The Red Horizon 2

Kayans (Thunder): Sensor Upgrade -completed, researched over 5 posts- Increases the power of the scanners on Kayan ships, allowing for more precise scanning and detection capabilities and allows them to scan into hyperspace up to 30 minutes away. The original copy on Thunder's ship contains a second component which makes it more powerful, allowing him to scan up to two hours away in hyperspace.

------------------
Explorers are we, intrepid and bold,
Out in the wild, amongst wonders untold...

forgot to mention my shipyard thats almost finished...

::BEGINNING TRANSMISSION::
<PRIVATE MESSAGE TO: TITAN>
(ENCRYPTION)
good news- my shipyard is almost complete. it costed more than i thought it would, but i still think its worth it. I would really appreciate it if the Zidigar would invest in my shipyard- because on the phase beamers, I only have 3.5 M left. The phase beamers were made for my fleet, but i might be willing to sell them to the Zidigar...
remember- these would be really helpful- they are made to take out azdaras.
respond. Add up how many beamers you think i should have- so far, i think about 38.
I recalled all renegade vessels from non-renegade space, and I finally added up my renegade fleet- here are the stats:
28 CW's
49 Laziras
88 Aradas
142 Crescent fighters.
These ships were pre-existant, so they have no deduction. The number doesn't compare w/ the major races, but still, you are free to borrow a few.
Now that i have my own space, i am debateing whether to folow the Zidigar against the Adzgari, or join the adzgari vs you. no offense, but it seems like you are a lost cause, and i have a very small region of space, could be killed by the adzgari w/ a fight! Anyway, wanna be allies you can try and convince me- I have already sent you one of my pohase beams, and that is your only one.
(/ENCRYPTION)
<END MESSAGE>
::END TRANSMISSION::

::BEGIN TRANSMISSION::
<PUBLIC BROADCAST>
Who controls the miranu?
::end transmission::

REDchigh creates a task force of 12 CW's, 20 laziras, 50 Aradas, and 90 fighters. arms the laziras w/ 2 standard phase beamers.... takes longer than he though, will take a day just to arm them. will cost about.. 1.8 M?

------------------
The difference in
insantiy and ingenious is
measured just by success.

(This message has been edited by -REDCHIGH- (edited 01-27-2001).)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
What does everyone think of the map?

It's strange, but on my computer the map only goes down about as far as Huron and Iothe and then cuts off, leaving off the bottom bit of UE space, and all of the South Tip. Other than that it looks pretty good.

------------------

(deleted)

(This message has been edited by Arada Pilot (edited 01-27-2001).)

Samurai’s fleet, blissfully unaware of the cease-fire between the Voinians and the Renegades, heads off after the retreating Voinian Cruisers. They soon catch up with the slow-moving fleet of Voinians. Samurai’s Crescent Warships isolate one V. Cruiser and swarm it, quickly destroying it. They then draw away, only to pounce on another straggler and take it out. This happens a few more times, until the Voinians get wise and stick together in a group. The Gunslinger sends a long string of space mines at the tightly packed V. Cruisers, causing devastation. Samurai is hailed by a Cruiser:
"Hey, you, whatever happened to the cease-fire?"
"Cease-fire?"
"Yeah, Thunder and Nova6 called a Cease-fire between the Kayans and the Voinians!"
"Thunder didn’t mention anything about that."
"He didn’t? Uh "
"You’re trying to trick me. Die, murderers!"
Samurai’s Warships soon destroy the remainder of the weakened and disorganized Cruisers.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

(This message has been edited by Samurai (edited 01-27-2001).)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:

What does everyone think of the map?

My comp does the same thing as thunders- only shows about half the map- can you also post a key? i still don't know who owns the miranu

------------------
The difference in

Originally posted by Thunder:
**It's strange, but on my computer the map only goes down about as far as Huron and Iothe and then cuts off, leaving off the bottom bit of UE space, and all of the South Tip. Other than that it looks pretty good.

same happened here.

