The Dark Tide 3 - The Last Hope

What you need is a break in the alliance between the Voinians and
Corocians - not after everyone else is dead, but now.

I'll rejoin as Igadzra, okay? But I still think I'm in a bad position.

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,
And bring on the silent moon.

I have been away, damn, I also missed the war so now everything has become very boring.

The azdgari forces have been forced to dump some of their navy pilots and so now the Azdgari only have raiding forces and emergency defences in every system, the Azdgari have mostly reverted to farming but are also mining and are coming across some very strange substances.

After some inquiries into the former UE warpgate the Azdgari decide that if they could amplify it and direct a scanning device at it correctly they could try to find a new galaxy, work is starting immediatly.

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

Tell me if this is okay:

"Admiral Esponer, the preparations are ready." an Igadzra captain said.

"How many Igazras can we deploy?" Esponer asked, looking out into the conquered
Igadzra lands.

"Quite a number. Enough to seriously damage our target. Shall we attack?"

"Not yet. Message the Council with the following message:"

I don't know what you think you're doing. You organised the Strands, you set
us up - I know all this now. But you've messed up now. The Zidagar are dead and
the Azdgari don't play your little game anymore. Don't think we don't understand
you - we know what you're up to.

You've really messed up. Watch, my dear Council friends, as the real future
unravels.

"I shall send the message straight away." The captain said.

"Oh, and one more thing." Esponer said.

"Yes, sir?"

"Get that pesky Azdara out of my system."

"Yes, sir."

--------------------

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

Esponer, the Council are gone.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Arg.

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

(Out of character): The one thing that could make this game really interesting is if the Igadzra came through and evened up the sides again. I propose the following background development. I know it requires controlling characters, but I think it's for the good of the game. Revoke it if you wish.

Proposed Continuation:
"Our new technology is ready, and our fleets fully built. The shield harmonizer, doubling the strength of our ships' shields, has been fully integrated. The Igadzra beamers are fully armed, powered, and ready." The Igadzra commander says. "Launch the attack."

Two Corocian patrol ships sit silently in the Valos system, patroling the UE military. Suddenly a fleet of 50 Igazras hypers in and opens fire with strange, green, turreted beams (Igadzra beamer - in the Zidagar mission string in EVO). The Corocians have no chance to mount a counter attack before they are destroyed.

The swiftness with which the Igadzra move is devistating, covering all of UE space with their fleets in mere hours. They had obviously been planning this for quite a while, and biding their time and taking their losses while they built up a formidable fighting fleet. At the same time, over a hundred more Igazras, fully armed with shield harmonizers and Igadzra beamers sweeps through the systems of Feviry and Sumer, and the Independants there quickly decide to agree to Igadzra rule and protection. From there, the fleet continues on to capture the Renegade sysetms of Iothe and Hindrix, and retake Threefrog from the Corocians. Another fleet picks off the unprepared Azdgari border systems of Apert and Mordus.

Suddenly, a fleet of 35 Igazras hypers into Sol, dispersing all Corocian vessels in the system with a quick burst of beamer fire. The Igadzra are usually the strong, silent type, but this time the lead Igazra hails Samurai.

Igazra captain: "This is the I.S.S. Subterfuge to Admiral Samurai of the UE. Your forces are outnumbered and outgunned. 35 Igazras are in orbit as we speak."
Samurai: "What do you want?"
Igazra captain: "My terms are this: We have liberated the UE from Corocian occupation. In return, you will help us develop stronger armor for our ships and will permenantly ally with us. Do you agree?"

(This development will put the UE, Igadzra, and Miranu back on even footing, it seems fair and reasonable, and it will give Esponer a chance to crntrol a race with an actual fighting chance. All in all, it's good all around, and will ensure a good game and prolong the storyline for quite a while. If you reject this, we'll likely end up with the scenerio that Entropy described where "the meek will inherit the Earth, only on a much grander scale." So please, even though it works against you and your allies, consider letting this stand.)

------------------
A hatch opened up and the aliens said,
"We're sorry to learn that you soon will be dead,
But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 03-16-2001).)

Agreed.

After all, I'm the Igadzra.

šŸ™‚

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

Weaken them a little bit, though, and if they aren't already allied with
the Miranu we should do that.

--------------------

Esponer signs the treaty with the Miranu president, exchanging technology for
40 Igazras.

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

Asuming that happend. Message to I.S.S. Subterfuge: I accept, even if Samurai will not help you I will. end of message

------------------
"Life is like a trade ship going to JamesTown, you never know what you gona get."-Escape from Monkey island

Now face the power of the Corocians, and cower at my feet oh mortal Igadzra! šŸ˜‰ Joking.

---------------

Before Samurai could react, the Igadzra got their answer; no.

The C.R.S. Demon, Apollyon, and Omega warp into the system through a Corocian Vortex (Corocian version of the warpgate). "Destroy them!" ordered the Igadzra captain, but he was obviously scared. His whole fleet was barely 7.5 kilometers long if they were all stuck together.

