The Dark Tide 3 - The Last Hope

Okay my fighter has 50 shields and armor. I think I might resign from the story, because If I land anywhere I will be arrested by the Crocian police. Message to Commander Neval(on board Titan's Super cruiser: Commander begin research on opening a rift to another galaxy based on the Warp gate. end of message

Message to Titan(from Neval): Right away Admiral.

One of Titan's agents bought 10 Creacent Warships, 12 Lazera's from a miranu port. Titan summons his personel UE fleet of 30 UE destroyers, and outfits all of them with cloaking devices, This costed Titan 50 million credits, he has 20 left.

Titans's fleet.
-1 UE Super Cruiser(U.S.S Avenger)
-30 UE destroyers
-10 Creacent Warships
-12 Lazera's

------------------
"Life is like a trade ship going to JamesTown, you never know what you gona get."-Escape from Monkey island

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
Thunder, I only took 2 systems from the Miranu, and 4 systems from the Igadzra. You, on the other hand, took 2 systems from the Azdgari, 2 systems from the Renegades, and bunch of other systems from the UE.

Actually, I intended for the Igadzra to liberate the UE systems from Corocian rule and return them to UE unoccupied status, at which point they would, in return, ally with the Igadzra. I didn't mean for the Igadzra to take control of them. But, I guess we'll work with what we've got now...

------------------
A hatch opened up and the aliens said,
"We're sorry to learn that you soon will be dead,
But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."

**Originally posted by the Carnivorous Captain:
I only did that because Samurai took several colonies without letting me react...

I did what? 🙂

Secret message to Esponer, head of Igadzra order. Low frequency, untappable. Security code Angel: confirmed.

If you will help us throw off the yoke of the Corocians, we will assist you in your struggle against them. If you can liberate us, we will furnish you with Xranthium Plating, our newest armor breakthrough, and our other technological secrets. If possible, try to create the illusion that you are conquering the UE, not liberating us. That will help keep the Corocians off our backs, temporarily at least. We wish you well in your effort. If you would meet me in person on Knox, I could tell you a plan I have cooked up which would, if successful, get rid of those damned supercruisers. As it is, we really have no counter to them, except the U.E.S. Goliath, which is still in Corocian hands. We will ask the Corocians if we can have the Goliath back, so that we might resist the savage attacks of the Igadzra. It might work. Good luck. Proceeding this text will be a fake, unencrypted message to decoy Corocian suspicion. It is not in any way sincere.

End encryption.

Igadzra leader, your recent incursions into UE space have been devastating. We plead with you to stop the senseless bloodshed that is occuring on our planets. Encrypted above is an account number with one million credits in it. Please take it, and do not harm our people any more.

End message.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

(This message has been edited by Samurai (edited 03-17-2001).)

<Message to Samurai>
<Samurai, we have decided to grant the UE total freedom. We will now withdraw our vessels from your territory, but at present we will still keep our bases, and so will the Voinians. We will also not give you the Goliath back, at least not for now.>
<End Message>

------------------

Meanwhile, a major battle was taking place between the Igadzra and Corocians in Valos. The Corocians weren't making a head-on attack, but were using hit and run tactics. Suddenly, the C.R.S. Apollyon decloaked. Then, out of its arada bay, it fired 6 biological weaponry equipped missiles, and 6 chemical weaponry equipped missiles at the planet, Paraans (sp?), surface.

As soon as the missiles impacted, the Corocians withdrew to Alurda. Then, near the impact sites, green gas started to expand larger, and larger, and larger. Soon, over a third of the planet was covered by chemical and biological weapons, killing anything (including bacteria and pants) in their path. As the Igadzra struggled to evacuate, hundreds died.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Message to Carno

Thank you, Captain, for giving us our freedom. We will attempt to be worthy of the great trust that you have placed in us.

End Message

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

On Earth, a UE meeting is taking place. Some say that the UE should fight alongside the Igadzra against the Corocians. Some say that the UE should remain neutral, while others feel that the UE should side with the Corocians in an all-out attempt to drive out the Igadzra. All opinions are brought before Samurai, leader of the UE military.

"Gentlemen, I have considered your proposals, and I will conclude that it would be foolhardy to go to war with the Corocians, as they are in such a superior tactical position. I suggest that we secretly reinforce the Igadzra with supplies and technology, while we remain in a neutral position with the Corocians. If they find out about our support of the Igadzra, we could be in trouble. outside of this meeting, we are totally neutral in this war. Understood?"

"Understood!"

