please!!!!!!

For all of you able please raise my Karma. Or it would be pretty cool to be a galatic scorge. thanks, or If you want to lower it then the correct thing for me to say is "go to helll". really I dont to get kicked off so I said it with 3 L's.

------------------
its not kids in the backseat that cause accidents, its accidents in the backseat that cause kids. y'all come in here and check this out before I flush it. computers let us do stupid things faster.

NEVER ask for Karma!!!

------------------
"Things that try to look like things often do look more like things than things, well known fact."
-Granny Weatherwax

Why not? :mad:

------------------
its not kids in the backseat that cause accidents, its accidents in the backseat that cause kids. y'all come in here and check this out before I flush it. computers let us do stupid things faster.

You have to earn karma, not beg for it. Personally, I don't worry about it. As long as it doesn't get low, I tend to ignore it. For example, if you performed an act of extreme kindosity, (I can make up words like that if I want to) you might get a karma point. On the other hand, if you posted spam and swore a lot, the mods would probably lower your karma substantially and maybe even ban you.

Karma is a complicated thing. Difficult to obtain, easy to lose.

------------------
I'm right.
(url="http://"http://www.pftn.f2s.com") Pilot File Trading Network (/url)

And don't do mad smilies at me. I will hunt you down.

------------------
"Things that try to look like things often do look more like things than things, well known fact."
-Granny Weatherwax

1. You have done very little to help the webboards.

2. You have been around for about 2 hours.

3. You have 9 posts, and 2 of those have been asking for karma.

4. People out there have done MUCH more for the boards than you, have hundreds
of posts, and haven't got karma upgrades.

5. You don't have a very good attitude towards this. Karma is HARD to get. Very
hard. It's not a right you have after posting a couple of times - you have to
impress the moderators, and that is extremely hard, since each new moderator is,
I think, told not to give out too much karma, so they then take that to extremes.
Captain Carnotaur, a moderator, has raised karma only once or twice TOTAL.

6. Asking for karma is the greatest sign of a newbie, and newbies can't really
get karma. Once you shed the "newbie" title (don't ask how, it just comes) you
stand a chance.

7. Moderators dislike people asking for karma. They might dislike it less if you
supplied a reason, but I doubt it.

8. Remarks such as your angry "why not?" will only further annoy both us members
and moderators.

9. A friendly tip. Don't upset any members. Moderators will notice, and often they'll
be moderators with many member friends.

10. Posts with one to two letters pretty much get you LOWER karma.

11. Saying "don't lower my karma" won't stop them. It'll encourage them.

12. Have a nice day.

------------------
Fear not the dragon,
Fear not the wolf,
Fear not the warship,
Fear my Crescent Fighter.

SilverDragon, when and how did you get your karma?

I just ask out of curiousity

••The Crab

------------------
Let's pretend you don't hate me for a second, then try posting.
If this was a great world, then what the hell am I doing in it?

Well, I got it on the EV boards about 2 weeks ago for:

"Most people prefer 2 well designed governments over half a dozen badly
design ones."
- Whether EV or EVO is better

I lost it today because of forge, but another moderator was nice enough to
give me it back for forge being unfair. 🙂

------------------
Fear not the dragon,
Fear not the wolf,
Fear not the warship,
Fear my Crescent Fighter.

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

------------------

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
Karma is HARD to get. Very hard.

I would say that if you try to get karma, you stand practically no chance of getting it. The only way to get karma is to behave in a helpful and productive manner.

------------------
David Arthur
Talon Plugin for Classic EV: (url="http://"http://members.aol.com/darthur1/talon-ev/")http://members.aol.c...thur1/talon-ev/(/url)

Originally posted by David Arthur:
**I would say that if you try to get karma, you stand practically no chance of getting it. The only way to get karma is to behave in a helpful and productive manner.

heh

------------------
-Granny Weatherwax

Voinian Earth I would recommend you read the FAQs and web board guidelines, ask you were asked to do when you registered. Karma isn't thrown around for those who ask for it, as the boards would be flooded with requests for it and it would thus become, meaningless.

A galatic scourage is a title you get with NEGATIVE karma. So if you want that title and a banning, keep it up.

I only raise and lower karma for people making an extraordinary post. If you are rude, it is lowered, if I see that you are going to go out of your way to help someone -or some other nice/intelligent thing, it is raised. If I can see someone is acting in a way only in the hopes of getting their karma raised, I ignore it.

I see no reason to keep this topic open. I thank everyone who replied in a thoughtful manner.

------------------
mikeeJ | Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy | zergess@yahoo.com
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus

(This message has been edited by Soviet mikee (edited 05-05-2001).)