I am sick and tired of all the newbies that ask about why they can't get their plugs unstuffed on their machine because they get the error message 31- and don't know what to do and many say: Use ResEdit! Alright, here are some steps to follow:
1. Get ZipIt. Download it from the Internet and register it.
2. Use ZipIt. Download a plug or a file or whatever, put it into ZipIt, save it and then unstuff it properly in Binary mode. Then leave it..
3. Get Stuffit Expander. Download and register version 5.5 because all the previous versions have had many problems with the Binary decoding process. SO get 5.5, don't 4.7....
4. Use Stuffit Expander. Decode the ZipIt file and I have never encountered an error 31- message when I have worked with the file in ZipIt.
5. Use your newly decoded plug and have fun for some hours. If you got the error 31- message, buy a new computer or use Norton to clean your **** computer. Alright....... So, now I don't want to hear a word from newbies about the unstuffing process........
"You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs."
-Quote from Vladimir Ilich Ulyanov, alias Lenin when he made a speech about counter-terrorism to the Soviet Union-
The best UT site on the net
The best macgamer site on the net
A good Mac Shareware site on the net
A good hyperarchive site for mac
Want to take a brake from the net? Try this...
Originally posted by --Eirik--:
**I am sick and tired of all the newbies that ask about why they can't get their plugs unstuffed on their machine because they get the error message 31- and don't know what to do and many say: Use ResEdit! Alright, here are some steps to follow:
And you're not a newbie?
You don't even need zipit. Stuffit Expander should be more than enough to handle MacBinary (.bin) and Binhex (.hqx) decoding and unstuffing (.sit) it at the same time. Just go get a more current version...say 5.0 or newer. Simple...
Damn I'm tired...PEACE YO!
"Quoted the Kwanza Man...nevermore"
I don't reckon myself as a newbie because I have registered myself 3 times, first as Marvin in February this year, later as MarViN in May this year and finally as --Eirik-- in July this year as well... I got sick of the Marvin name, dont know where I picked it up... Anyway, I use ZipIt only because I had a **** computer until 2 weeks ago when I got both 500hz/G4 and an Apple Cinema Display widescreen...... The previous mac I had, a special edition iBook was screwed up and I had so much problems with it that I got sick of it and bought a new mac.. I only use ZipIt when I get the error 31- message (have got it 2 times since I got the new mac) after I have virus scanned it in Virex and many other programs.. I only want this mac to stay free of bugs..... And 5.0 werent programmed for every code in Binary....