------------------

Meanwhile, the Corocians are preparing to attack the Igadzra once the Renegades launch their nuclear and biological weapons at the Igadzra. The Voinians are also giving the UE a large amount of support by giving the Corocians ships and supplies, as well as tactical reports on the UE military. Carnotaur is also informing the Voinians that, if the UE ever side with the Miranu or Igadzra, to eliminate them and eliminate them quick.

Meanwhile, raids are doubling on Igadzra systems. The Corocians are trying to wear down the Igadzra in light of the upcoming attack. Meanwhile, the Corocians now have a total of 550 vessels patrolling the Corocian Frontier on the borders of the Miranu, Igadzra, and UE (the Corocians are a bit suspicious, they can't help it), and more ships are being produced every day.

The Corocians know the Igadzra are going to attack, they just don't know when.

To keep them guessing on where they're going to attack, the Corocians sometimes make very large raids and/or attacks on certain Igadzra systems, to make the Igadzra think they are going to attack there or there and so on.

Then, the Corocians detect an Igadzra shipyard on Crockett. To make sure they don't become too much of a threat, the Corocians nuke Crockett with nineteen 1 gigaton high-yield nuclear missiles, destroying the colony and the base entirely.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

86.35m, gb 3.1 m/d.

Unfortunately for Samurai, there are spies everywhere... and as the UE crumbles, it becomes easier and easier to know of it's doings...

(message to Carnotaur) (High security tightwave untappable low frequency beam "Bravo."

Samurai is a puppet of the Igadzra. He is secretly smuggling supplies to them. The UE can no longer be treated as friends. We must assasinate him. Agreed?

I am going to strike not at the fringes, but at the heart of the Igadzra rottenness...

(end message. Trace removal in progress...)

(trace removal complete)

I'm spending 15 million to build some sort of device on my secret base in the Ji nebula. It will be done in 5 days realtime, if the universe doesn't collapse by then...

71.35 m, gb 3.1 m/d

I've completely transformed my human renegade fleet into Anacondas and Asps. Profits increase by .3 m/d

71.65 m, gb 3.4 m/d

The human renegades are picking off Igadzra vessels and the decietful UE smugglers sending good to the Igadzra. An Anaconda with full Asp compliment is almost a match for an Igazra, and a good Asp pilot can easily take out an Igadzra Arada (dodging SAE modules is no mean feat, but when it's all out, it's easy to outmaneuver and blast.

I've finally gotten Raiders into production. The fast, lightweight ships are just what may be needed in our fight...

+.1 m/d from Raiders.

71.75 m/ gb 3.5 m/d

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Entropy, when will you commence nuclear/bio attack on the Igadzra?

--------------

The number of Corocian Battleships has been doubled, and the Corocians are now waiting for the Renegade nuclear/bio attack on the Igadzra. Shipyard production has also been doubled again.

Meanwhile, Carnotaur and Captain Scorcher are trying to decide what to do about the UE.

--------------

The Corocians are also working on creating a new type of Photon weaponry that will be more effective against Xrathium armor than normal Photon weaponry.

To add to that, the Corocians are also working on developing a better cloak scanner and dampening field (that protects the Ji Nebula).

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 03-17-2001).)

Thunder is shocked as the population of Station Unity quickly surpasses 1 million, and continues growing at a rapid rate. The station's medical facilities are swamped with Human and Igadzra radiation poisoning victims, and if it weren't for the well trained medical staff on site, the medical bays would have been overwhelmed completely. Dozens of UE destroyers, carriers, and Igazras and Igadzra aradas that had been carrying these victims to Station Unity now filled nearly a quarter of the Station's docking areas. Though Station Unity was designed to handle over 3 million citizens, even that amount would quickly be surpassed if the influx of refugees continued.

Visiting the medical bay, Thunder walked up to an Igadzra man who was being treated for radiation sickness and severe chemical burns.

"Stationmaster Thunder?" the Igadzra asked.

"Yeah, that's me." Thunder replied, motioning to his Station Unity badge. "What happened to you?"

"I was caught in the Corocian thermonuclear attack on Valos. The UE and Igadzra there were lucky to make it out alive."

" Thermonuclear attack?!? You mean the Corocians are using weapons of mass destruction on innocent civilians?!?"

"Yes. They're ruthless killing machines." The Igadzra replied. "I was the only member of my family to make it out alive. I managed to make it onto an Igadzra Arada before the blast reached our base; the others were not so lucky."

"I can't believe anyone would resort to the slaughter of millions of innocent civilians just to conquer more territory! The Corocians seem like such a reasonable race..."

"Believe it," the Igadzra said. "They may seem reasonable, but they will stop at nothing to expand their power."

Then a nurse turned to Thunder. "You'll have to leave now. I need to sedate this patient in order for his treatment to take effect."

