imposible missions

hey,
i've been playing evo for 4 days, and now i'm stuck, i always get "impossible " missions. like: destroy renegade fleet in troub system, destroy all raiders in system dsn-xxxx, can somby please tell me how to get past them..?

thx
Q

------------------
--Does somebody know a good cinema 4D 6 XL tutorial?

Get a good ship such as a cresent warship and hire or capture lots of cresent warships. thats how i did it.

------------------

It depends. The best choice is to get a better ship, and get some experience destroying random targets. I suggest you keep those government missions up, though, since the governments can get very angry with you if you abort it, especially the Voinians.

Experience is probably better. A UE Fighter (do UE military missions first, they
appear in the bar and have more detail than other missions you can do many times, to
get one) can win in any of those encounters if you know what you are doing.

Welcome to the boards, and if you have any more questions please ask on this topic.

------------------
"That's all very nice, but where's the guns?"
- SilverDragon

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 05-22-2001).)

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
Experience is probably better. A UE Fighter (do UE military missions first, they
appear in the bar and have more detail than other missions you can do many times, to
get one) can win in any of those encounters if you know what you are doing.

yes, i can even buy an UE Cruiser... i don't think an UE Fighter is fast enough to escape from Crescent fighters, or am i mistaking?

Welcome to the boards, and if you have any more questions please ask on this topic.

Hey thx...

o, i got another question, how do you get azdgari missions? (i'm interested in their fast ships..)

Q

------------------

No, you're correct. It sounded like your missions were human ones, so I assumed you wouldn't be matching against Crescent Fighters. I tend to use the Crescent Fighter with speed upgrades, because it has greater speed than any but one ship - the Azdara. However, my Crescent Fighter is outfitted to defeat those pesky flies, which it does well.

Azdgari...... <teeth grates> Well, I would never join with those worthless scum. I will tell you how, though.

Go to the Strandless space in the south, I believe, and hang around the bars. Others may give you exact places, but that would spoil it. You'll need a fast ship, and a good
knowledge of the space to the galactic east.

------------------
- SilverDragon

**No, you're correct. It sounded like your missions were human ones, so I assumed you wouldn't be matching against Crescent Fighters.

sorry, my mistake

I tend to use the Crescent Fighter with speed upgrades, because it has greater speed than any but one ship - the Azdara. However, my Crescent Fighter is outfitted to defeat those pesky flies, which it does well.

maybe i should try that.. (what about the sad-pods?)

Azdgari...... <teeth grates> Well, I would never join with those worthless scum. I will tell you how, though.

hey, can you tell me why not?

wich of the "strands" (or whatever they are called) should i join?

(i'm now stuck with a mission of the zidara, i thought their ship was cool, but i still don't got acces to it...)

Go to the Strandless space in the south, I believe, and hang around the bars. Others may give you exact places, but that would spoil it. You'll need a fast ship, and a good
knowledge of the space to the galactic east.

oops, knowledge of the space? djee, those names are to difficult...

thanx

Q

------------------

djee, (yet another question),

how can you get rid of the annoying bounty hunters?

thx

ps. please forgive me all my spelling errors in all my posts, i'm 15 years old and from Belgium

------------------

I'm 13, but hey, that doesn't mean anything.

I don't really mind about the Strands people pick. I myself am a Zidagar, and I sometimes captain a Zidara. For the Zidagar missions, you have to take them right to the end, often picking up new bits of the whole Zidagar mission string (all important Zidagar missions) at different times, sometimes with low chances of them coming up.

I dislike the Azdgari because I see them as cowardly, and I think the Azdara is too good (they also get a technology at one point that can make a ship near invincible - it's a shield regenerator)

From UE space, go east then south. You'll come across human renegades, then alien renegades. Push south further and you come to a large patch of Strandless land. They are people kicked out of the Three Strands - Azdgari, Zidagar and Igadzra, who were once part of Gadzair (yes, yes, similar names) as you may know.

For bounty hunters......... Well, you've obviously captured a planet or station. Well done with your achievement, but as far as I know the bounty hunters will just keep coming. For that reason I get all the money I want from tribute and then "give" the systems back (check the hailing planet options)

Or I just don't bother capturing planets. But it's often better to take them, just not my style.

Don't worry about your spelling. A couple of people might think you're stupid because of them, but make sure to fill your posts with sensible, useful answers and people will respect you, and ignore the spelling mistakes.

------------------
- SilverDragon

**I'm 13, but hey, that doesn't mean anything.

hey, nice to meet you..

how long have you been playing evo?

I don't really mind about the Strands people pick. I myself am a Zidagar, and I sometimes captain a Zidara. For the Zidagar missions, you have to take them right to the end, often picking up new bits of the whole Zidagar mission string (all important Zidagar missions) at different times, sometimes with low chances of them coming up.

did you pass the destroy all the raiders?

i always think: that wasthe last one,.. but when i arrive back at outpost maloch, there comes.. nothing... :frown:

I dislike the Azdgari because I see them as cowardly, and I think the Azdara is too good (they also get a technology at one point that can make a ship near invincible - it's a shield regenerator)

hey cool, i didn't know they had a shield regenerator... can you use that on another ship too? (probably not)

From UE space, go east then south. You'll come across human renegades, then alien renegades. Push south further and you come to a large patch of Strandless land. They are people kicked out of the Three Strands - Azdgari, Zidagar and Igadzra, who were once part of Gadzair (yes, yes, similar names) as you may know.

hehe, i think the names come from a generator...
i checked all the bars, but didn't find one :frown:,

mby it is because i did some zidagar missions already...

