Just a quick note on tollerance... (If the mods could spare a moment)

Now Voinian Earth has been convinced to return - no don't cringe try to be more positive - He is probably going to take a little time to settle in and learn how to behave apropriately because he is most likely quite young and new to the net. I ask that you tollerate a bit of the rules being bent as per spam and smiley use and rather than karma just tell him what he is doing wrong in an email for say... two weeks? Is that to much to ask? After that if he still hasn't changed I dunno. Do what you will but give him this time to get to know how the place works.

Thank you, for his sake.

~Azdara.

------------------
"How can I make it go faster?" -Me-

I dunno how many mods are like this, but I am very open with the way and rules by which I moderate...

I have no problem with someone accidently breaking the rules. What I have no tolerance for is someone knowingly breaking the rules of common sense, whether or not they know the specific board rules or not.

In cases where I see someone made an accident or did something and really didn't know it was wrong, I am very careful and tolerant. I know that in many cases, karma slaps would be out of line... someone just needs to know they aren't supposed to do something, I tell them and they stop. Now, if they are doing things they know they shouldn't of done in the first place, they lose karma. I felt to let VE go without losing karma for what he did, even though he knows darn well he shouldn't of done it in the first place, would be a free pass to let him get away with anything in the future.

- In short, I only drop karma when I feel it is absolutly needed. I feel it would be wrong just to "punish" someone when they did not mean to do harm -accidents and misunderstandings are another matter.

------------------
mikeeJ | Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy | zergess@yahoo.com
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus

(This message has been edited by Soviet mikee (edited 05-09-2001).)

And Azdara, I think this should be for all to hear:

I really appreciate people going the extra effort to help someone out. The fact that you stuck up for someone that many hated -and tried to get the board to give him a second chance is very noble.

I've been a regular for almost 2 years now, and have lurked around the old EV site even longer... I really hated times when board members fought amongst each other and were unfriendly to new members. The idea that you welcomed him back is great, and an even better sign that the boards have gotten better with time.

Well done.

------------------

Originally posted by Soviet mikee:

- In short, I only drop karma when I feel it is absolutly needed. I feel it would be wrong just to "punish" someone when they did not mean to do harm -accidents and misunderstandings are another matter.

When do you raise karma?

------------------
I try to think but nothing happens!- Ultimate Rebel

Originally posted by Ultimate Rebel:
**When do you raise karma?

Ha! The rules and principles of karma raising is to be known only be me 😉

I only raise karma when someone does something out of the ordinary, more than they should... and also that I know they aren't doing it just to get more karma...

------------------

I have spoken with Voinian Earth, and he has promised to stop spamming and excessively using Graemlins. However, I will be monitoring his posting for a while to make sure he sticks to this and to warn him if he is in danger of losing Karma.

------------------
Visit cheese.com! It's great!

Thanks mikee. I think some people just need a gentle push in the right direction.

You, my friend are going to be one of the best mods we have have yet. Andrew should have done the promo sooner.

~A~

------------------

Everyone deserves second chances as long as there is no permanent damage, I say.

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get! Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk! I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma! Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
AIM: StrikerDragon

That was very nice Azdara, you didn't have to stick up for him. 🙂 Soviet Mikee, did you raise his karma?(If you didn't, you should because he deserves it)

------------------
Join Crawlers new ikonboard here (url="http://"http://www.crawler.f2s.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi")http://www.crawler.f...d/ikonboard.cgi(/url)

Originally posted by Titan:
**That was very nice Azdara, you didn't have to stick up for him.:) Soviet Mikee, did you raise his karma?(If you didn't, you should because he deserves it)

Actually it will raise back to 0 as he posts more.

------------------

Actually I think he was talking about me... 😉
sniff I can take it.

No, I think he did already, I was kinda shocked when I saw it had gone up. Never thought about it that way. Anyhow, hopefully VE will keep inline now.

~A~

------------------