Frozen Heart-The Implosion Bomb

Yes, I have it. I've been trying to fire it at the black hole, but it explodes instantly when it leaves my ship! I'm using EVO 1.0.2, and I was thinking that there was a time/a few times when I thought the red thing shoundn't be there, but it was...

If you need my pilot file, that's OK...

------------------
Max B-H
"I've taken the disperser out of the loop and run the cables through the initiator power intake on the engine power system. The feedback energy is just accumulating in the repulsor system. When the power level is high enough, I'll reset the feedback power breaker and dump the energy right into the initiator intake on the engine power systems."
"What?!"
"Jump-start it," Han said. "I'm going to jumpstart it."

Finiky little thing, isn't it?

First, try to have at least one layer of armor (or shield enhancement) on your fighter. In case you haven't figured it out, you can get a Tach Fighter with the requisite tractor beam, implosion missile, implosion bomb, speed and manoeuverability upgrades, and afterburner if you sell off the extra five TB's on the ship. This extra protection is vital.

Next, play on the largest possible monitor you can find. This is an interesting feature of EVO; the larger the screen, the more of the playing field you see. It's like getting free long range sensors!

On to the bombing. Line yourself up on a kamakazie run with the black hole. Use your tach-beam as a visual aid if needed. The thing should be just barely off-screen, preferably about the length of two tach-beams away. Now, when you see a completly asteroid-free path between you and the hole, gun it! There are two ways to do this. One, zip over to the black hole at top normal speed, release the bomb just before you enter the hole's weapon's range, then hit the afterburner, flying over the hole. Two, just burn rubber right off the start.

The bomb will be released with half the velocity of your ship, and has a blast radius probably equal to that of the length of a tach-beam shot. Release the bomb one length away from the hole and you should make it.

Now, when I tried it, my slow reaction time caused me to drop it directly on top of the hole. I think a combination of incredible speed and that tiny bit of extra armor enabled me to survive the blast (with literally a pixel of armor left).

could you give me some advice on how to get the tech fighter. What I did to complete the mission you are on is to land on that planet in that system, I thinks its hostile than you can kill the ship as it pulls in right next to you. I hope it works for you. Now give me a hand above

------------------
"Join The army they
said. See the world
they said. I'd rather be
sailing." -His Majesties

ooops sorry wrong posting

------------------
"Join The army they
said. See the world
they said. I'd rather be
sailing." -His Majesties