The Igadzra fleet rushed at the might Corocian Supercruisers...

...But soon the battle became a massacre.

The Igadzra were easily defeated, and sent another 80 Igazras to attack the Corocians. They failed again, and not a ship surviving. This happened two more times before other events occured.

The Corocians retook Centauri and Saalia, gave them to the UE, then recaptured Molos in a brilliant tactical attack. The Igadzra were pushed back a bit, the front stabilized, and Carnotaur began planning his next move; attacking the Miranu.

---------------

Entropy smiled as he looked at the Zachit system.

He and the Corocians had assembled a large fleet to attack Outpost Zachit and end the Zacha threat once and for all. The Corocians had 75 ships, the Renegades 175, making a total of 250 ships.

The Renegades and Corocians hypered into Zachit, and almost instantly won. The Zachit were beaten back, the Corocians slaughtered the Zachit gunships, the Renegades picked off aradas and fighters one by one. Then, Renegade and Corocian troops began to board Outpost Zachit. After almost a full day of fighting, Zachit was captured.

---------------

Meanwhile, Kirrim was attacked by the Voinians, who had been building up large amounts of ships since the UE surrendered. Now, the Corocians found them quite usefull. Kirrim was taken easily, and then Carnotaur increased raids on the Miranu and Igadzra.

---------------

The Azdgari also dramatically increased raids on the Igadzra. Every day there were at least 142 separate raids on Igadzra systems.

The Renegades also profited from this. Now they could get back to their first lives; raiding and pirating.

The Igadzra were not used to this kind of tactic. They suffered heavy losses from the Renegades, but soon fought back. Still, the Renegades still wreak havoc on the Igadzra, and brought in a lot of raided goods and credits.

---------------

NOTE: Remember everyone, the Corocians use special technology which is superior to everyone elses. The Renegades, Voinians, and Azdgari all have Voinian tech, and thus can easily stand up to the Igadzra and Miranu.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Congragulations Titan! You have just made yourself an enemy of the Corocian Alliance, Raiders of Azdgari, Renegade Alliance, and Voinian Empire! You will now be arrested since you still reside in a UE system by Corocian forces. šŸ˜‰

------------------
--------------

Carno, don't I now guard UE space?

šŸ™‚

You're welcome to try if you want.......

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

Sorry, I didn't read.

And remember your own rules - give me time to react and defend myself.

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

"We are suffering heavy losses, sir." an Igadzra captain says.

"Good. Right now they expect sure victory." Esponer murmured. "Will they
know what hit them, I wonder? How is the retrofitting going?"

"Complete. Our Igazras are now effective against armoured vessels, with their
Neutron Turrets."

"Excellent. And the mines?"

"They'll be ready soon enough."

"Good. Be quick about it."

------------------------

Esponer received a Miranu techonology, from a vessel fleeing from a broken kingdom, later that day.

"It speeds up hyperspace travel." the tired Miranu said.

"That will work well for stopping those Azdgari raiders. We can crush every one before
they get back to their homeland." Esponer grinned, in a good mood once more.

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

Let me put it into prospective for you: I only did that because Samurai had the Igadzra wipe out all these Azdgari, Corocian, and Renegade colonies in one post without letting them defend.

Esponer, you don't control all of UE space. I'll make a map update and show you.

------------------
--------------

(Out Of Character:) After all that's just happened, the map could use a serious update (if you've got the time), showing the systems the Igadzra have gained. Also, I would appreciate it if you'd change the name of "DSN-6489" to "Unity". The update should eliminate all independent systems except Unity, so "Independent" could be changed to "Station Unity" on the map key, it might be helpful.

Thanks!

-Thunder

------------------

83.25m, gb 81.15/d.

On North Tip station, an emergency meeting has been called, attended by all major renegade leaders- Entropy, Nadir, Proxima Presley, Hmali (ST renegades), and Amrif (NT renegades.) A violent argument is going on.
Entropy : "You can't! You wouldn't! Do you know how many billions of people could be killed?
Nadir : "Think about what the Igadzra did. They show no interest in the neighboring UE for hundreds of years, and then suddenly sweep through it, claiming to be 'liberating' and 'enlightening' the UE. Do you believe a word they say? It's all about power, and control, and..."
Hmali (interrupting): "It's the only way. We are to weak to fight the Igadzra, although with our allies, we could destroy them. Nonetheless, it would be a long, hard, battle, drawing immense casualties from both sides. This way is better, faster, and would totally eliminate them forever. Think about it."
Amrif: "Think about civilian casualties. Most of the Igadzra are farmers, not warriors."
Entropy: "You're right. There has to be another option. Do you know how we would look, leaving a fifth of the galaxy an unsettlable wasteland? This is genocide!"
Presley: "Was not the entire strand war genocide? Although they were of the same species, they have continued to kill each other for hundreds of years over tiny differences. The Igadzra do not care who lives or dies. We must destroy them. Billions of people will be killed, yes, but billions have shed blood already in this destructive conflict. We must end this horror once and forever."
Amrif: "I guess there is no alternative. I agree."
Entropy: "Then you leave me no choice. I will order the deployment. Nonetheless, there MUST be a better way!"

