The Gadzair Pattern

G A D Z A I R
I G A D Z R A
Z I D A G A R
A Z D G A R I

We've all noticed it, we've all wondered "what does it mean?" Well, the answer is that is
has no meaning, except in the idle speculation of board members. There is a lot of speculation about it that I have seen, and thus I decided it would be worthwhile to start a topic on what people thought of this mystery of Escape Velocity Override.

Recently I have created a pattern within there, which I suppose is striving to find meaning in nothing, but it is interesting.

The Qualities Pattern
G A D Z AI R
I G A D Z R A

Z I D A G AR
A
Z D G A R I

Take each letter and give them a meaning. (the second A is included and placed as A*)

G = Technology
A = Size
D = Speed
Z = Melodrama
A*= Raiding
I = Weaponry
R = Hostility

Each title thus goes in order of which of these properties is most important to it.

G A D Z A I R*
A race to which technology (G) is obviously quite important. Next comes their size (A), as they controlled a huge empire in their time, we know that. We've all seen Crescent ships, and they are fast (D), you have to admit. For the Gadzair to spawn the Zidagar they must have some melodrama (Z), if not much. Same with raiding (A*). Crescent weaponry (I) isn't really good at brute power, we know that. And finally, if the Gadzair had so much power for so long and don't control the galaxy, and also Council stay peaceful, they can't be very hostile ®

I G A D Z R A*
Igadzra ships have the SAE, and they research the Igadzra beam, very powerful weapons (I)
The SAE is extremely advanced, as are their shields, so they are good with technology (G), since they research the Plasma Siphon and Igadzra Beam too. Igadzra also control a large empire (A). Getting into the negatives, their ships aren't particularly fast (D), they aren't melodramatic (Z), are quite hostile ® (more hostile than other races, and themselves and the hostile Azdgari are the only ones with R not at the end) and finally can't really raid (A*)

Z I D A G A*R
Melodramatic (Z), we know. Excellent with weaponry (I) like the phased beamer, excellent with speed (D), as good as the Azdgari (they have an extremely fast warship that performs like a fighter , and the second fastest fighter). Zidagar are medium in size (A). They aren't very much into research (G) (not as true as some of the others, sadly), they do not raid (A*), and aren't that hostile all in all.

A*Z D G A R I
They raid (A*). As little as it shows at first, Azdgari are melodramatic, if you think about it. They see themselves as valiant raiders, after all. Azdgari are fast (D), and are good with research (G). They aren't very large in size of empire or ships (A) are quite hostile ® and not really into designing powerful weapons (I).

Using this system, exact names (good or bad sounding) can be created from a race's attributes. It's all a little far fetched, but I like that system.

Has anyone else made some notes about those four races?

------------------
"That's all very nice, but where are the guns?"
- SilverDragon

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 06-09-2001).)

You have waaaayyy too much free time! 😛

------------------
"I don't want to insist on it, Dave, but I am incapable of making an error" - HAL 9000

Sweet observations! I agree with all of it.

(Maybe "grrrrr" has a meaning...)

------------------
Visit my SpaceStation Pheta page at (url="http://"http://thor2488.homestead.com/index.html")http://thor2488.home....com/index.html(/url)
Or the (url="http://"http://www.coolboard.com/myboards.cfm?oid=88975708993460")forums(/url)

this has been pointed out before. remember?

Also

I
G
A
Z

have been used. there are two A's so you can make two more using

R
D

which can be

RAGIDAZ
or
DAZIRA
G

The RAGIDAZ are hostile ® and don't trust anyone and raid (A) frequently. Their technology (G) could be advanced from the stolen parts. Their weapons (I) could be powerful but not as powerful as Igazdra and would be moderatley fast (D) and would be small (A) yet powerful and wouldn't be melodramtic. They'd unterstand the object of a scrape

someone else can do the DAZA*RIG if they want or make their own

------------------
My very first EVO Chronichle called "The UE's Dread" Followed by the "U.E.S. Inconvertrable" Then "What Happened to Huron" finally "Ontario the Azdara"
What do you think?

I'm doing a plug-in on the Dargiza, but I haven't made it fit the pattern, sadly (for example, they're really not that fast, but have rather powerful weapons and good technology.).

------------------
Signature 2.0 is in developement.
Beta will start soon.

Originally posted by Mirrorman:
**I'm doing a plug-in on the Dargiza, but I haven't made it fit the pattern, sadly (for example, they're really not that fast, but have rather powerful weapons and good technology.).

Ah well, you'll just have to completely change it then.

------------------
If you have any complaints about my behavior, please direct them to a brick wall.