And dont forget:
Azdgari temporary biological suspension pods
Instantly put all life forms in the area surrounding the blast into suspended animation.
still in development, titan you dont know where. only I do.
Good job buba. Do you want a ship or cash?

------------------
Is the answer to this question 'no'?

Thunder, I know about that problem. Somethings wrong with it and I've been trying to fix it. Sorry. I hope it'll be fixed soon.

Redchigh, the key won't help you. It says government names, not who controls the governments. I'll try to get the problem with the PICT fixed as soon as I can.

Samurai, revoke your post, NOW! There were NO Voinian cruisers retreating, they were all stationed in the Akreyhek (sp?) system (now under Voinian control), and reinforcements had arrived. By that time there should have been 37 Voinian Cruisers in the system (I got that information directly from Nova6 who, being my brother, is sitting just three or four feet away from me). You would have been slaughtered, and I would have sent even more reinforcements (like an Igazra or two) and they would fight off you. By the time you destroyed them (IF you could have destroyed the 37 Voinian cruisers in the first place), more Voinian or Carnotaur forces would arrive.

And Arada Pilot, when will your character reply to my two messages?

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 01-27-2001).)

Originally posted by Samurai:
**Samurai’s fleet, blissfully unaware of the cease-fire between the Voinians and the Renegades, heads off after the retreating Voinian Cruisers. They soon catch up with the slow-moving fleet of Voinians. Samurai’s Crescent Warships isolate one V. Cruiser and swarm it, quickly destroying it. They then draw away, only to pounce on another straggler and take it out. This happens a few more times, until the Voinians get wise and stick together in a group. The Gunslinger sends a long string of space mines at the tightly packed V. Cruisers, causing devastation. Samurai is hailed by a Cruiser:
"Hey, you, whatever happened to the cease-fire?"
"Cease-fire?"
"Yeah, Thunder and Nova6 called a Cease-fire between the Kayans and the Voinians!"
"Thunder didn’t mention anything about that."
"He didn’t? Uh "
"You’re trying to trick me. Die, murderers!"
Samurai’s Warships soon destroy the remainder of the weakened and disorganized Cruisers.

Retreating Voinain Cruisers? What Retreating Voinain Cruisers!? The fleet that attacked south tip station is staying in the system! And they are NOT disorganized!! The Voinains are very good fighters! Revoke your post!

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------
(url="http://"http://www.pautsch.com/nova6")Visit my website!(/url)

--REVOKED--

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 01-27-2001).)

RedChigh, I will negotiate an alliance with you against the Zidagar.Tell me exactly what you want. I will then make my final decision (To kill you or accept an alliance).

------------------
Is the answer to this question 'no'?

To everyone who thinks that Voinain ships are slow: They are not slow! I got speed and turning tech from the Azdgari, so my ships are almost as fast as Azdgari ships. So stop posting: "Then they destroyed the slow Voinain ships."!

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------

Want Ads

Free-lance Pilot for hire- prefers shady high paying jobs. bounty hunting, smuggling, other semi-legal jobs. Nothing vs Adzgari or Zidigar. I have unknown status w/ them, and wanna keep it that way.

end want ads

------------------
The difference in

Originally posted by Nova6:
**To everyone who thinks that Voinain ships are slow: They are not slow! I got speed and turning tech from the Azdgari, so my ships are almost as fast as Azdgari ships. So stop posting: "Then they destroyed the slow Voinain ships."!

Even with speed and turning tech from the Azdgari, Voinian ships would still only be up to about the speed level of UE ships. It would take a miracle of engineering (which would require extensive research) to get them up the the Azdgari level of maneuverability and speed.

------------------

To Thunder:Akrahyek is under Voinain control now! So you CAN'T attack the ships there!
----------------------------------
<Message to Thunder>
<From Nova6>
<Encrypted>
<If you can't keep your ships from attack mine then the cease-fire will be finished! (The cease-fire is still going, this is just a warning)>
<END MESSAGE>
<END MESSAGE>

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------

**To everyone who thinks that Voinain ships are slow: They are not slow! I got speed and turning tech from the Azdgari, so my ships are almost as fast as Azdgari ships. So stop posting: "Then they destroyed the slow Voinain ships."!

