and DSN-3930. As for strategy, we would probably attack them all at once, so that they could not send reinforcements to each other and it would take them all completely by surprise. We would, prior to the attack, heavily reinforce DSN-8200 and DSN-1154. Both of those systems the Ediens would have to go through if they were to send reinforcements in to help the systems we were attacking. It would also be advisable to have the Federation at the same time start another offensive against a single planet and make large scale raids all accross the frontier. We would also commit to launching numerous large scale raids on the Ediens to keep them from sending all their availible ships to help the systems being attacked. As for numbers, we would probably have to commit about 20,000 vessels total to the assault. As for land troops, we would need about 8 million. This whole operation would take about a week to prepare and carry out."

"What about losses?" Nova asked.

Nahar stared at him for at least 10 seconds. "We would most likely loose 4,000 vessels, and total soldier casualties would be around 2 million."

Gahtang spoke up. "Sir, my troops can be ready and fully prepared to attack in 5 days."

Nova thought for a few seconeds, then turned to Jackson. Jackson paused for a second, then he slowly nodded. Nova then turned to Admiral Nahar. "Begin preparing for the offensive immediately."

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------
(url="http://"http://www.pautsch.com/nova6")Visit my cool EV website!(/url) Also, check out my cool new (url="http://"http://pub55.ezboard.com/bevandevodiscussionboard")webboard!(/url)

OOC: I will accept the Kayans having good sensors as they are scientifically advanced government, however, not everyone has the ability to pick up Horoth ships while they are in stealth mode. In fact, very very few can.

-------

And now here is the stats for all of the governments in GH. This is controlled by moderators and will replace the 20 ships per system thing. As for distribution of ships; that's up to the commander of the government.

FLEET STATS
(Not counting Merchant Vessels)

Edien - 30 Million, 2 Million in Milky Way
Rarkyl - 10 Million
Horosk - 700,000
Sladerei - 200 (Counting merchant vessels)

Voinian - 600,000
Federation - 700,000
Pirates (Milky Way) - 100
Igadzra Republic - 40

Pirates (New Galaxy) - 70
Igadzra Union - 200
Renegade - 300
Horoth - 400
Akrahd - 900
Miranu - 200
Zidagar - 300
Kayan - 300
Azdgari - 400

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 08-02-2001).)

Hawk sat in his small study aboard the Nisim, books piled up everywhere. The Kisani had pulled from he shelves nearly three dozen books bound in old leather. The parchment was still like new, considering all the care they had endured and the silver ink they were written in bore no sgins of fading. The Kisani reached for a thin volume, perhpas no more then eighty pages thick. Blowing off the dust, he opened it and murmured the title, which like all the books, was written in a very old Kisani written dialect dating back four thousand years. The dialect was so complex that not even a translation device could work, not even those created by a race as advanced as Ediens. Not even the Kisani race at their height could do it. And Hawk Kael and his clan were the only ones left who could read it. Most of his clan lay beyond the stars in the Magellian galaxy or were dead by Edien hands. Hawk was the only of his house left.

The Weapons of the Serdan Guard
As written by Dren Jead, Warrior Caste

Hawk turned a few pages then stopped as he turned to a weapon he was familar with. A blade capable of being held within a small rod. When a button was pressed or a word spoken, the blade would spring forth and the guard of the blade would pop out from either side, forming a well crafted sword. It was often the choice of the Sedran, Kisani’s royal guard whou protected the Royal Family. Hawk closed the book and took another one from a nearby pile.

This one held medical procedures for some rare illnesses which dated back nearly three thousand years. Aftr looking through a few books holding history, individuals of note, and famous battles during the war against the Dark Ones 8,000 years ago, he found what he was looking for: a thick tome filled with star maps and locations, nearly four thousand pages thick. It had been the life’s work of one Konnel Naen, a famed explorer and traveler of his race who had died two centuries ago at the age of six hundred. This volume had been his life’s work entrusted to Clan Kael until it could be used .

Hawk flipped to a certain part of the book, some eighteen hundred pages in. There on the title page was written in flowery emerald ink the section he had been looking for.

