Stellar Corps, UE Exploration Corps, & rear-firing phase weapon

3 questions:

How do I join Stellar Corps? I went to New Chicago at Thoso several times and no one from Stellar Corps offers me anything at the bar. But the UE people keep offering me a mission at bars at many of the planets, including New Chicago. I have been refusing this mission, because this time around, I want to work for Stellar Corps, and I am assuming I can't work for both of them. I have an Arada with a Mostly Harmless rating (don't laught--I'm a trader, not a fighter!)

On the vidnews at the bars, sometimes there is an ad that says something like "Join the Exploration Corps." Is there any way to do this in the game, or is it just meaningless news?

I bought a rear-firing phase weapon for my Arada, after selling 2 of the 4 regular phase weapons that came with it. But the rear-firing one won't work, no matter what I do. Do I need a bay or something? It won't fire with the space bar (although the front ones do) or the shift key (and doesn't show up as a secondary weapon with the w key, either, s I assume it should fire with the front ones).

Thanks.
Jude

------------------

You can work for both UE and Steller Corp, The rear firing phase gun only works on ships behind you.

The halovid thing saying join steller corp is just meaningless news.

------------------
What else do you burn than witches?
More witches!
"The Holy Grail", Monty Python

(This message has been edited by Titan (edited 12-16-2000).)

Originally posted by Titan:
You can work for both UE and Steller Corp, The rear firing phase gun only works on ships behind you.

So it only fires if you have a target behind you? Because when I press the space bar, I can see the guns shooting out the front, but not the back, even when there are no oother ships around.

**The halovid thing saying join steller corp is just meaningless news.

You mean the Exploration Corps? Okay, that's too bad though. Sounds like fun.

So what do I have to do to get missins from Stellar Corps? I've never gotten any yet; I don't think so anyway.
Jude

------------------

Try doing the UE mission first, then go back to new Chicago.

------------------
More witches!

You should be able to get the Stellar Corp Recuritment mission and New Chicago with only a few tries....my guess is that either your legal status isn't high enough, or that accepting the UE cargo missions is a requirement for gaining access to Stellar Corp. Most likely, it is the latter....the mission trying you recurit you for UE shipping is the first one you get upon starting a new pilot, as it is vital to opening up many, many other parts of Override's scenario. I am quite sure you need to accept and complete it in order to get anywhere. Don't worry though, I can guarantee you that you can work for UE shipping and Stellar Corp at the same time....I have a few saved pilots that have accomplished just that. LMK how it works out....completing that mission should about do the trick though.

The Exploration Corps is merely a holovid advertisement with very little meaning. If someone were to create a plug-in exploring the angle that'd be another story, but it hasn't been attempted yet. If only I had the knowhow and time....

The rear phase cannon is, in my opinion, all but useless. It works like a primary weapon, but fires only when there is an enemy almost directly behind you. Its like a swivel phase cannon that works backwards. I tried it once or twice, then ditched it forever....it is a waste of space and money in my opinion. They work fine IF you can line the enemy up with the rear of your ship, but only then. With the space it takes to hold 2 of them, you could get another cargo pod or 2 more forward-firing swivel cannons (not the standard, they're tough to aim)...at least with them you can actually hit something worthwhile, and you can cause a lot more damage with 4 mounted in one direction in those cases where you can't just quite get away....all that's needed is a quick 180 degree turn and you've got em'. Its up to you, of course.

UEC

------------------

(This message has been edited by UE Crusader (edited 12-16-2000).)

Once again UE Crusader is right.

------------------
Visit my EV site (url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/indie/thecatacomb/index.html")The Catacomb(/url)
My (url="http://"http://pub40.ezboard.com/bthecatacomb")Unnoficial EV boards.(/url)
If a tree falls in a forest,and no ones around to hear it, does it make a sound?
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is."

Originally posted by Jude:
**I bought a rear-firing phase weapon for my Arada, after selling 2 of the 4 regular phase weapons that came with it. But the rear-firing one won't work, no matter what I do. Do I need a bay or something? It won't fire with the space bar (although the front ones do) or the shift key (and doesn't show up as a secondary weapon with the w key, either, s I assume it should fire with the front ones).

Make sure that you have a ship targeted that's to your rear. The Rear Phase Cannon is just a turret that can't fire to the sides or the front. Like a turret, it won't fire without a valid target.

------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks

(QUOTE)Originally posted by UE Crusader:
**You should be able to get the Stellar Corp Recuritment mission and New Chicago with only a few tries....my guess is that either your legal status isn't high enough, or that accepting the UE cargo missions is a requirement for gaining access to Stellar Corp. Most likely, it is the latter....the mission trying you recurit you for UE shipping is the first one you get upon starting a new pilot, as it is vital to opening up many, many other parts of Override's scenario. I am quite sure you need to accept and complete it in order to get anywhere. Don't worry though, I can guarantee you that you can work for UE shipping and Stellar Corp at the same time....I have a few saved pilots that have accomplished just that. LMK how it works out....completing that mission should about do the trick though.
The Exploration Corps is merely a holovid advertisement with very little meaning. If someone were to create a plug-in exploring the angle that'd be another story, but it hasn't been attempted yet. If only I had the knowhow and time....

The rear phase cannon is, in my opinion, all but useless. It works like a primary weapon, but fires only when there is an enemy almost directly behind you. Its like a swivel phase cannon that works backwards. I tried it once or twice, then ditched it forever....it is a waste of space and money in my opinion. They work fine IF you can line the enemy up with the rear of your ship, but only then. With the space it takes to hold 2 of them, you could get another cargo pod or 2 more forward-firing swivel cannons (not the standard, they're tough to aim)...at least with them you can actually hit something worthwhile, and you can cause a lot more damage with 4 mounted in one direction in those cases where you can't just quite get away....all that's needed is a quick 180 degree turn and you've got em'. Its up to you, of course.

UEC

**(/QUOTE

I already said that!

------------------
More witches!

(This message has been edited by Titan (edited 12-16-2000).)

Thanks, everyone.
Jude

------------------

Heh I liked UEC's reply better though 😛
The thing in the holovid indeed is another place for plugin devs to hook up. There are quite a few of those in the game... And very few challenges were accepted.

s

------------------

If you help a Moderator you'd think your karma would go up.

------------------
More witches!

Originally posted by Titan:
**If you help a Moderator you'd think your karma would go up.

Why, though? Then everyone would flood the mods' questions with tons of replies. If you ask me, helping a moderator is no more important that helping a fellow member. I know, moderators are moderators and the ones that have the power to raise your karma, but we still need to help out membes who have problems. They're important people, too. After all, what's a webboard without members?

------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks

Originally posted by miranu:
**After all, what's a webboard without members?

My webboard 😉

------------------
Visit my EV site (url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/indie/thecatacomb/index.html")The Catacomb(/url)
My (url="http://"http://pub40.ezboard.com/bthecatacomb")Unnoficial EV boards.(/url)
If a tree falls in a forest,and no ones around to hear it, does it make a sound?
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is."

(quote)Originally posted by The Catacomb:
**My webboard;)

------------------
YakKa Foob MoG. GRuG
PubbuWuP ZiNk WattooM
GaZoRK. CHuMBLE SpuZz.

But anyway, this is getting off subject.

PS-Could someone please try to an Exploration corps plug? It seems like a cool idea.

------------------
YakKa Foob MoG. GRuG
PubbuWuP ZiNk WattooM
GaZoRK. CHuMBLE SpuZz.