Two Data Files

Why did Matt seperate the EV Data into two differant resources? The files take up almost no space, and actually take up less space combined into one file! Having two differant data files is really crappy for those who like to edit their EVO.

------------------
Coming soon...

Originally posted by Admiral Dennis:
**(SNIP)

Having two differant data files is really crappy for those who like to edit their EVO.

I'll bet that is why he did that. You arn't supposted to edit EVO.

------------------
The Person who joins the United Earth Communism knows not true might and he knows not true wisdom.

My objective is to live forever. So far so good.
Books of the new millennia:Left Behind, Tribulaton Force, Nicolae, Soul Harvest, Apollyon, Assassins, The Indwelling, The Mark.

Originally posted by Lonevoinian:
**I'll bet that is why he did that. You arn't supposted to edit EVO.

Well, I combined both my dada files into Override Data 1, and made an empty file with the corrisponding Type and Creator codes called "Override Data 2". Hehe. 😄

------------------
Coming soon...

Lonevoinian, the UE is not a Communism! :mad:

------------------
What else do you burn than witches?
More witches!
"The Holy Grail", Monty Python

Splitting data files reduces the amount of memory it takes to load data. For example, the plugin Quantumire, weighing in at a hefty 15 megs, takes a lot of RAM to run. EVO, while somewhat smaller, takes far less.

------------------
"Love is being stupid together." - Paul Valery (1871 - 1945)
AIM: ColdFusion117
(url="http://"mailto:coldfusion@meowx.com")mailto:coldfusion@meowx.com(/url)coldfusion@meowx.com

Originally posted by ColdFusion:
**Splitting data files reduces the amount of memory it takes to load data. For example, the plugin Quantumire, weighing in at a hefty 15 megs, takes a lot of RAM to run. EVO, while somewhat smaller, takes far less.

That's because EVO is loading it's own programming/graphics/sounds, etc. then

Originally posted by Metzen:
That's because EVO is loading it's own programming/graphics/sounds, etc. ** then**