Message to Carnotaur. (low frequency) (untappable) (high security tightwave beam level Bravo)
We have to use bio-and-nuclear devices. I will also need, from you and the Voinians,
-Nuclear weapons (15 extremely high radiation level warheads, of the planet-scouring type
-Use of the Corocian cruisers (for deployment, as it will be extremely risky)
-A blockade of UE and Igadzra space (join Voinian-Corocian-Renegade)

Agree? This is our only choice.

(end message) (radio trace elimination in progress...)

(Trace removal complete.)

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Let me put it into prospective for you: I only did that because Samurai had the Igadzra wipe out all these Azdgari, Corocian, and Renegade colonies in one post without letting them defend.

Esponer, you don't control all of UE space. I'll make a map update and show you.

I was the one who suggested the background development, not Samurai, and I had the Igadzra capture those systems to even up the balance of power a bit. Your response was fair, considering I bent the rules quite a bit to make things work out (keep in mind I had the best interest of the players and what would make a good story in mind. I took no more than 2 colonies from each race.

------------------

As two guards come to arrest Titan, Titan pulls out a blaze pistol and shoots, Titan makes his way to the docking bays, shoots a few more guards, and makes it to his personel UE fighter.

Titan's Personel fighter
Shields and Armor: 200 shields, and 50 armor.
Outfits: 4 blaze cannons, 2 pursuit missles launchers 20 missles, and a enhanced cloaking device.

Titan flys out of the docking bay, ingages cloaking device, and enters hyperspace.

------------------
"Life is like a trade ship going to JamesTown, you never know what you gona get."-Escape from Monkey island

Titan, your UE Fighter is totally unreasonable. 50 shields and 50 armor but no more.

New Map (thanks in part to Samurai): (url="http://"http://www.speakeasy.org/~ljp/carnotaur/dark_tide_map.gif")http://www.speakeasy...rk_tide_map.gif(/url)

Thunder, I only took 2 systems from the Miranu, and 4 systems from the Igadzra. You, on the other hand, took 2 systems from the Azdgari, 2 systems from the Renegades, and bunch of other systems from the UE.

Esponer, you cannot develope any new technology unless you research it first. No new hyperspace technologies either, at least not from any ancient race. Any furthur technologies (including the ones you are still working on now) must be researched for a while, not suddenly pop up.

Secondly, you continue to underestimate the Corocians. Their technology is still superior to yours, and no matter what the Igadzra do, the Corocians are still superior.

Thirdly, no more interactions between the Igadzra and Miranu. The Azdgari and Corocians form a blockade between the two.

-----------------

Message to Carnotaur.
(low frequency) (untappable) (high security tightwave beam level Bravo)
We will give you the following:

-Twenty 1 gigaton extremely high radiation level warheads

-The usage of the C.R.S. Hirogen and C.R.S. Omega (but they will still be under Corocian control with completely Corocian crews, you only tell them what to do and where to go)

-The Igadzra and Miranu are already heavily blockaded, and the UE are still friends.

In the meantime, IĀ’m going to launch a biological and chemical weapons attack on Liat and Valos.

May the force be with us. šŸ˜‰

(end message) (radio trace elimination in progress...)

(Trace removal complete.)

-----------------

In the meantime, Corocian patrols have been tripled, Corocian shipbuilding has been doubled, all availble ships are being sent to help fight of the Igadzra.

The total number of Corocian Supercruisers are:

1. C.R.S. Demon
2. C.R.S. Apollyon
3. C.R.S. Omega
4. C.R.S. Hirogen

Carnotaur, in the meantime, has ordered the construction of the 5th Corocian Supercruiser, the C.R.S. Stormtrooper.

Here is the list of Corocian Battleships being build (faster than Supercruisers, but less than half the size, as well as weaker and not as many weapons):

1. C.R.S. Robin Hood
2. C.R.S. Lightning
3. C.R.S. Red Squad
4. C.R.S. Rampart
5. C.R.S. Fierce
6. C.R.S. Couragous
7. C.R.S. Maximum

----------------

In the Valos system, the Igazra were waiting for the next Corocian raid. Suddenly, the C.R.S. Demon hypered in. The Igadzra grouped around Atlantic Station, and waited for the supercruiser to come. It didn't. It just stayed their and launched five 1 gigaton high-yield extreme radiation-yield nuclear missiles at the Igadzra forces. The first missile exploded in the midst of the Igadzra fleet, taking out 5 Igazras, severly damaging 8 others, and moderately damaging the rest of the fleet.

The next four missiles then collided with Atlantic Station. The first one destroyed half the first docking ring, the second took care of the rest of the first docking ring and a third of the second, and third and fourth hit the core. Result: Atlantic Station was easily destroyed.

------------------
--------------