The Red Horizon 2

Originally posted by daedalus:
In the Tibidat system a Miranu Heavy Freighter entered and made its way towards the planet. <Kayan forces, your shipment has arrived> Many cargo shuttles rush to help the help the freighter dock and unload 100 F-25 upgrade packages. The freighter then left the system.

One problem: Tidibat is within the blockade, and the freighter would not have been able to enter. Please edit your message to have the packages offloaded on Groned, Hindrix, or Feviry, they are outside the blockade.

------------------
Explorers are we, intrepid and bold,
Out in the wild, amongst wonders untold...

Arada Pilot: Sorry I was away for a little bit.

Continuation:
Buba pulls his ship onto Xarnes dock and heads to the bar to meet his contact. Recongizing the man by a picture Buba was given Buba headed over to talk to him.
Buba: "Yea... They told me that you might have some information for me?"
Contact: "I can't give you much. All I know is that there is some major project going on in one of the major research and development facilities here. I have a access card to get in but I can't help you out much more than that. I also have a map of the building with alarms etc."
Buba: "Sounds tricky."
Contact: "It will be. You should be able to do it though. Here..." The contact handed Buba the access card and maps.
Buba: "Thanks."

Buba departed and headed for his ship to prepare for the break-in.

-----

3 hours later, as the darkness began to set on Xarnes Bubaganoosh was silently crouching at the entrance to the facility. As a camera swung away from view Buba snuck in closer to the door and opened the door with the card. Stepping cautiosly through the halls he made sure not to break any alarms. Buba searched for hours and finally came upon something that he thought might be it. Taking the plans and everything else he thought would be needed Buba quickly left leaving no trace. Boarding his ship he took off and headed back for his pay check.

------------------
Ganna paint our wagon,
Ganna paint it good,
We ain't braggin',
We're ganna coat that wood!

Redchigh, you are being totally unrealistic. A phase beamer that does 8 TIMES THE DAMAGE OF A NORMAL PHASE BEAMER!? That's totally unrealistic and should be either revoked or edited! And an Arada that can take out nine Azdaras? Maybe seven, but nine could easily swarm an arada. Besides, it could never hold all the stuff that you said it held on it. And just remember, it's only a matter of time before the Zidagar fall to the Azdgari Empire.

Titan, Chemical Weapons can be easily destroyed by Azdgari Planetary defense turrets, and it costs tons to build them. And those Zidaras would be dead within seconds if they ever tried to enter Azdgari space.

Daedalus, please update the economic report. Redchigh or Titan (can't remember which) gave 10 million credits away to someone.

Thunder, Defense pods are not incredibly strong, and you would need tons of them to actually stop a large approaching fleet. And thus, that would cost a massive amount of credits. Daedalus, include this in your economic report please.

---------------

The Zodiac glided through the atmosphere of S-1827 and then touched down smoothely. Getting out, Rooster and Aeshek (got the name right?) noticed a Voinian cruiser touched down a half a mile away. Walking towards it, Carnotaur suddenly appeared approximatley thirty meters ahead of Rooster.

"Give me Intimidator and then you can have your CWs!" he yelled. "Now!"

---------------

Update on my colonies:

S-570 - DSN-5495:
Population: 219,000

S-8216 - DSN-5495:
Population: 70,000

F-1314 - DSN-6253:
Population: 12,000

---------------

<Message to Arada Pilot - URGENT!>
<Encrypted - Level 1000>
<Arada Pilot, I have urgent news for you that may help you win the war against the Zidagar. In order to get this vital information and technology, go to Igadzra as soon as possible. I will tell you more then.>
<End Message>

<Second Message to Arada Pilot>
<Arada Pilot, I wish to colonize the Stror system. You can have S-7984, however, I want the first and larger moon, S-1872, for myself. We can jointly control the system (however, I will classify it as one of my systems in the map) and help fund each other. Deal?>
<End Message>

<Message to Nova6>
<Nova6, I am willing to send you 1 million credits and a bit of extra supplies so that you can complete your Super Dreadnaught project. Respond if you want my aid.>
<End Message>

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

<Message to Carnotaur>
<Yes, I will accept your aid.>
<END MESSAGE>

Deadalus, include my credit raise in the report.

