The Monty Python Maneuver

This will probably sound like a stupid question to everybody out there, but I can't find the answer anywhere. What is the Monty Python Manever, and what does it involve?

The Monty Python is when you:

a) Have a longer primary range (phase vs blaze) and fire when they can't.
🆒 Have the same or less range, but do a neat trick:

NEAT TRICK

Get your ship floating backwards the same speed the enemy is coming forward. Fire
from the absolete maximum of your range, and the enemy will get pummeled away, as
the weapon range limit and AI weapon range limit are different - as I see it each
ship has a "- range" stat which lowers weapon range. The Igazra doesn't seem to
have this, although the Lazira VERY much does.

------------------
Jude's left. sniff
We'll miss you/are missing you!
sniff sniff

Alot of people say it's cheating, but you'll probably have used it unconsiously against ships like the Dreadnought.

------------------
I came; I saw; I hid behind a tree.

Not me! I just speared the Dreadnought!

Silver Dragon II???!??!!! Hey dont ride SD's style man!

------------------

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**as I see it each
ship has a "- range" stat which lowers weapon range.

It has to do with the fact that you are moving in a different direction than that of your fire, so it seems to go further, when in fact it goes the same distance from where you fired it.

------------------
You don't have to do this! Life is too precious! Good, good, slowly, everything will be OK. Now, put the trout down...

So why is it the Igazra seems to have a very long range, but I can (if I want)
Monty Python any Laziras without even noticing?

------------------
Jude's left. sniff
sniff sniff

He's right! Enemy Igazras always seem to have a much longer range than other ships.

------------------
I came; I saw; I hid behind a tree.

I think it's because the turrets are placed more or less on the front of the ship (but you wouldn't see it from looking. Even if you wanted to look at it).
~Gav

------------------
Gaviiin: that man who never remembers...

Actually, I looked at the Igazra's specs in ResEdit. It's phase turrets are the only weapons it has that are NOT offset. The SAE's and dispersal rockets have considerable offsets. So the mystery remains, as ResEdit also reveals that they are normal phase turrets, no different from those of any other ship.

------------------
The last time I was on this board, the price of dumb questions was really high.
What am I doing? I'm Chillin™!
(url="http://"http://www.wwiiplug.f2s.com")The WWII Plug-in for EVO(/url), coming soon

I still believe in the "- range" theory.

------------------
Jude's left. sniff
sniff sniff

It could be that the Igazra's advantage is that it is slow. The faster the ship the more you can reduce its range of fire with the MP. I mean there is greater room for error in your MP. All AI ships tend to move slower than their stats anyway.(EXCEPT 1.0.2). Just a theory.