Council

I've been playing evo for a while but one thing that's boggled my mine is this council stuff. I've only been there once or twice but my legal status is "Galactic Scourge" and a ship called the "Ali Sadi" or something pops up and tries to kill me sometimes. Whats up with this council thing, can you do missions for them?

------------------

i have been wondering this, too.

the dësc in the station on the easternmost part of adzgari space indicates that the Adzgari are under orders of the Council to interdict the hyperspace traffic of only stable jump point to the outside of the crecent.

though the planet the council station orbits now once held the cradle of civilzation of all three strands (zidagar, adzgari and igadzra (notice that all the letters are the same for each one)), a war apparently broke out, and the planet was annihilated. i am guessing that all three strands AND the strandless were once the same race called the Gadzair, and once the war destroyed their homeworld, the survivors gave freedom to the three distinct strands.

apparently, since the Gadzair system is directly in the middle of the fighting and yet no one fights there, it is reasonable to assume that that system is considered inviolate OR that all three strands respect the authority of what Gadzair remain (The Council).

as far as i know, the only missions for the council are the ones invented by us in plug-in form.

but as for WHY the council doesn't want anyone leaving the galaxy... maybe that isn't it. perhaps the council is PREVENTING someone from ever coming back to the galaxy.

------------------
"You have to know, not fear, that someday you are going to die. Until you know that and embrace that, you are useless."
-Tyler Durden
DON'T SMOKE! SMOKING KILLS! Don't beleive me? Ask The Weathermen about March 6, 1970 in Greenwich Village.

(This message has been edited by Jon Egunner (edited 09-12-2000).)

Originally posted by Jon Egunner:
**i have been wondering this, too.

the dësc in the station on the easternmost part of adzgari space indicates that the Adzgari are under orders of the Council to interdict the hyperspace traffic of only stable jump point to the outside of the crecent.

though the planet the council station orbits now once held the cradle of civilzation of all three strands (zidagar, adzgari and igadzra (notice that all the letters are the same for each one)), a war apparently broke out, and the planet was annihilated. i am guessing that all three strands AND the strandless were once the same race called the Gadzair, and once the war destroyed their homeworld, the survivors gave freedom to the three distinct strands.

apparently, since the Gadzair system is directly in the middle of the fighting and yet no one fights there, it is reasonable to assume that that system is considered inviolate OR that all three strands respect the authority of what Gadzair remain (The Council).

as far as i know, the only missions for the council are the ones invented by us in plug-in form.

but as for WHY the council doesn't want anyone leaving the galaxy... maybe that isn't it. perhaps the council is PREVENTING someone from ever coming back to the galaxy.

Basically, that's correct. You should put the rest of that on the Chronicles.

------------------
I trust you Ubbie baby-Pam
Damn it Pam, stop glowing-Harry
You know Harry, I used to like you-Ubermann

Translated from German, Ubermannen means 'to overpower'
Translated from German, Ubermensch means 'superman'
'Nuff said

Gene pools need their own lifeguards.

A.S.S Cuisine reporting for duty!

Originally posted by Ubermann:
**Basically, that's correct. You should put the rest of that on the Chronicles.

What do you mean by 'the rest of that'? like my ideas about who or what has been evicted from the galaxy?

------------------
"You have to know, not fear, that someday you are going to die. Until you know that and embrace that, you are useless."
-Tyler Durden
DON'T SMOKE! SMOKING KILLS! Don't beleive me? Ask The Weathermen about March 6, 1970 in Greenwich Village.

There all ready is a story like that on the Chronicles, by Rabid_Penguin, I believe.

------------------
A scholar's ink lasts much longer than a martyr's blood. - Irish proverb.

I'm working on a plugin to create a storyline for the Gadzair/Strand birthplace/whatever story. It isn't going to be really cool, since I can't draw graphics AT ALL (read: no new ships, planet graphics, etc.) but it probably will have some new systems, and at least one mission string, and probably one string for each race. I can't give you a release date, though...but I'll post it on the EVO add-ons page here when I'm done. One thing I can do is write storylines, so that should be pretty tight.

------------------
I can't think of anything to write here.

Hey, if you are planning a plug, use others to help you. Then your plug will be that much better rather than being ho-hum.

------------------
I trust you Ubbie baby-Pam
Damn it Pam, stop glowing-Harry
You know Harry, I used to like you-Ubermann

Translated from German, Ubermannen means 'to overpower'
Translated from German, Ubermensch means 'superman'
'Nuff said

Gene pools need their own lifeguards.

A.S.S Cuisine reporting for duty!