Bidding the Igadzra man a final farewell, Thunder walked back to the elevator, and proceeded to return to the Command Center on Level 1. "Of course the Igadzra would have bad things to say about the Corocians," he thought to himself, "but if they're using thermonuclear weapons, then that's just genocide! I can't believe they'd resort to that... They'll render the planets they attack uninhabitable for thousands of years! Would they really destroy a third of the inhabitable universe simply to ensure their place in power? And how many refugees will we be left with? Station Unity won't be able to support even 1% of the survivors from all of UE and Igadzra space!"

Back in the Command Center, Thunder picks up his comm unit and prepares to speak. Carefully he encodes the destination...

MESSAGE TO CAPTAIN CARNOTAUR<<<
DESTINATION: C.R.S. DEMON<<<
ENCRYPTION SEQUENCE INACTIVE<<<

This is Thunder, speaking on behalf of Station Unity and over a million victims of the Corocian thermonuclear attacks on Valos and Liat. Please cease your use of weapons of mass destruction in your war with the UE and Igadzra. Your actions may be winning you the war, but you are causing countless civilian casualties, as well as rendering multiple worlds uninhabitable for centuries to come. It is the Igadzra and UE military that you have a fight with, not the innocent civilians! This is genocide! Already Station Unity has been overwhelmed with more than a million refugees suffering from radiation poisoning and chemical burns. Hundreds have died in our medical bays, too badly injured to recover. If you saw the horrors you were inflicting on your innocent victims, I am sure you would agree that the devistating costs of your actions far outweigh any gains. Please, find some other way to fight this war.

Respectfully,
-Thunder, Station Unity Stationmaster

END MESSAGE<<<

------------------
A hatch opened up and the aliens said,
"We're sorry to learn that you soon will be dead,
But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."

Titam returns to UE space and sets a base up on Pareen.

------------------
"Life is like a trade ship going to JamesTown, you never know what you gona get."-Escape from Monkey island

Titan, Paraan is uninhabitable. You can't set up a base there.

----------------

Carnotaur sat in a meeting room with Scorcher. "What am I going to do?" Carnotaur asked Scorcher.

Scorcher sighed. "I'm not sure, but to please Thunder, how about only using our nuclear, biological, and chemcial weapons on stations from now on, okay?"

"Sure," Carnotaur replied. "However, I will still continue to use 1 gigaton high-yield missiles against military bases, but no more nuclear weapons unless they are being targeted at military only facilities."

Scorcher then looked at Carno. "What about the Renegades?"

"Let them attack the Igadzra. The blow they are about to sustain will be so great the Igadzra won't be able to fight any more. In the meantime, I'll send a message to Thunder."

As Scorcher got up to leave, Carnotaur had him sit down again. "What is it?" Scorcher asked.

"No more Corocian vessels in UE space, and make sure the Voinians are ready at a moments notice to attack the UE. Also, I just got an idea."

"For what?"

"A present to the Igadzra."

----------------

<Message to Thunder>
<Encryption Level 2X91-Beta Tau Sierra>
<Thunder, I will no longer use nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons against civillian populated areas Unless I simply have no alternative. However, I will still use these weapons of mass destruction against uninhabited areas and military only areas.>
<End Message>

----------------

The Igadzra emporer, Esponer, sat in his bed, sleeping. Suddenly, there was a massive explosion which shook his house. As screams, sirens, and more explosions filled the air, Esponer got up and looked out the window.

Civillians were running everywhere, military troops ran this way and that way, then Esponer saw what had happened: an ammunition dump had exploded.

Suddenly, a SAE module streaked down from the sky and instantly destroyed the Igadzra ambassadors office in one massive explosion. As more buildings were leveled, Esponer realized what was happening. "The Corocians are bombarding Igadzra!" he screamed.

For three hours the chaos continued. SAE and SAD modules rained down from the skies and decimated dozens of buildings. Dozens were killed, hundreds were injured, is was total chaos, confusion, and terror.

Finally, the horror ended...

...For a while.

Now the air, instead of being filled with explosions, was filled with the sound of blazing fires and; the yells of soldiers. Over the hill, at the far end of the city, suddenly Corocian troops began to pour in towards the city! Now the entire population of the Igadzra capital city was gripped with pure terror and horror as the Corocian troops charged the burning city. Killing anyone in their path, the Corocians not only used guns, but knives and other brutal tactics.

The injured tried to get away, but some of them limped too badly and were too injured and bloody to escape death. Igadzra everywhere were shot and stabbed, then he ran into a dead end, trapped by the flaming wreckage of buildings. The Corocians shot the Igadzra that were next to them.

Suddenly, through the screams of millions of Igadzra, a Corocian soldier stepped forward, and raised his bayonette, attached to the barrel of his photon rifle, over Esponers chest, then thrust it forward...