_The study and plans of stystem jumpgate technology
The skematics of the Kisani slipstream drive
Designs to the sketmatics of the five Kisani ships listed:
Havrin-class Slipcruiser
Fexrin-class Blockade runner
Herix-class Intecepter
Draven-class Destroyer
Fynx-class Slipfighter

As compiled by Konnel Naen, Explorer_

For about three hours Hawk read, his thoughts heavy with what to do. In order to succede in his quest, he would nead help. The only people other then his own race he could trust were gone. The Miranu and the Zacha were gone, their worlds shattered. The renegades that still survived here were not like the ones decades ago; those Igadzra that had chosen to stay were most likely well versed in the stories of Hawk Kael the Kisani Renegade, and would seek to give him a trial. He could not for the world trust the Voinian Empire, for at heart they would remain conquers, no matter who led them. His only choice would be the Federation, and he had doubts about that. He was well versed in human history to know that power had ways of corupting even the most virtueous of rulers and leaders. Yet it was his only chance, considering the Federation was the only power with enough resources.

He would be on S570 within another three hours ship time. Closing the book, he placed it gently in the middle of his desk on top of his own journal. He headed towards the cockpit and sat down, bringing up the light display. The young rouge made a guesture and opened a comlink to S-570; he made reservations for a docking pad for Hawk Kael of the Nisim...

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

ATTENTION: Go look at the Rarkyl info page! You can find it at: (url="http://"http://www.carnotaurhq.com/golden_horizon/info/tech/rarkyl_tech.html")http://www.carnotaur...arkyl_tech.html(/url)

Look at the Rarkyl Battleship! A friend of mine just finished work on some ship picts for it!

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Carno: Remember! Everyone gets two techs? my two techs are the silver plant AND HIGHLY ADVANCED SENSORS. I assume you forgot? So the cloaked Horoth clipper, would show up on my sensors, but not accurate enough to a position to lock onto. Deal? I also have the power to scan nearby systems.

meanwhile, the scout fleet is two jumps away from the nearest RA planet, and the lead CW orders a full sensor scan of the surrounding systems. One of the Sensor engineers on board, calls the captain. "Sir, we've detected a hyperspace trail, evidently from a small class vessel, and it ends in a nearby system. should we check it out?" "Yes, that might be what we're looking for. Take note btw, this system would be excellent for a station." The Fleet jumps into the system, which is home to a small Pirate base, undetectable, unless a ship lands.
(I dont know who controls the pirates, so I'll let Carno decide how big of a fleet should be in the system.)
---------------------------------
Research continued: SDM (Silver Destruction Modules)
Development: CHECK
Prototype: CHECK
Research way to mass produce and outfit: 3 posts
-------------------------------

------------------
The Future never was, yet is always to be, no one ever sees it, nor ever will. And yet it is the confidence of all to live and breathe on this blue and green terrestrial ball.
"OOOWWWWW!" (Still stinging from the Karmaslap)

The Nisim jumped into realspace, five minutes from S-7570. The silver arada was suddenly surronded by three Fed fighters. A comlink was opened to the Nisim followed by a booming voice a moment later. “Arada Nisim, you have been sacnned and approved by Security. You are cleared to procede; just don’t break the rules while traverising Federation space and we’ll get along fine. Welcome to Riomor, Captain.”

Hawk responded, “Thanks, Riomor Security. I’ll see you on my way out. Nisim out.” Hawk made a guesture and closed the link, then after making another one, the Nisim flew towards S-720. The moon had once been home to a group called the Captains of S-570, which later rose to become the Fedearation after the coming of the Ediens. Funny how something can have so big an influence.

Reaching the moon's outer atmosphere, he opened a comlink and said, “Captain Hawk of the Nisim to Docking Control. Permission to dock at reserved docking pad?”

“Nisim, this is Docking Control. Request granted, Captain. Pad One Bets has been set aside for the genours fee of 15,000 credits you sent us. Hope you enjoy your stay, and if you need anything while staying, just ask. S-570 out.”

The arada quietly flew into port. After the ship had docked securely, the young rouge stepped out of his ship, dressed like any other spacer, minus the blaster. A small rod was strapped into a sheat-like container on his belt. Around his shoulder was slung a bag with something in it. Walking from the bay, he stepped out onto the promendae of the starport, intent on finding President Carnotaur’s office.”