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------
(url="http://"http://www.pautsch.com/nova6")Visit my website!(/url)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
Thunder, Defense pods are not incredibly strong, and you would need tons of them to actually stop a large approaching fleet. And thus, that would cost a massive amount of credits. Daedalus, include this in your economic report please.

Here's my argument:

Based on resedit stats, each defense pod can do 10 armor or 10 shield damage. Therefore, it would take something on the order of around of 5000 of them to make an inpenetrable blockade, for around of 25,000 total (5 hyperlinks). Keep in mind that each defense pod, in EVO, costs 500 credits, retail. That's the cost they're sold at, not the cost to produce them. To produce them, it is probably more on the order of 150 or 250 credits each, which would be marked up to make a profit when they are sold. Also, keep in mind that the Kayans already had a large number of defense pods stored up, since they are standard equipment on our ships, so we would not have had to produce the whole batch of 25,000, we already would have had some.

Your argument is valid, though, to an extent. I will edit my post and increase the cost of producing the needed defense pods from 500,000 credits to 2 million credits. Please note this change in the economy report.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 01-26-2001).)

Captain Carn, the Zidara's had cloaking devices, they got really close to the planet and fired the missles.

------------------
"One Ring to rule them all one Ring to find them, one Ring to bring them all into the darkness and bind them, in the land of mordor where the shadows lie."
Check out the upcomming Lord of the Rings Movies at (url="http://"http://www.lordoftherings.net/home.html")http://www.lordofthe...s.net/home.html(/url)

The planetary defense guns can still knock them (the missiles) out.

Originally posted by Thunder:
**Here's my argument:

Based on resedit stats, each defense pod can do 10 armor or 10 shield damage. Therefore, it would take something on the order of around of 5000 of them to make an inpenetrable blockade, for around of 25,000 total (5 hyperlinks). Keep in mind that each defense pod, in EVO, costs 500 credits, retail. That's the cost they're sold at, not the cost to produce them. To produce them, it is probably more on the order of 200 or 2500 credits each, which would be marked up to make a profit when they are sold. Also, keep in mind that the Kayans already had a large number of defense pods stored up, since they are standard equipment on our ships, so we would not have had to produce the whole batch of 25,000, we already would have had some.

Your argument is valid, though, to an extent. I will edit my post and increase the cost of producing the needed defense pods from 500,000 credits to 2 million credits. Please note this change in the economy report.

Thank you. Though, you're doing a bit more than I asked...

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 01-26-2001).)

Messed up. Some mod please delete this.

(This message has been edited by Lonevoinian (edited 01-26-2001).)

Uh, Lonevoinian, why did you quote that?

------------------
--------------

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
Thank you. Though, you're doing a bit more than I asked...

More than you asked? Do you mean you think 2 million is too high a number? Should I lower it? Or do you just mean I put a bit too much effort into my argument :D?

------------------

Report on government alliances and enemys:

Voinains:
Controlled by: Nova6
Seconed in command: Lonevoinain
Main Enemy/s: No major enemy
Main ally/s: Captains, Azdgari, RA
Agreements: Cease-fire with the Kayans.
Cash: 22.5 million

Renagade Alliance (RA):
Controlled by: Deadalus
Seconed in command: None
Main ally/s: Voinains, NTR
Agreements: Trade aggreement with the Kayans.
Cash: 13.25 million

Kayans:
Controlled by: Thunder
Main ally/s: No major allies
Agreements: Cease-fire with the Voinains. Trade aggrement with the RA.
Cash: 16 million

Azdgari:
Controlled by: Arada Pilot
Main Enemy/s: Zidagar
Main ally/s: Voinains, Captains
Agreements:
Cash: 8.5 million

Zidagar:
Controlled by: Titan
Seconed in command: Redchigh
Main Enemy/s: Azdgari
Agreements:
Cash: 33 million

North tip Renagades (NTR):
Controlled by: Redchigh
Main ally/s: Zidagar, RA
Agreements:
Cash: 0 million

The Captains of S-570 (Captains):
Controlled by: Captain Carnotaur
Main Enemy/s: No main enemy
Main ally/s: Voinains, Azdgari
Agreements:
Cash: 30 million

If I got anything wrong, please post your complaint.

-Nova6

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------
(url="http://"http://www.pautsch.com/nova6")Visit my website!(/url)

(This message has been edited by Nova6 (edited 01-27-2001).)

