Creating new worlds

Up until now I have been editing the orginal levels. Now, I realize that I must know how to make orginal levels. I am having trouble with the pxTiles. I do not understand the opening new level dialog box, could some one explain this to me? I am trying to make an ice level with Iceconoclasm background at about 256x256 without the pxMid. I don't quite know what to do. I copy & pasted the level info from Iceconoclasm, but that did not loop the image. Any ideas?

------------------
Apu: Well, if the police won't help us, we'll simply have to take the law into our own hands.
Wiggum: Yeah, yeah! A lot of people are doing that these days.

I've found that messing around with the level create thing is just utterly impossible to learn how to do. I think you're on the right track about editing the existing levels. However what I do is simply erase all the tiles and sprites from one of there levels (its easier if you pick one from the same realm as your new level is). To try and help your spefic problem you'll want to just copy the entire Iceconclasm level from the original game file into yours. This can only be done with a resource editor like ResEdit. From there open your new level on your game file and delete the pxMid and whatever else. While its slightly more roundabout than just making a new level, I think it's much easier.

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Yes, that is what I have been doing. However, how can I make a level of different proportions? Does anyone know what the opening dialog needs to be to work without those tiny rectangles?

------------------
Apu: Well, if the police won't help us, we'll simply have to take the law into our own hands.
Wiggum: Yeah, yeah! A lot of people are doing that these days.