cool weapons

Where can I get all of the powerful weapons and upgrades????

------------------

Most of the weapons you need can be bought; some can only be gained by completing certain mission strings.

In my early days, my first stopping place for better weapons, once I had some cash, was Miranu, about 7 jumps North of Saalia. The Miranu generally have the best stuff early on in the game, such as:

Phase Turrets (180k) - useful for most attacks, but weak against Voinian armor
Engine Upgrade (1.25m) - increases top speed of your ship
Thrust Uprade (1.25m) - increases the acceleration of your ship
RCS upgrade (1.25m) - increases the turn rate of your ship
Shield Generators (500k) - increases the rate at which shield regenerate

They also have some "projectile" weapons such as pursuit missiles/launcher, SAD pods/launcher... but I don't usually bother with those, as I'm more of a turret guns guy.

Later on, after completing the Paaren Station missions, I think you can get Dospect Armor there, which is much better than traditional armor.

Some cool weapons, such as the Plasma Siphon (good for dealing with swarms of small fighters) are only available after completing certain missions for the Igadzra...this mission string, if I remember correctly, starts on Kitrak.

If you're looking to get rich quick, check out some of the links in the search engine, though my favorite, once you've got a reasonably powerful ship, is to hang out in renegade infested space eg. Hatuli and surrounding system, and board Turncoats after you have disabled them and destroyed the little fighters that they send after you. Turncoats are not that powerful, but hold a good amount of credits.

I hope that helps - for more specific advice, use the search engine and look for terms like "Igadzra missions", "plasma siphon"...etc/

Good hunting!

------------------
Glynnor

Powerful weapons? Not a good question to ask here, everyone has their preference.

------------------
Very funny, now beam down my clothes. These ladies look rest-less..... uh-oh...
Alien's famous tongue...
"Vionions?? Voinioniommoins?? Viks? Veggies? Vegetables? Oh wait, that's a hewman plant...
SEARCH..... THEN...... ASK!!!!