Originally posted by Nova6:
**Report on government alliances and enemys:

Azdgari:
Main Enemy/s: Zidagar
Main ally/s: Nova6, Carnotaur
Agreements:
Cash: 3.5 million

Zidager:
Agreements:
Cash: 30 million

North tip Renagades (NTR):
Main ally/s: Deadalus
Agreements:
Cash: 15 million

Ok, I've been racking my brain about this, and i still don't get it- I'm an ally of the Zidigar, and of the RA.
RA is an ally of Nova6.
Nova6 is an ally of captains and adzgari. So listen- my allies' allies' ally is my only enemy. ok know can someone tell me what i just said?

------------------
The difference in
insantiy and ingenious is
measured just by success.

Everybody slow down. Stop quoting entire posts right after the fact and get to the point. Remember that you cannot make two actions without reaction (that includes two consecutive posts). Apply any information we need to know noticeably and not mixed in with everything else. Do not post simply to say that you have moved forces unless it is a large amount and you also post what areas are weakened because of that. Redchigh, please understand that transmissions are for character-to-character information only. You have told the character Daedalus many things that only the moderator Daedalus knew before. I'm afraid this cannot be reversed. Also, research takes an exceedingly large amount of time (indisputable) and takes the same amount of time to apply to vessels (indisputable). I'm not exactly sure what has been researched but anything that is has to go through me for verification before implementation.

CONTINUATION: Rooster: "You have the firepower here, i want to see my ships and then i'll let him go. You know i can never escape your forces with the ships alive.

------------------
It is not fear that will destroy you, but the absence of it.

Starting Personel Research Projects.

Flak Missiles
Flak Turrets

Yay.

-1000K I guess? If this looks wrong, tell me.

BTW, Rooster, how much time would Research take? And is it effected by how much money is spent?

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub29.ezboard.com/b20")Don't click here.(/url)
Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?
The Person who misspells "Voinian" knows not of the 50 gigaton nuke coming at their cranium.

It's effected by the current national situation, and can be slightly influenced by more funding.

------------------
It is not fear that will destroy you, but the absence of it.

I think the research for flak turrets and missiles should cost a bit less than 1000k. Just my opinion...

What does everyone think of the map?

------------------
--------------

Bubaganoosh lands back on the planet (forget which planet that is) to see the Emperor about the stolen plans.

------------------
Ganna paint our wagon,
Ganna paint it good,
We ain't braggin',
We're ganna coat that wood!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :::ECONOMY REPORT::: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Here is the list of how much money indivuals have.

-All amounts are assuming that roostersw doesn't revoke any techs which I am sure he will. Carno three techs is too much but I will still make the changes here until they are revoked.

Daedalus (RA):..........................13.25 million + 2 mil/day*
Thunder (Kayans):.......................14 million + 1 mil/day*
Carnotour (Captains):.................30 million
Roostersw:.....................................3 million**
Buba:...............................................2.5 million
Lonevoinian (old UE):....................11 million + 1 mil/day*
Titan (Zidagar):...............................33 million + 3 mil/day*
Arada Pilot (Agdzari):.....................8.5 million + 5 mil/day*
Nova6 (Voinians):...........................22.5 million + 2 mil/day*
Samurai............................................1.5 million
Redchigh (NT Renegades)..........0 million +1 mil/day

• = all days are actual real life days
    ** = I don't remember how much you guys have from missions, just tell me if you should have more or less.

If I missed any people or your money and/or rates seem wrong. Submit your argument and I will make the nessesary changes.

------------------
----------------------
Give them shell! give them solid shot! Damn them, give them anything!

(This message has been edited by daedalus (edited 01-27-2001).)

(This message has been edited by daedalus (edited 01-27-2001).)

Here is a technology summary, it is the best that I could do and some stuff is probably left out and others have to be revoked.

