Renegades and Strands

Does anyone know how working for the renegades affects ones ability to work for a strand? I know that once you work for a strand you can not work for another except if you accept 2 recruitment missions at the same time. The reason I ask the earlier question is that we were wrong for a long time that we could only work for one strand. Since many people eskew working for the Voinians and Renegades then maybe there is a route to working for another strand through them. Maybe their missions reset a mission bit or something. I do not have the technical knowledge to answer this question by looking in res edit so if someone does please speak up. If you have opinions or other ideas please write that also. Side question... Is it Peter Cartwright (I believe that is how to spell his name) the one who wrote the storyline and senarios for EVO?

------------------
Why are there no maroon ships?

I think you may continue to work for a strand and work for the renegades, bothe COF and NT, if you do not attack the strand of your choice's ships. I don't know about Peter Cartwrite, though.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)