A beep disturbed Carnotaur from his thoughts, causing him to look at the small screen he kept near. On it was an image and bio along with some amount of text.

President Carnotaur

My dear Carnotaur, it would seem that you are enjoying your new title. My name is not important and don’t try tracking this signal because all you would get is a false one leading to a dozen different worlds, all false leads. I however wish to give you some information. By now there is someone on S-570 who is or was a menance to Strand society. You may or may not have heard of him, considering that you humans don’t get much in this information. His name is Hawk Kael, a Kisani born on the moon of Kisal in Sirabor and a fomer renegade. During his time as a renegade, Hawk’s name was known far and wide across both Crescent and Miranu space.

His was one of legend, considering he was the only one of his race to become a renegade in more then a thousand years. He was also known for his many, many successful raids into the very hearts of both Igadzra and Zidagar space and for his mercy, killing only when neccesary. His name was a legend before even that of Dadelus the Wind Thief. Some many years ago, he went into hiding and retirement after something wiped his criminal record from Zidagar and Igadzra lists; the Igadzra however offered a bounty of 5 million credits for his capture. None but a few ever really tried, and those that did try, failed in the end. He has however come out of hiding about two years ago and was responible for the destruction of many a Edien frieghter and fighter. I give you this information because he could either be a great help or hindrance to you, considering his renegade background. I have given you this photo and bio in chances to improve your finding him.

I wish you luck, good President.

An unknown friend...

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

(This message has been edited by Captain Whitehawk (edited 07-23-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Captain Whitehawk (edited 07-24-2001).)

OOC: Sorry about that Redchigh, I forgot. And yes, it's a deal.

And, er, Whitehawk, S-570 is a moon, not a station. 🙂

----------

Carnotaur thought for a moment at the strange message. What could it mean? Could this Hawk be dangerous? What was he up to on S-570? Carnotaur then went over to his special comlink and pressed the button. "Security here, Mr. President."

"I want you to check your files. Has there been any new arrivals on S-570 during the past day?"

The security officer read through about two dozen reports of new ships coming in. "And there there was Hawk Kael of the Nisim, and then there was..."

"Wait, Hawk Kael?"

"Yes sir."

"Where is he now?"

"Somewhere in New Boston spaceport, sir."

"Find him immediately and bring him to my office. But don't act as if you are trying to be threatening, just tell him that I want to see him."

"Yes sir," the security officer replied then closed the comlink.

----------------

The RA fleet scanned the system for any signs of enemy ships. There was a small asteroid field in the system and there were several very large asteroids on sensors. Suddenly, out from behind one very large asteroid appeared a ship!

"Identify that ship!" the captain of the CW ordered.

"It's an Arada sir. Its transponder reads 'Pirate'."

Suddenly, twelve more aradas, eleven crescent fighters, seven laziras, and three Crescent warships appear and charge the RA fleet firing all weapons!

OOC: Okay Red, you take over from here.

------------------
--------------

The stars in the veiwport elongated into streaks as the ship accelerated into hyperspace. A second later, the planets and stars of Kayan system came into veiw. Admiral Benden gave an order to the actual captain. "I want everyone except for you and me off the bridge at once. All other veiwports are to be secured." Everyone else on the bridge filed out a few moments later, after the captain had relayed the order. Admiral Benden pushed a sequence into his command chairs keypad. A small joystick popped out of the side of his chair and swung around till it was in comfortable reach. On the other side of the chair, a throttle array swung up so he could operate it with his left hand. He looked over to the Captains chair. "All ready captain Fusaiyuki?" "Yes Mr. Vice President," he replied crisply. He was controlling weapons and shields. They were going toward a secret research facility that was hidden deep inside Kaya's moon. It was so secret that the bridge crew was not allowed to see its location. In a few minutes, they had arrived and had docked in the main docking facility, the only one large enough to hold a BC. Benden walked back to Airlock B-101. He pressed a few buttons and the door opened and a ramp extended down. He went to go have a conference with the Kayans.
------------------
"The heathens are upon us. Arm yourselves and go with God." Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet, prior to the Battle of Cygni.
(url="http://"http://pub70.ezboard.com/bevtechsoftware")EVTech Software Webboard(/url)

(This message has been edited by Admiral Benden (edited 07-24-2001).)

