ROTV II mission help plz

Just so I don't ruin anyone's day if they haven't gotten up to this in Reign of the Voinians II:

SPOILER

I'm up to the mission where you fake an attack on Knox to get Telnan in the Ariane system ... I've gone through this like 60 different ways how do you beat the mission?? I tried doing it like they said, but that required bribing Knox and nothing came up, then I went and decimated the Ariane fleet, no Voinians ever showed up, when I went back to New Voinia nothing happened ... help!

------------------

You have to rename ROTV to Reign I of the Voinians. Go to the mestor system and press F2 to select Knox's atmosphere. "Land" there and head to the Ariane system. Blow up all the UEs and head over to New Voinia. Land there and you are done with the 2nd hardest mission.

------------------
U.E. Lovers Are Ignorant Of True Power.

what

If you have Reign of the Voinians and Reign of the Voinians 2 in your plug-in folder you have to rename the first plug to Reign I of the Voinians. The idea is to make the first plug alphabeticly after the second. You can see if you did it right by going to your plug-ins folder, going to the menu bar and selecting "Sort by Name". You can also download the newest version of ROTV(Reign of the Voinians) and puting "Reign: Magma" in your plugins folder. It has fixed that bug and it looks cooler, too. You have to take out the version of ROTV that you are using now, though.

P.S. You forgot your question mark in your last post.
------------------

(This message has been edited by Lonevoinian (edited 08-31-2000).)

when I did that Earth reverted back to United Earth government and I can't complete the mission ... what happened?

------------------

Bribe your way onto a planet, quit the game and chang "Reign I of the Voinians" back to "Reign of the Voinians". That is why I recomended swiching to "Reign: Magma" in my last post.

------------------

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it! Works great now!

------------------

Your welcome. Tell me when you have finshed the plug.

------------------