About game-speed

Of some strange reason did I reduce the game-speed (to 80%) and completely forgot that I did so. When I finaly realized my mistake and re-adjusted it did I noted that it didn't only affected the speed itself, also the range of my weapons. Both primary and secondary. The AI's weapons wasn't affected at all. Thus, MP-ing was a destructive strategy. So, avoid changing the game-speed unless you love to ride escape-pods, or want to raise the difficulty level..

------------------
Segla i medvind

Nej du, sejlet er i modvind 😉

------------------

I did not know that Ask to Matt, he may be able to answer.

Well, we can begin to form a "coming-from-countries-where-english-not-spoken" group

------------------
M'enfin!
Y'a personne qui parle français ici?

...or crank the speed up a little and perhaps your weapons will reach further. It's because the duration of shots is calculated in absolute terms (seconds) and is unaffected by game speed.

I crank the game speed up to 225% (and set caps lock on) if my shields are low. Otherwise I get bored by the time the shields have recharged back up to 15%... I wade back into the fight, and get blown to pieces!

Otherwise, I don't think I've ever changed the game speed. Everything feels about right at 100%. Still, if you feel that the Monty Python is a fundamentally dishonest tactic, you could try dropping game speed, thus reducing the reach of your guns.

(This message has been edited by VoinianAmbassador (edited 05-30-2001).)

I don't mind Pythoning, but I only really do it against the Dreadnought.

Welcome to the boards, Ubbelubb!

Oh, by the way, Pedro,
Je parle français, mais j'habite en Amerique.

------------------
Let's see...they're diamonds on wheels. Cool.

Matt did that one purpose to discourage people from abusing the game speed.

------------------
--mikeeJ: Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy / Linux Zealot
Suggestions, complaints, comments? Feel free to email me: zergess@yahoo.com
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus

Another interesting thing to note is that at maximum game speed (225%), the AI doesn't use certain slow-firing weapons. I am uncertain which specific weapons, but I think that SAD mods aren't fired. I just wish the same went for rockets. Dang Voinians . . .

I've never had any problem whatsoever dodging Voinian Rockets, they're way too slow.

------------------
So go on the internet game sites and bash all the PC users!

Originally posted by Dawnshine:
**Nej du, sejlet er i modvind

What did you just call me? 🙂

------------------
P L A T Y P U S

The same happens if you expand or reduce screen size.

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner..

"I wake, I work, I sleep, I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life has passed and all I've been, shall never touch the Earth again." - Ballad of skyfarm 3. - Alpha Centuari

Now if you think it's to slow, and don't want to mess up the weapon strategies, you might consider speed plug 1.0 😉 (sorry, perfect time for an ad IMO).

------------------
Diddly,
Recursive: adj. See Recursive