Nova called Admiral Nahar and General Gahtang to his office. They arrived quickly and sat down.

"Admiral Nahar," Nova said. "what is the status of Operation Overload?"

"Operation Overload is going according to schedule. We should be ready in about 2 more days, then the attack can begin."

Then Nova turned to General Gahtang. "What is the status of your troops?"

"Loaded up onto the supply ships and ready to go at your orders, sir."

Nova nodded. "Very good. Dismissed."

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------
(url="http://"http://www.pautsch.com/nova6")Visit my cool EV website!(/url) Also, check out my cool new (url="http://"http://pub55.ezboard.com/bevandevodiscussionboard")webboard!(/url)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**OOC: I will accept the Kayans having good sensors as they are scientifically advanced government, however, not everyone has the ability to pick up Horoth ships while they are in stealth mode. In fact, very very few can.

OOC: The reason I had our ships able to detect the Horoth ship is because the Kayans developed very advanced sensors in Red Horizon - Sensors and subspace (the inter-galactic rift) are Kayan specialties, like speed is the Azdgari specialty and sheer power is the Igadzra specialty. Even so, we would only be able to detect very limited readings from the Horoth ships - that a ship is there, but nothing more. We wouldn't be able to tell, for example, shield status or crew compliment. And we can only detect anything at all for larger classes of vessels - a small fighter in stealth mode would probably pass unnoticed by even our sensors.

Also, what is this about everyone getting two special technologies? I wasn't aware of this.

One more thing before I return to the story - the fleet size rules are inconsistent. At first you say that each race gets a max of 20 ships per system they own, then you later issue fleet sizes in the tens of millions for the Ediens - to have that, at 20 ships per system, they'd have to control on the order of 10,000 galaxies the size of the Milky Way. Which rule should we go by?

---------

In Character -

As Thunder sat at his desk, a comm message came through on the screen on the far wall. Activating it, he saw the face of Militia Commander Lasin.

"Ahh, Commander," Thunder said with a smile, "good to see you again!"

"Prime Minister, Akyna," the commander replied, greeting Thunder and his cheif aide, who had come over to see the message. "We have a problem with the Firefly project. Well, not so much of a problem, but a decision that needs to be made."

"What kind of decision?" Thunder asked.

"Well, our attempts to strengthen the original design have gone in two seperate directions - one focusing on strengthening the hull, the other on increasing the ship's maneuverability. The result is two designs - and the fact is we only have the funds to proceed with one of them. The Militia Council of Leaders is deadlocked on which design to pursue. You're a skilled pilot with experience in commanding the Militia - we were hoping you could break the tie. I'm sending both ship schematics and specs to you now."

Thunder and Akyna looked over the ship specs for each variant. The armor based variant looked more like a heavy fighter than the original firefly design - the armor had been increased several points, and a lone phase turret had been added. The light, maneuverable variant was even more streamlined (and smaller) than the original - but the armor was completely absent - armor levels had been reduced to zero, but the maneuverability was almost enough to rival an Azdara.

After poring over the designs for what seemed like five minutes, Thunder took stock of Akyna's opinion and considered his own. Both of them favored the lighter variant. Turning back to the Commander, who still waited patiently on the other side of the comm link, he spoke. "I think we should proceed with the light, maneuverable variant. Our aradas already have the position of heavy fighter filled - the light version is something new and will fill a needed niche in our Militia forces. You have my permission to continue with the production of a prototype of the light version of the Firefly."

Lasin smiled. "Well then we agree, Prime Minister; I voted for the light variant as well. Thanks for your time."

"Always a pleasure," Thunder replied.

"Lasin out."
-----

Final ship specs for the Kayan Firefly

Shield - 22
Armor - 0
Top Speed - 575
Accel - 625
Turning - 250°/sec
Armament - 4 swivel phase cannons, 7 defense pods w/ 1 launcher
Cost - 400,000 credits (It's a very small ship, won't take much raw material to build)

--It will take time to incorporate these new schematics into the design, so I will raise it from 5 posts left until the Firefly is done to 7 posts left.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 07-24-2001).)

