PLUGINS DON'T WORK!

Sometimes, when I put in a new plug for EVO, it says that the game "ran out of memory while trying to load its graphics." I increased the memory by 10 megs, but still, it doesn't work. Help!

------------------

stevejobs wrote:
**Sometimes, when I put in a new plug for EVO, it says that the game "ran out of memory while trying to load its graphics." I increased the memory by 10 megs, but still, it doesn't work. Help!

Yeah, this is to do with the graphics in EV/EVO - it requires two graphics per ship - the ship itself and the mask. If one is missing, then it refuses to load, and hangs on startup - with the message that it is out of memory.

I would check the spin resources (I think) and see whether they match up.

(Im sorry, Im just getting used to ResEdit, and Im not too familiar with the terms yet)

This should work - very rarely is this caused by lack of memory!!!!

-Out

(oh, and methinks this is an imposter 🙂 )

------------------
- Cast out by society, loved my few, the Outcast's life is not a happy one.

I also have a problem with my plugins.Everytime i expand a file theres only text files
and the plug is there but its a text WTF????please help!!
PS.Idont have a Mac i use executor!

If you download a plug onto a PeeCee it automatically deletes the resource fork when in is unstuffed. :frown:

Try to have someone e-mail you a previously unstuffed version.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

My e-mail is mike200033909@yahoo.com
Please send me some unstuffed plugins
I dont care witch 1s but please send the overlord plugin
I heard its 1 of the best

hey. i cant get the plug-ins i downloaded to work. it keeps saying that it cant find the program that created it. is there a specific software program i need to get or what?

------------------

Originally posted by Rakan Thorne:
**hey. i cant get the plug-ins i downloaded to work. it keeps saying that it cant find the program that created it. is there a specific software program i need to get or what?

If you get this error trying to unstuff the files, try launching Expander first, then use the 'Open' command (From within the app) on the file.

------------------
My eyes see what yours see not...
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro &default;=")USE ME, DAMNIT!!!(/url)

(This message has been edited by goomeister (edited 12-01-2000).)

hey thanks goomeister, i think it worked

------------------