A question

This might be a stupid question.

Some people on this board are from other countrys, do they know English or does the computer translate what they say for us?

------------------
The Person who joins the Voinian Empire knows not true might and he knows not true wisdom.

Titan, I think the contributions from writers in other countries are in their own best English. It takes exceptional software to translate well and it's unlikely that a web-board such as this would do it automatically.

Glynnor

That would be so cool. But us from other countrys just have to do our best. Actually most people who deal with computers need to speak english.
(danish)

------------------

(This message has been edited by Jude (edited 12-26-2000).)

I don't think even some of the best translation software in existence can translate colloquial Danish, for example, accurately... Altavista's translations, for example, are funnier than they are good. 🙂

P.S.: Enlightening topic name, Titan.

------------------
Visit my EVO web site at (url="http://"http://www.evoverride.com")http://www.evoverride.com(/url)!
"One sting is remembered longer than a thousand caresses."--Toklar, Mon Calamari philosopher

i guess the web isn't as inclusive as one would hope, then. enlish-fluent is a pretty discriminating requirement.

------------------

If someone has a screen name like Opalius, it proably means they're not english.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

By the way, welcome to the board wes 🙂 (Noticed you only had 4 posts)

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

Originally posted by 21st Century Digital Boy:
**By the way, welcome to the board wes:) (Noticed you only had 4 posts)

Welcome wes! (Ten posts)

------------------

thanks. getting up there.

------------------

QUOTE)Originally posted by Shayborg:
**P.S.: Enlightening topic name, Titan.

**(/QUOTE)

I couldn't think of anything better at the time.

------------------
The Person who joins the Voinian Empire knows not true might and he knows not true wisdom.

If someone has a screen name like Opalius, it proably means they're not english.

Actually opalius doesn't have anyting to do with denmark. Just used the name when i was writing grafitti. Maybe its more like the ancient romans, since i live in Italy. Dont know, could be im just babbling, but hey its early for me 🙂

------------------
Opalius, please change your sig or I will have to delete your posts orlower your karma. I cannot reach you by e-mail to warn you, so this is your warning.
Jude

(This message has been edited by Jude (edited 12-26-2000).)

Originally posted by Titan:
**This might be a stupid question.

Some people on this board are from other countrys, do they know English or does the computer translate what they say for us?

No computer programs have the grammer capeablity to do this. Like Spanih you say the ball IS round and red. nOT THE ROUND RED BALL IN ENGLISH

------------------
Gordotron "Long live
the Adizgara!"