Monster names

Dee, what do you think about displaying the names of monsters as well as other characters below their health bar? I've played the game several times and still don't know the names of many of the monsters. The other option I can think of is for someone to do a beastiary, listing the names and pictures of each monster for download.

------------------

These ideas are good, but they would require a data file update. When we asked if there would be a data file update during the beta testing of PoG 1.0.1, Dee answered with a firm, polite "No".
This problem bothered me as well. The way I solved it was that I learned the sounds the monster in question made. Then I quit and looked through the sound data files in QuickTime Player. When I found a sound file that matched the beast in question, I'd look at the file's name and there it would be: "Wyrm" or "Cyklops" or something.( However, this method isn't always accurate. There are, for example, several documents dedicated to the sounds of a "demon". I looked up "demon" in the 3rd level of the Learning Tree and I got absolutely nothing. I later found that my evasive demon was a Dark Spirit.)

------------------
ŃCafall

(This message has been edited by Cafall (edited 12-09-2001).)

Try asking about "monster" or "monsters" the 3 scholars specialized in monster lore. They are located on each level of the learning tree. This should help you a bit 🙂

Old Padawan

------------------