Webstories

I just thought I'd start a topic for debate about webstories. For example:

• Are webstories just a way of getting high post counts?

• Are webstories a good idea?

• How much webstories should be around at a time? Should a limit of 2 or so on
    the EVO board be agreed to?

• Which webstory has been the favourite on these boards? Light Beyond the Shadow,
    Red Horizon, Dark Shadow, Warfare, Reign of Chaos, Dark Tide, or Bubaganoosh's
    "Epic Adventure"? (If I've missed any please tell me)

• Which webstory has been the best overall?

• What sort of webstory do you like?

----------------------------

Some Webstory Based Notes:

• Warfare and Dark Shadow have begun to lose interest.

• Sokaro Divide is coming up to a major point - the fate of the Krenal. Soon
    the game will be halted for background developments.

• Apocalyptic Night is short many players. It has been re-opened after briefly
    being closed, but the positions of Deltion Rebel, Haldazar and Orion Union are
    inactive. Deltion will be posting by Friday.

• In uEVORPG the Zidagar are now available to attack (this is actually and RPG,
    but they are very similar things, so I'm listing it).

• Golden Horizon will begin in about a week, I'm assuming. The map and some other
    things need to be made.

• Majestic Wing will most likely follow Sokaro Divide on the EVEA.

• The sequel of Reign of Chaos, rubbed "Return of the Garland" until a better
    name is agreed to, will take place after Golden Horizon has been completed.

-------------------------------

Please feel free to add any notes to this topic, as well as answering whatever
questions you'd like to. Thank you.

- Esponer

------------------
Fear not the dragon,
Fear not the wolf,
Fear not the warship,
Fear my Crescent Fighter.

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 05-07-2001).)

I don't like 'em. Don't like your 'F-25 Bar' and 'Freeport bar' topics and the like. Look at it this way. In just under two months, you've notched up 901 posts. On Blazer's 'Faith' board, there are now 545 posts in one month--between about 20 people, probably more! And that's an active board, it's not somniatic.

Nah, I don't like 'em.

jon

------------------
Grubs! That's what we're gooing to eat! That's why they call it grub! And what're we gonna do to get the grub? Why, we're grubbing for it!

I don't like bars much - going to stop joining them soon, actually, now I already
feel I know what people are like.

But I doubt more than 200 of my posts can be in bars and webstories, so post of
my "insane posting" is outside that.

------------------
Fear not the dragon,
Fear not the wolf,
Fear not the warship,
Fear my Crescent Fighter.

Red Horizon was the BEST EVER. I seriously drew maps and battle plans and discussed strats. It was incredible.
2nd=Reign of Chaos. Also very fun, not quite as captivating.

In general, I like a story with a familiar map and plot or easy to learn (The main problem with apoc. night), with a lot of freedom. and lots of people, but not too many. Also not so many rules. And things shouldnt take so long, like research. the game must continue and grow at a reasonable pace.

------------------
Is the answer to this question 'no'?
Chaos to the enemies of the Azdgari

Yeah, I like webstories. I'm basically just sitting here, waiting for a new one to start for me to check out. Oh, yeah, and I'm waiting for Reign of Chaos sequel.

------------------
"quote me, I'm cool, really" -Cone (StarStrafer)
Speculum : An instrument for dilating the opening of a body cavity for medical examination.
Poirot smily lives on

I think it is kinda a waste they are full of it because you can not do stuff that easy but also they are fun.

I agree that Dark Shadow and Warfare are losing a lot of interest (pushed to or past the second page even). I don't think webstories are a waste though, as long as it's the kind where the plot is planned out, easy to get (some people might not have as good comprehension as me), and interesting. Also, we might soon be accepting players for Majestic Wing, or whenever Sokaro will be done. If you don't know what the EVEA (Escape Velocity Epic Adventures) is, it's where stories are posted, and you can put in your own ideas if you want. (url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/bevoadventures")Here(/url) is the link.

------------------
Why settle for a $3 pound of pork meat, when you can get up to 50+ pounds of human meat free?

My favorite was Red horrizen, it was my first webstory, I also found Dark tide very fun.

------------------
This account is being controled by the Ambrosia secret police, DO NOT interfere with its misson, or you will will regret it.

Well I hope everyone likes Golden Horizon. And I think I'll be able to start Golden Horizon in, at the maximum, 2 weeks. I'm still not sure on that one.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).