Originally posted by Thunder:
OOC: The reason I had our ships able to detect the Horoth ship is because the Kayans developed very advanced sensors in Red Horizon - Sensors and subspace (the inter-galactic rift) are Kayan specialties, like speed is the Azdgari specialty and sheer power is the Igadzra specialty. Even so, we would only be able to detect very limited readings from the Horoth ships - that a ship is there, but nothing more. We wouldn't be able to tell, for example, shield status or crew compliment. And we can only detect anything at all for larger classes of vessels - a small fighter in stealth mode would probably pass unnoticed by even our sensors.

Okay, but remember I already agreed with you. 🙂

Also, what is this about everyone getting two special technologies? I wasn't aware of this.

Sorry, I never had time to really contact you and work that out. I also kinda forgot, sorry. Meet me on AIM and I'll work out this with you.

**One more thing before I return to the story - the fleet size rules are inconsistent. At first you say that each race gets a max of 20 ships per system they own, then you later issue fleet sizes in the tens of millions for the Ediens - to have that, at 20 ships per system, they'd have to control on the order of 10,000 galaxies the size of the Milky Way. Which rule should we go by?

Read my post when I gave the new fleet stats. The only way of doing them (20 ships per system) was not working out correctly, and so I had to change it to the new way.

------------

RESEARCH PROJECT
TECH NAME: Enhanced Multi-Reflective Armor
Posts till Prototype done: 2 posts
Posts till Outfit Finally Completed: 3 posts

-----------

Carnotaur, while he was preparing for his trip to Freeport, suddenly heard a knocking at the door. "Come in," he said.

Admiral Johnson walked in. "Hello Mr. President. I just came to give you my report; we've assembled about 20 ships, and our extra patrols seem to be keeping the Pirate attacks down enough so that we can move more freely. We should have about 45 ships ready to assault the Motif system by tommarrow. Our fleet will be fully ready in two more days."

"Very good Johnson, dismissed."

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 07-24-2001).)

Horoth Captain to Kaiyans:
"Congratulations on detecting our stealthed clipper. For our ships, being stealthed is a normal operation of having shields online, and is only turned off if we want to make ourselves known.
"We are here to offer you talks in our home system. If you agree, we will provide an escort. Proceding otherwise is not recomended, as otherwise our minefields will interpret you as hostile. You would also end up impacting on Horaths defence system.
"We would like to talk about a possible alliance, and possible exchanges. However, we must warn you of the Akrahd. They control the space to the south of us, and are responsible for the annihilation of several other species.
"We are ready to move out when you are ready"
End Transmisison

OOC:So you can do more in your post thunder, the Horoth would like to talk about your sensors(they want to improve their stealth fields), any weaponry, and anything else. The Horoth have stealth fields to offer, limited replication technology, nice shields(they're as weak as they are, because Horoth ships are made to be built easily and cheaply), and an armour enhancing tech. Your lead.

Similar message goes to REDCHIGH, inviting someone to come to the Horath system.

Status on Fusion Scoops(To be placed in low Ver'nath(6th planet, Gas Giant) orbit to provide power to the shield grid):9 posts till completion

------------------

The thirteen aradas, eleven crescent fighters, seven laziras, and three Crescent warships charge the RA fleet, but the RA still have their distance, and shoot their glimmer missiles at the nearest Crescent fighter, 5 shots later it explodes. The renegades cut through the RA fleet. The pirates are using primitive phase and SAD weoponry, so the match is even. The freight couriers are able to hold the ships off for a while, glimmer missiles and silver turrets firing in panic, one of the freight couriers gets disabled from SAD's, and the CW closes in, but is knocked back by a large aslvo of glimmer missiles, then 7 crescent fighters close in on it. the helians split up ,with an arada in each group, and go after the two CW's, with the Silver CW engaging two aradas, and the silver aradas firing at will. Several fighters and a helian explode right away, but the battle slowly slides in favor of the Silver fleet... the Silver fleet is cut in half, a dozen of escape pods flying around the system, but the pirates are cut down by more than two thirds. The pirates are cut down dramatically, only 4 aradas and 9 fighters left, while the Silver fleet has 2 helians, 5 aradas, the silver CW and 6 fighters. The CW is still in command, and a backup fleet ascends from an abnormally large asteroid, only 7 fighters and an arada. The match is even now. the helians and aradas engage the enemy aradas, while the CW and fighters take on the pirate fighters. Silver darts, dispersal rockets, phase, and glimmer missiles fly, and fighters and helians explode, with graceful silver escape pods racing out of the system. Four fighters collide, blowing up, and the helians are gone. The CW picks off the rest of the fighters, boards a disabled arada, guns blazing on stun. they capture the captain, and take him back to RA space, knowing they dont have the resorces to do a ground assault. the RA warship empties the rest of its glimmer missiles on the surface of the asteroid, before heading back to RA space at 40% sheilds.
The warship makes it back to RA space, noting that only 5 escape pods made it back... their targeting must've been off by a fraction, probably ended up in Galactica or Horoth space.... but who knows? the Pirate prisiner is taken to a padded cell after he tries to kill himself.
Meanwhile, REDchigh gets the message, and tells the horoth to lead the way. The Horoth gasp as the flagship leaves orbit, with suprising speed, the Flagship is designed to give signatures and scans to match a station. The Flagship accompanies the clippers and destroyer back to horoth..