"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Esponer screamed as he woke up. It had all been a dream, no, a nightmare.

----------------

Carnotaur smiled as he looked at Scorcher's report. "Good, our psychological tactics are working."

Scorcher smiled also. "Yes, we've been able to put in horrifying thoughts like that in many high-ranking Igadzra officials minds. However, the overral effectiveness is questionable."

"We shall see," Carnotaur replied. "Watch the Igadzra, send in spies, and report to me about the effectiveness of these nightmare-inducing devices."

"Yes sir!"

------------------
--------------

I have a general question:

How did the Corocias become so strong?

They were a small group of soldiers sent to fight the Igadzra - when the UE were already fighting the Voinians, and could not spare many troops.

And yet, they become so strong, in how long, exactly?

In the long time it would take to advance that much from that few people the Igadzra wouldn't even be using Igazras anymore.

And this race destroying bio weapon - yes, I don't know about it - but isn't that a technology that must be researched as well?

Plus, the Miranu could easily have developed the mentioned technology in the three games, and without a leader, no-one can say they're doing anything.

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,
And bring on the silent moon.

Ahhhh!

I go away for a day, come back, and I'm dead???

I don't much like this - I think there should be a rule to wait for the other person to respond.

And, also, I think saying I stay in Igadzra counts as controlling me. Actually, I'm always in my Igazra, the I.S.S Icarus. It's currently in cloak down in the uninhabited systems south of Igadzra.

By the way, anybody got an idea how many ships I have left? Two?

----------------------------

Esponer begins work on creating a cloaking device that can hide large areas. He intends to hide his remaining Igazras and turn them into a station south of Igadzra land.

Meanwhile, a Crescent Fighter carrying Esponer travels west. Esponer finds a renegade willing to give him a fake ID, and he slips into Knox in a Helian.......

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

Also, Esponer does something only Titan and Samurai know about:

He sets up traps in what remains of Igadzra land, designed to explode on the Corocian supercruisers. The traps have enough power to destroy them IF they all work.

They are all undetectable.

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

Problem 1: You're not dead, it was a dream.

Problem 2: The Corocians had been a resistence for YEARS. During that time Scorcher and Carnotaur developed highly advanced technology. Then, he left the Igadzra and travelled to the Ji Nebula. Then they got help from the Voinians, Azdgari, and Renegades.

Problem 3: Corocian Supercruisers can detect mines using their cloak scanners. Besides, they'd just regenerate their shields and detonate the mines once they knew they were there. But most important of all, Corocian Supercruisers don't go on "Land" they go in space. 😛

Problem 4: Biological and Chemical Weapons are nothing new. Us humans have them now.

------------------
--------------

The mines are space mines, cloaked (so, you can get through cloaks?) and they are magnetic. They latch onto the supercruisers, and their are enough to destroy one instantly.

I'm keeping my last few posts - I still have the Igadzra empire, but I want my cloaked base.

And, out of the game for a moment - I don't have nightmares. 'Took me three years, but I've mentally blocked them off. I'm working on blocking of cold now.

Esponer - Extra Sensory Perception - The powers of the psychic

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

Sorry about not fully reading posts: 🙂

It was just SO depressing I left it befoe it ended.

About the chemical weapons - I think we would have SOME defence, although I'm not clever enough to think of it - and I'm talking about defences the Igadzra would have in the original EVO.

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,

At a UE meeting:

"The recent Corocian attacks against our planets have been untolerable. I say we form a full-fledged alliance with the Igadzra against our common enemies!" Exclaims one UE Admiral. His proposal quickly gains support among high-ranking UE personnel, and Samurai soon sends a message to the Igadzra proposing an alliance between the two races.

Meanwhile, UE military forces have been refitted with Xranthium Plating and the newest version of the UE Limpet, the Drainer 7. The Drainer 7 is virtually unjammable, incredibly fast moving, and once it attaches it quickly drains the victim's shields and hinders their maneuverability. Drainer 7s are spherical in shape, with a diameter of about 3". It has very long range, and can be easily mass produced. While making no major offensives at the time, the UE military is gathering its strength, waiting...

------------------

<Everybody, on a personal note, I'm going to make my own RPG. Please join when it appears. It won't include most of the fun things, though. Everybody will be on equal-ish footing, with the Odine and the Imperium Alliance being totally new. Diplomatic stances are listed, and you can choose your own allies. Victory is a) killing all enemies/making them serve you, 🆒 researching "Warpgate" for 4 pages, need to be strong to do this, c) becooming a force so powerful everyone concedes them the victor.>

------------------
Draw the line with fire,
Cross it with ice,
Banish the fiery sun,