The trigger-happy Captain Hector.

Well, not that its fully my fault, and there are actually several reasons, but I haven't registered EVO even though I've had it for >100 or >150 days. So, here I am, flying about the galaxy when I see the old Helian belonging to Captain Hector. He flys up to me a gives me a hail as always. Only this time it read "Prepare to die non-shareware playing punk!" and starts shooting me non-stop with his blaze cannons (2 or so). I'm plenty shocked by this and try shooting back, only to find my shots still flew clean through him. I have an incredibly strong ship so I just treated him like an annoying insect, but eventually had to leave once I got to 10% armor.

BTW, anybody ever wonder who Hector was in real life? He's mentioned in Aperion too so I figure its a employee.

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner...

Was there any meaning to that post? Please, this board is mainly for questions..

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get! Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk! I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma! Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
AIM: StrikerDragon

oh yeah, forgot to ask there. sorry. I meant to ask if this has happend to anybody else or if its a glitch.

------------------
If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you don't give a man a fish, you'll have something for dinner...

Originally posted by WarBeast:
**BTW, anybody ever wonder who Hector was in real life? He's mentioned in Aperion too so I figure its a employee.

Hector is Andrew's parrot.

------------------
You don't have to do this! Life is too precious! Good, good, slowly, everything will be OK. Now, put the trout down...

Originally posted by WarBeast:

BTW, anybody ever wonder who Hector was in real life? He's mentioned in Aperion too so I figure its a employee.

Hector is AmbrosiaSw's Pet Parrot.

------------------
The difference in
insantiy and ingenious is
measured just by success.

Yeah. In case you haven't noticed, some bar descriptions have things to do with 'space parrots', such as:

'This bar is decorated with all sorts of miscellaneous junk; fuzzy dices, blurred pictures of space parrots.....'

'In this bar you have to do something heroic do be respected. Things like running blockades, taking out Voinian Cruisers single-handedly, taming space parrots....'

I believe they mean Hector when they say 'space parrots'. Also, in the plug I have for EV, Galactic Scourge, there is a mission where a writer of Escape Velocity tells you about Hector going around blowing people who haven't paid their shareware fee, and asks you to disable Hector's Rapier and bring him to the planet, where he is supposedly drugged and taken to a resort. Some of this may or may not have something to do with the topic, but I just thought it would nice to post. Oh BTW, on that 'Capture Hector' mission you get a Tractor Beam for completing it. I now fly around stopping fighters dead in their tracks (the tractor beam stops ships to the speed of your ship) and pummel them with turrets.

Oh and about your question: it's not a glitch, it's happened to me before, and it's to try and convince people to pay their registration fee. On EVO the mentally ill parrot goes so far as to steal credits from you in the millions.

------------------
' Cross me, you die. Cross me twice, you die again ' —ESPilot

(This message has been edited by ESPilot (edited 04-16-2001).)

I registered the 1. day it came out, so I never experiance Hectra's rath.
(Yes, I did write Hectra on purpose.)

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.wwiiplug.f2s.com/")WW2 Plug-in for EVO(/url)
Plug-in I'm working on with a couple of others.

and if you don't know why its because hector is a girl. and it could have happened 'cos you haven't registered yet.

------------------

That's happened to me in EV, but never EVO even though I've had it for years. He just steals my money.

------------------
I came; I saw; I hid behind a tree.

Same with me. I fought him a lot in EV but he only stole my money in EVO...

------------------
Jude's left. sniff
We'll miss you/are missing you!
sniff sniff

Isn't hector andrews parrot?

------------------
its not kids in the backseat that cause accidents, its accidents in the backseat that cause kids. y'all come in here and check this out before I flush it. computers let us do stupid things faster.