For bounty hunters......... Well, you've obviously captured a planet or station. Well done with your achievement, but as far as I know the bounty hunters will just keep coming. For that reason I get all the money I want from tribute and then "give" the systems back (check the hailing planet options)

Or I just don't bother capturing planets. But it's often better to take them, just not my style.

yes, i did capture a few planets, i'm receiving about 14000 creds a day... but i dont take any more, it takes to long to destroy whole the fleet...

Don't worry about your spelling. A couple of people might think you're stupid because of them, but make sure to fill your posts with sensible, useful answers and people will respect you, and ignore the spelling mistakes.

------------------

1.5 years, about, in total. I haven't played in nearly a year now, though.

The Zidagar missions for killing raiders aren't important ones. Look around the
planet Zidagar for the major ones.

The Azdgari Shield Generator can be used on any ship you complete the mission in,
but if you buy a new ship you lose it.

Yeah, sorry, I assumed it was a new game save. You can't play two or three of the
Strands unless you get the first mission from one, and get the first missions from
the others before you complete them. You have to carry on like that to the end, and
you need a ship with a 1 day jump time to do some of the missions.

------------------
- SilverDragon

He doesn't really hate the azdgari. His 'alternate personality' loves them.

Welcome to the boards (anyone noticed how sinister that sounds?)

------------------
In keeping with the middle ages theme of today's Blue Peter, we'll be learning how to make our own Iron Maiden.
You will need: Some Thick Cardboard
Some Kebab Skewers and
A bicyle chain.

To complete the Troub (and Pariah) renegade missions, get something fast. I always do this mission in a upgraded Arada, so that I can outrun the huge tumbers of kraits. Outfit your Arada with as many long-range phase cannons as you can get, and finish the kraits using certain menuver methods. The 10+ Turncoats shouldn't be a problem, as they never stand up long against a well-equipt Arada.

------------------
~Captain Skyblade

President of the Corsair Development Team
(url="http://"http://artworks.tmgmedia.net")Corsair Homepage(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub57.ezboard.com/bcorsairdevelopers")Corsair Web Board(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub101.ezboard.com/bstarbasedelta")Starbase Delta(/url)

The Zidagar mission you are on is important - destroying all the Azdgari raiders in DSN-2189? I believe, then heading back to Outpost Maloch. Use the uninhabited planet in the system there to check there are no more. If you land it will save with however many you have killed, and more will be there when you take off if there are still more. This is useful as some of them might have checked out of the system while you couldn't see.

After you complete that mission you'll be just one or two off having access to the Zidara, which, although it has annoying stuff that you can't strip out, is my pick of the Strand capital ships for its manoeuvrability and general good looks :).

There's a dirty trick that you an use for some of these missions. Look at the mission description by pressing "I" while in flight. See if your actual goal is to "destroy" the fleet or simply to "disperse" or "drive off" the fleet. If the latter is the case, get the cloaking device and warp into the system while holding down "U." You will cloak the instant you come out of hyperspace, and the fleet will not see you. With no one to fight, they will soon leave the system. When this occurs, you have effectively "driven off" the enemy and completed the mission. 😄

------------------
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.
Si vous pouvez lire ce, grande affaire!
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum;=Just+Games&number;=60&DaysPrune;=20&LastLogin;=")Just Games(/url), because wasting time is a beautiful thing
(url="http://"http://www.wwiiplug.f2s.com")The WWII Plug-in for EVO(/url), coming sooner or later...

Yes.....welcome to the boards.

(Great Scott, that is sinister...)

------------------
"You are gentle and kind.....but that isn't enough. You must be strong too, for evil will overpower you if you are not strong. You must be like steel, strong and invulnerable, yet bending under certain circumstances."
-Phoenix
"That is called a droid decoy. This is called a trap. And I'm calling you dead."
-Phoenix

Originally posted by StarStrafer:
**There's a dirty trick that you an use for some of these missions. Look at the mission description by pressing "I" while in flight. See if your actual goal is to "destroy" the fleet or simply to "disperse" or "drive off" the fleet. If the latter is the case, get the cloaking device and warp into the system while holding down "U." You will cloak the instant you come out of hyperspace, and the fleet will not see you. With no one to fight, they will soon leave the system. When this occurs, you have effectively "driven off" the enemy and completed the mission.:D

`
hey, where can i get the cloak, i once had one, but my ship with it was destroyed and i had to buy another....

Q

------------------

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
**To complete the Troub (and Pariah) renegade missions, get something fast. I always do this mission in a upgraded Arada, so that I can outrun the huge tumbers of kraits. Outfit your Arada with as many long-range phase cannons as you can get, and finish the kraits using certain menuver methods. The 10+ Turncoats shouldn't be a problem, as they never stand up long against a well-equipt Arada.

hey, maybe i should try this.... after school...

got to go now..

Q

------------------

You could also run, run away!!!

------------------
"Sir, victory of the bladder over the mind is inevitable"-James T. Farrell

Originally posted by Imperial Phoenix:
**Yes.....welcome to the boards.

(Great Scott, that is sinister...)

It is! It's freaky!

"Welcome... to the tank."
Mr. Ackerman

------------------
In keeping with the middle ages theme of today's Blue Peter, we'll be learning how to make our own Iron Maiden.
You will need: Some Thick Cardboard
Some Kebab Skewers and
A bicyle chain.

I destroyed the renegade fleet in the troub system,

thanks for all your tips !

------------------
--The world is spinning to fast...