Ok, you upgraded the engine and RCS, but the thrust is unchangeable! the Voinians are not able to have a good thrust speed b/c they are full of heavy weoponry and heavier armor. RCS is ok, Engine is ok, but the thrust is not possible to match a A CW, because of physics.

------------------
The difference in

Samurai, Thunder, just revoke your posts and get on with the story Akreyhek is under Voinian, not Kayian, control, and thus you violated the cease fire. If I were to tell the Azdgari Empire of your obvious ignorance of the cease fire agreement, then Arada Pilot would probably get angry at you. So, just revoke it!

Also, you're wrong Redchigh. Thrust can easily be upgraded by using an ENGINE UPGRADE. It's obvious that Voinian ships will never be super extremely fast, but fast enough to match up to ANY of your warships. One Voinian cruiser can take out three or four CWs, ALONE. Just revoke it. You could never beat 37 Voinian cruisers who are just waiting for the Kayians to do something really stupid like breaking a cease fire.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Taking the 100 F-25 upgrade packages that were delivered to the Kayans, Thunder and the militia leaders decided what to do with them. After scanning to see that they were safe and compatible with Kayan systems, 50 of them were installed in Kayan aradas and laziras stationed at Groned and Hindrix. 1 was given to Kayan scientists on Hindrix who felt that they could improve the design, given time. The other 49 were placed in a stasis field in a storage facility.

Meanwhile, within the blockade, newly manufactured defense pods were being added to the blockade systems, further strengthening the blockade of the Kayan core worlds. Note: Since the Kayans are not at war with anyone at the moment, the defense pods normally produced for use on our ships can now be used on the blockades, since they're not getting used up in battle.

Thunder also got word that reserach on the Spacial Flux Enhancer had begun, and was progressing smoothly, though slowly.

MESSAGE TO VOINIANS<<<
Encryption code 39-113-Delta confirmed

I realize that Akrahyek is now under Voinian Control, but the Kayans consider it a Kayan system occupied by alien forces. Though we have no intention of violating the cease-fire, know that we strongly disapprove of your continued occupation of Kayia and South Tip Station.

END MESSAGE<<<

------------------

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 01-27-2001).)

Samurai's post is revoked, the cruisers would have launched fighter and turned and attacked.

Nova6, those upgrades cost money, do you still want them.

Redchigh, your shipyard is not complete, you have just begun construction and now you have no money. It cost me even more for mine which is a little bigger.

Carno, you will probably have some of your researched revoked by roostersw. I have subtracted the cost of researching it all but will up it if either you change it or it is revoked. I think more and more of you are going to be seeing your money run out soon.
-----------------
I am going to control Roostersw's character a little because I have waited more than 24 hours and can't take action until he does.

Roostersw, entered the Miranu capital on Mira. He asked for Kotrak the president and got a meeting with him. Roostersw was highly respected for his renegade tracking abilites.
Kotrak: "Greetings roostersw, what brings you here on such short notice."
Roostersw: "It is about Daedalus, he has sworn never to attack the Miranu again. He wanted me to smooth things over for him. I once was his sworn enemy but even I trust him now. He is becoming a trader now and has formed many trade agreements, even with is once enemy the Kayans. He wishes to make an agreement with you and will send diplomats here so that you may enforce it."
Kotrak: "I believe what you speak of Roostersw, especially coming from you. It has been a long time since he has attacked us. As soon as the diplomats arrive I will arrange a trade."
Roostersw: "Then arrange it now for his diplomats came with me."
Kotrak: "Excellent, we will both prosper from this."

------------------
----------------------
Give them shell! give them solid shot! Damn them, give them anything!

Originally posted by daedalus:
**Nova6, those upgrades cost money, do you still want them.

Yes. But only ships that will be built after this moment will have them. And the fighters and Cruisers that are already built will also have them.

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------