Research way to mass produce and outfit: 2 posts

(the RA fleet never noticed the base on the planet, but they assume its nearby)

<Hail to base from RAS Jesreid>
:I'll be gone longer than expected. Jess is in charge until i get back:
<end hail>

------------------
The Future never was, yet is always to be, no one ever sees it, nor ever will. And yet it is the confidence of all to live and breathe on this blue and green terrestrial ball.

(This message has been edited by -REDCHIGH- (edited 07-24-2001).)

(This message has been edited by -REDCHIGH- (edited 07-24-2001).)

On the way to the Horath system, REDchighs flagship scans reveal massive minefields inhabiting subspace in the links surrounding Horoth space. Any unauthorized fleets would be destroyed utterly trying to get to horoth space.

The fleet arrives at the Horath system, passing through an area of space that seems to be shimmering with energy. Seconds after passing through the area, the energy barrier solidifies, barring anything from passing through.

REDchighs flagship is hailed from Horoth Defence Center by Prime Leader RMA:
"Welcome to the Horath system. Procced to Leh'mah, 4th moon of Horoth Prime. We will be able to talk their.
"We also have a gift for you. Several escape pods emitting beacons in your channels where found north of Horoth space. It is fortunate they did not have a longer range, or they would have come into contact with our minefields, which would have assured their destruction. Unfortunately, we can not afford for our minefields to be set any other way, since the Akrahd have tried many times to trick us. They have fortunately failed every time.
"I await your presence"
End Transmisison

---------
8 turns till fusion scoops are completed.
Satelite replication procceds.
---------
OOC:By the way, since horoth ships are lightweight, they can move very well. You dont need powerful engines if your ships dont mass much. They can maneuver just as well as more expensive ships.

------------------

Rima was back on the main planet and was noting the success so far in researching the ship. It wouldn't take as it had been.(9 more posts)Rima walked down through the goverment buildings and found a report that her people were getting a bit grumpy. For some reason they had decided they wanted more ships and weapons. Rima sighed. Ever since they had escaped her people were nervous and wanted better guns and better ships. They still liked trading but a fleet of traders to another planet always had escorts even though there were never any attacks. She grimaced and then slipped away to the shipyard and onto a Lazira with the name SilverLight on it's side in silver. She got out into space and immediately she was travelling out and hyperspacing to another system.

------------------
The earth is burning up and were all going to die. are lungs burn for fresh air as we smother in ash

A Destroyer and a fleet of Clippers is sent to the Miranu, giving the same offer as given to the other races.
--------
Time on Fusion Scoop:7 turns.

------------------

"Of course we'll be willing to accompany you to your home system," Thunder said to the Horoth captain. "I'll assign a dozen Kayan aradas and two of our gunships to join you - they will arrive in orbit shortly."

"Acknowledged," the Horoth captain replied.

Two minutes passed, and then the Horoth noticed about a dozen whitish ships approaching their formation from South Tip Station.

"This is the Kayan squadron..." the lead Kayan vessel said. "We're ready to go, Horoth vessels. Lead the way."