RA: F-25 Upgrade- completed- 1) We analyzed a sample of Voinian armor and were blasting it with different kind of energy until one of my scientist said 'Why are we doing this. This armor is made to stop energy bursts. Lets find a chemical to break it down. So we began researching different knids of acids and we eventually made our own, modified to quickly break down Voinian armor. We discovered that if it is launched in a specialized capsule, it can be carried in the pulse of a phase cannon. The heat also keeps the acid from freezing.
The second part of the package is a defense against Voinian neutron cannons. We considered increasing armor but that would make our ships sluggish. We knew that shields couldn't get much better than they were and magnetic field wouldn't effect neutrons. We came up with something call a protofield. What this is is a kind of field of out going protons around a ship that is emitted by pockets of radioactive material. We used standard magnetic shields to reflect all of the protons away from the ship. The pockets can also be closed when the ship is in port. The protons intercept oncoming neutron pulses and pull some of the neutrons with them. However, because the neutrons are in concentrations and the protons are not, a lot of neutrons still get through. We could increase the radioactive material but that could make the entire ship radioactive.

NT Renegades (Redchigh): The New phase beamer- was researched briefly- does about 8x more damage. The installation of the new phase beamer also incudes a warhead infused w/ the armor, so that the second the shields are down and anything barely touches the armor, the ship will destroy any ships within a 10,000 mile range. I replace my phase beamers on my Zidar w/ the REDchigh phase beamer, and add one more. I now have 4 redchigh phase beamers.

Agdzari:
Azdgari Supercruiser- built in a single post
Shields: 5500
Armor: 3000 (From Voinian Tech)
Weapons: 10 Phase neutron turrets (Carno's tech), 3 SAE Launchers (Igadzra)+60 modules, 1 Plasma Siphon (Igadzra)
Fighters: 2 Azdara Bays+12 Fighters
Outftis: 1 Systems upgrade (Stolen from Zidagar), Azdgari Upgrade, Azdgari shield equipment (all)
Price: 32 mil, only 16 mil here because of rooster's rule. (That's more than twice an Igazra, and igazras were invented long ago, so for the stats its reasonable)
Production: 4 so far (-64 mil). I have sold off 4 AW's at shipyards for extra cash (+6.25 mil each=+25 mil).
Finance Total: 42.5+25-64=3.5 mil remaining

Kayans (Thunder):Spacial Flux Enhancer- being researched- This device would be able to amplify the natural fluctuations in the fabric of space.

Zidagar:
-Chem missles- discovered in an old warhouse, used before EVO

-Zidagar Dreadnaught- made in a single post out of Zidara hulls, has 6 of them
Shields: 1500
Armor: 600
Cargo space: 250 tons
Weapon space: 300 tons
Weapons: 8 phase turrets, 2 phase beam turrets, 2 pursuit missile launchers, 50 missiles, 2 Zidagar fighter bays 4 fighters, Cloaking device

------------------
----------------------
Give them shell! give them solid shot! Damn them, give them anything!

Daedalus, Redchigh's phase beam should be tuned down a bit. Phase beams are already good, and an beam 8x as power is just plain unrealistic. Maybe 2x, 3x, or 4x, but never 8x.

Captains of Freeport - Phase Neutron Weaponry - Tech 1 Finished: Phase Neutrony weaponry, though complicated, works on a highly simple basis. By hooking up a modified and adapted phase turret (or swivel phase cannon) reinforced with dospect armor to a neutron generator, the combination creates a weapon with a very good range (about twice that of normal phase weapons), the speed and reload of phase weapons, and the strength of neutron rounds. Highly deadly these weapons work much better against Proton Shields than normal slow firing and slow recharging standard neutron weapons.

Captains of Freeport - Crescent Dreadnaught - Under Developement - NOT STARTED TO BE BUILT YET: (all stats are NOT in ResEdit scale)
Shields: 400 (crescent/Carnotaur tech)
Armor: 2000 (modified Voinian tech)
Recharge: 100-90 (Azdgari shield tech)
Speed: 250 (Azdgari speed tech)
Turning: 3 (Azdgari maneuver tech)
Acceleration: 300 (Azdgari accel. tech)
Weapons:
1-12 Phase Neutron Turrets
2-4 SAE Launchers - 80 SAE Modules
3-3 Azdara Bays (researched from Azdgari Warships given to the captains) - 18 Azdaras
4-2 Igadzra Beams (Igadzra tech provided by ex-Igadzra military hackers)

Captains of Freeport - Phase Torpedo - Tech 3 Under Considerment (being considered, not in research stage) - DATA CLASSIFIED AT MOMENT. Limited Information availible: The phase torpedo, still under developement, works on an unusual and unique basis of phasing in and out of space and sub-space. All other information classified at moment.

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 01-27-2001).)