------------------

The Flagship finds Leh'mah, and opens hail. "This is Dave, of the RA. Requesting clearence to land."
"Welcome Premeire, you are already cleared. proceed"
The flagship hovers above the port for a while, searching for a dock large enough, not finding one, the Flagship releases 2 fighters, and the fighters land. Dave and a bodyguard, is in one, and the other has an engineer, a soldier, and cargo room. A trio of soldiers comes up to Dave, and escorts him to the capitol, where he waits for RMA. He flips open his laptop just for a second, and sends a message to Jess, telling her to talk to Lawrence about solving the pirate problem while he's gone. He also has a message from the engineering department, saying that the SDMs are almost complete, and will be done in less than a week. RED replies, telling them to only arm 5 Crescent warships with them, and upgrade the shields and weopons on them, and coat the hull with an extra 12 inches of silver to give it a strong armor.. an attachment has a list of the total ships available to the RA, and Dave glances at them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05 Silver Warships
20 Crescent warships
30 S. Laziras
55 S. Aradas
90 Helians
100 S. Crescent Fighters
60 Freight-couriers, with 2 silver turrets and a Glimmer missile launcher with 15 missiles.

40 of The Couriers are in intergalactic convoys of 10, with two aradas, 5 helians, and 8 fighters in each convoy. the other 20 do independent inter-system and inter-govt shipping between RA planets. There are two Warships, 3 Laziras, 6 aradas, 10 Helians, and 15 fighters in every system, with the other ships patrolling and keeping orbit around Rigel Prime. The Silver Warships are in underground bunkers on Rigel Prime, being outfitted with the SDM's. Will be finished in another week.
--------------------------------
Research way to mass produce and outfit: 1 post

------------------

Hawk walked down the streets of New Boston’s starport. It was like any other human port, typical and such. His eyes took in the sights and sounds, but much perfered places like Kisal or Mira before that world’s shatterment. Before he had come out onto the starport from his ship, he had sent a message in Kissani to a hidden place.

His eyes focused in on the security personel, escspecially those who had been following him for more then a few minutes. Did they know who he was or were they just looking for trobule? The Kisani stopped, his hand drawing the small rod from its sheat.

The guards came to him and stopped. They stepped forward, and a blurry one short of six feet and obiously the leader, his uniform proclaiming him a sergant, and said, “Sir, on behalf of President Carnotaur, you are to come with us immeadiatly. You are wanted in his prescene and he asked me to do it peacefully.” The man’s hand went to his holstered sidearm.

The Kisani sighed, having not the time for this. “Is that so, good sergant. I will see who I want when I want. I don’t care if Emperor of the Voinian Empire wanted to see me. Move aside, please.”

This seemed to have gotten the sergant mad for he drew a small club, a peace keeping weapon most likely. He repeated himself, this time a little more forcefully. Hawk Kael’s eyes flashed with mischief; althought a he had yet to pass into his second century of life, the Kisani had gained much training in many of things, learning from some trusted people during his hiding. It had been a good while since he had had a good fight.

Hawk shook the small rod in his hand and smiled. The rod suddenly burst out, transforming into a staff two meters long. At the tip of it, there was a small hole, just barly noticeable. The rouge swung the staff at the sergant, who barely ducked the blow; the staff’s tip flew over the sergant and into the guard behind and to his left on the chin, knocking him flat. The sudden offswing took the balance from the Kisani, who fought to keep his balance. Stabling himself, he came reading his staff for another swing.

He came to face two blasters pointed at him, trained with percision. The sergant said, “Drop your weapon and I will not shoot. Now you can either spend the night in the jailhouse or come see President Carnotaur. Personally, I would go see the president if I were you. The meals in jail are a killer.” The guard that Hawk had knocked flat stood up and rubbed his jaw, which had a nice bruise welling up, was otherwise whole.

Hawk could see he was in trobule. Shaking his staff once more, the Kisani shrunk it and handed it over to the sergant. With that two of the guard postioned themselves behind Hawk and the sergant led the way to Carnotaur.

On their way, the sergant contacted Carnotaur and said, “Mr. President, sir, we have your man in hand and will be there shortly. You’re also probably not going to be pleased with some events. I’ll explain when I deliever Mr. Kael to you. Security out.”

The Kisani sighed inwardly. This was not going to go well...

------------------